Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

All four NY t-shirts arrived from Warner Bros. records this morning.

2. mgearhart

mgearhart Forum Resident

I also purchased Live Rust today and really happy with the sound. True to the original with no album edits.

footlooseman and qtrules like this.
  3. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

I have Live Rust on vinyl. Never bought the cd for the edits reason.

4. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

Did your "Powderfinger" download, my download of that song failed.

5. Benjy

Benjy Forum Resident

The box is now 111,86EUR in amazon.de ($136)

I finally had to bite.

ParanoidAndroid likes this.
  6. soundfanz

soundfanz Forum Resident

You guys discussing downloads, pono... whatever. Why not start a new thread? Elsewhere.

This is a thread for the Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Ted Bell, AZRunner, Bob M. and 3 others like this.
  7. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Good spot! I got one for 112,78 euros which is just over £92 including postage.

8. Pancat

Pancat Senior Member

BTW my perfect replacement came direct from the seller without quibble.

9. Just be aware that you might get one of the early boxes (typo on sticker, glue problem on TTN) from Amazon.de.

10. ParanoidAndroid

Okay. Is this conclusion based on the price being so low or previous experience?

11. It's based on Amazon.de sending me one of the early boxes (from Italy), when I ordered it for EUR 110.

12. ParanoidAndroid

Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

13. Graham

Graham Senior Member

The TTN glue "problem" applies to boxes all over the US too so it makes no difference where you're ordering it from.

Bryce and soundfanz like this.
  14. mgearhart

mgearhart Forum Resident

Yes, I submitted a support ticket for this.

15. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Mine just arrived today, Dec 23rd. Did you order L or XL? I was wondering if I should have had order L instead of XL? I was worried about the shrinkage when drying. Have you opened
    yours to see if the shirts are the "boxy fitting" or slim fit? I have some fruit of loom t-shirts that are XL(46-48) and they didnt shrink at all. I'm a 6'-1, 170lbs guy, like the slim fit better. I might do an exchange after I hear from other forum members here.

16. soundfanz

soundfanz Forum Resident

What a great box. I hesitated for a while before purchasing, owing to price and being a little indifferent to Time Fades Away previously.
    But wow, as is the case with the 1-4 box, these sound brilliant.
    I now have a much greater appreciation for On The Beach too. Brilliant.
    Mine (000618) had glue issues and small split spine seams on 2 of the albums, but have reglued the covers....and all is sweet.

17. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I just receive my box from BullMoose the other day and have cleaned the vinyl on the RCM. I had the 15% code from the NY site but BullMoose is better to deal with than WB or whoever. I plan to listen over the next few days. They passed the visual inspection as the vinyl looked flawless. Two covers (TNT and TFA), had glue issues. TNT seems to be fixed by just pressing it back together but we will see and TFA will need to be glued.

What is the best glue to use? Elmers, regular glue stick, other?

18. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I'm about he same frame at 6'1" 175-180 and 80% of my t-shirts are L and others are M. I didn't order the shirts because everyone said they were a "boxy" fit. I'd exchange if I were you. I may get TNT shirt eventually the reports on the fitting are better.

19. David P. Hill

You answered my question, I plan to exchange them after the Christmas day. Appreciate your fast reply! I remembering seeing some past messages from this thread on what glue they were using. Check it out and let us know on your results and listening to your lps.

mikemoon likes this.
  20. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

No problem. BTW are the t-shirts American Apparel or of similar quality (soft cotton)?

Yeah, I remember reading it but this thread is a bit sprawling. I know people went to Michael's. I will find out eventually!

21. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I got my set of shirts yesterday. I had bought an OTB shirt in my store on Black Friday. The one from the NY store is a completely different color. Lol Just 2 very different shades of beige or tan. And they fit very differently. The one I bought in store is practically nightshirt length. These are not. I would not call them slim fit, but they are not overly boxy either. I wear M's mostly and that's what I bought and they fit ok. Also, the one I bought in store was not organic cotton, but these are as they were advertised on his site. For the price I paid for the 4 shirts in the bundle(I also got 15%off) I am happy with them. T-shirts are always a gamble, fit wise. If I only wear them once then they will go down in history just like half the concert/band shirts I've bought over the years!

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  22. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Listened to the whole box and I think it sounds great. Had the cover problem with TTN and a slight crackle on the beginning of See the Sky About to Rain on OTB. Overall pretty happy with this set. Wish it was cheaper though.

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I haven't opened the package and am wondering the same thing. I, too, ordered XL, just in case. 6'1" 180 lbs. here ... just like everyone else.

24. David P. Hill

25. I thought this thread/forum was about records, but apparently it's also about t-shirts...:confused: :hide:

no, indeed, I really don't understand why one would order those t-shirts, sorry...:shrug:. Do you order a t-shirt for every album favorite?, just really curious...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.