Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my thoughts exactly!

(except TFA already was a great album in my book, it's even better now)

(nr 000695 here)

2. at 60 I have enough rock T shirts :tiphat:

fasteddie113NL likes this.
  3. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

The set of records is also being sold as a bundle with the t-shirts.

What's hard to understand? Do you ask people at concerts why they buy t-shirts too? Or why people buy a shirt of their favorite sports team? You have to wear something, why wouldn't you wear something you like?

no, indeed, I really don't understand how this is a big mystery to you, sorry.

(for the record, I didn't buy the shirts but would maybe grab one if I saw it in the store.)

4. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

I just ordered the T shirt bundle(series 5-8) without the Vinyl since I only do Compact Discs.
    Does anybody know if Neil plans on issusing or reissuing series 1-4 T Shirt bundle ? I haven't been able to find out but I sure could use a Everybody Knows This Nowhere and the other T shirts.... apologies to those who don't want to discuss the t-shirts I'm just having a hard time tracking those down.

5. Are the Shirts digital or analogue?

6. John Barrett

John Barrett Forum Resident

I don't know but my TTN shirt arrived with no stitching, had to sew it myself.

purple-lazy, Moth, NimCain and 4 others like this.
  7. 220 / 180 / 150 grs? Black, clear or colored? Marbled or splattered maybe??

Mazzy likes this.
  8. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Thanks for that info.

He didn't issue any for series 1-4 (or at least any I can remember).

JulesDassin likes this.
  9. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

:biglaugh:

mestreech likes this.
  10. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Purchased the RSD box at a Boxing Day sale (Dec. 26 to you folks in the U.S.)

Great set. LPs and album jackets in perfect condition.

My big surprise is Time Fades Away, which I hadn't heard before. Awesome record!

11. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Can you guys go down album by album (5-8) say whether they sound better than the original vinyl or not? Thanks.

12. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

so where do you order this from?

13. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Got mine from Bull Moose

14. Could someone who has a Pono Player please tell me how much each Neil Young album costs to download in 24bit/192kHz?

15. tbugsett

tbugsett Forum Resident

All 24bit/192kHz albums cost $21.79 except:
    Live Rust, Storytone & Mixed Pages of Storytone $23.99
    Storytone Deluxe $32.29

On The Beach, American Stars 'n Bars, Hawks & Doves and Reactor are all 24bit/88.2kHz. Each cost 16.29

16. I wonder why they're not at least 24bit/96kHz? They are all analogue mixes as far as I know. Thanks for the info anyway.

17. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Same digital masters of the DVD Audio releases?

18. tbugsett

tbugsett Forum Resident

The DVD-Audio releases of On The Beach, American Stars 'n Bars, Hawks & Doves and Reactor were all 24bit/176.4kHz.

19. Heart of Gold

In my opinion they're using the 2003 digital remasters. Some credits coincide with this thesis.

tbugsett likes this.
  20. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Is the Harvest Pono download the same mastering as the DVD-Audio?

21. Heart of Gold

[QU AuduOTE="tlake6659, post: 11613327, member: 2699"]Is the Harvest Pono download the same mastering as the DVD-Audio?[/QUOTE]
    Dvd Audio had a surround remix by Elliot Mazer and a stereo remaster by Tim Mulligan. Is the stereo remaster the same as the archives vol.1?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  22. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Is it worth paying $200 for this box? I was hoping to grab it when I got an email from the Neil Young webstore about a 15% discount. Unfortunately, there was no discount for the box apparently. Even though the email said 15% off everything. Damn...why is Neil so expensive. I don't really want to miss out on this set but am hesitant to spend 200 bones on a 4 record set. I can get the 7 LP Cream box for 135!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  23. Heart of Gold

Neil has his own production teams for his Archives, either audio and video, plus the costs of maintenance and duplication. Thousands of reels, audio and video plus tons of digital stuff and all the expenses for the machinery. An average of 15 people for year working on his video/audio projects, some with 40-50 years of experience.
    So this is somewhat our taxation for the above costs.

24. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

I'm hoping the single albums are released sooner than later...

crassus515 and Leviethan like this.
  25. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

The box set is US160, unless you want the T-shirts too, and the discount does cover the box; it's applied at checkout. So, if you get 15% off, it comes out about the same price as the Cream set. So you get the four fantastic sounding NY LPs for the same price as the seven mediocre sounding Cream ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.