Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And the Beatles and Led Zeppelin and others do too and can sell single LPs for $23. or less

2. twowwheels

twowwheels Forum Resident

I ordered the box with tee shirts at 10% off or $180 not including shipping. My albums are numbered in the low 400s. Thus far I've played Tonights the Night and it is spooky good, the best version I've ever heard. The vinyl is perfect, flat, drilled on center and it played flawlessly without any ticks or pops. The cover is not glued on one end, big deal. I can fix that if I ever get around to it. I'm looking forward to spinning the rest. The t shirts look fine and seem to fit my build well. Its expensive but I am happy with my purchase of these desert island albums.

3. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

Glad I've already owned TFA on vinyl since it was cut out in the mid 70's. I'll stick with my needle drop given to me by a kind soul with a good system.

4. Oh look this again. Every time.

AZRunner and Graham like this.
  5. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

You need to email NY Store website and complain about the 15% discount, I had to argue about the 15% discount on my box set/t-shirt set and finally received it. Took about a week to receive it.

6. John Barrett

John Barrett Forum Resident

I think with the discount mine worked out at £107. So around £26 per LP isn't too painful and i got a pretty low number as well. There is a higher level of quality (despite the lack of glue) generally with Neil vinyl, the replica covers are particularly well done and the pressings are usually faultless (mainly!). Compared with the attention to detail of say the LZ reissues (not a fan of the card stock etc...) , i don't mind paying a bit extra.

7. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

I'm still in Box Set Hell with this one. Bull Moose was nice enough to exchange my box 3 times, but every subsequent set has been unacceptable - my latest OTB has a big stalagmite sticking up from the middle of "Ambulance Blues" that causes about 8 very loud pops in a row. WEA and the NY store won't replace any defective discs - they suggest I return it to Bull Moose and then order from them, but I think I might just be ready to give up on this set after all the back and forth and repeatedly shoddy pressings = I'm burned out.

It's a shame because TTN is a revelation and the other LPs sound pretty good, too . . . maybe I'll have to return this and just wait for them to be released individually and try my luck that way -- I don't want to be without TTN, but this has been exhausting . . . I'm happy for all of you who have a positive experience and are enjoying this set, but I have NEVER, EVER had this much trouble with any product (of any kind) in all my days . . . (sigh.)

8. This is sad. I am not confident there is any quality control in the vinyl industry. It's such a simple thing. We all inspect our own records everyday. It takes about 5 seconds to tell if a record has obvious visual defects. They are not even trying. I guess they'll cut any corner to add a couple of cents to their margins.

9. teag

teag Forum Resident

Uh huh.

10. Yeah true but you are not viewing 5 to 10k plus copies going out the door.

11. So, it's an impossibility, then? Human hands (which should at the very least be wearing gloves) are placing the records in their sleeves and I assume most of the workers are not visually impared.

Pancat and frogfog like this.
  12. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

These 2 back-to-back posts are perplexing. Supposedly the extra cost per LP covers extra QC. But unfortunately one glaring defect made it onto the shelves for sale.
    Stuff happens, I guess...no matter the cost.

Mazzy likes this.
  13. We already pay enough. We shouldn't have to pay any more. The QC should be the same across the board. I don't expect every copy to be perfect but, I believe the QC is the weak link in the chain and the consumer is the one left to deal with it.

lightbulb likes this.
  14. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Just got yesterday my box but my shirts NOT. Grrrr

15. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

This set is probably over priced but my guess is pretty soon the price will close to double as it becomes harder to find. You can still buy 1-4 but it's $300-$400. I may have just been lucky but mine's nearly perfect and sounds great. I did get the glue problem but not on TTN. TFA was the one for me. I've already fixed it.

16. Six String

Six String Senior Member

17. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

I
    In fact, Pocahontas and Ride My Llama weren't on Zuma.

18. rpd

rpd Senior Member

A new version on CD?

19. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

on Pono (download).

20. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Ah, thanks

21. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

22. bradley a kessler

bradley a kessler Forum Resident

I was just looking on sound garden and the listed some new neil young reissues. they listed chrome dreams, on the beach, time fades away, tonights the night and zuma on vinyl. does anyone know when they will be released? thanx brad

23. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

24. bradley a kessler

bradley a kessler Forum Resident

I called sound garden theyre going to be individual releases coming on april 1. brad

25. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Archives 2 is released on the same day ....

jsayers and AZRunner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.