Neil Young Official Release Series 8.5-12 pre-order

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jack, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

I have a 1st pressing of Freedom. It sounds great. It was also mastered DMM. Blows the CD out of the water.

2. lsmanley

lsmanley Forum Resident

That set would be awesome, also, I'd have to add Weld and Unplugged to that set.

I think this 8.5-12 set will also be great, very happy about this. If you already own these albums and don't need this then fine, don't buy it. I have a couple of the albums (Comes a Time and Rust Never Sleeps) but going on the sound quality of the previous vinyl boxsets, this will sound outstanding.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  3. lsmanley

lsmanley Forum Resident

This is unfortunately true. I have a few of these on vinyl, and it's hard to differentiate between the CD's and the vinyl. However, a few of these titles are extortionate to buy on vinyl these days (presumably because not many were pressed in the height of the CD age) and I'd still be pretty excited about these being redone. And the 2 LP argument is a good one because of the length of some of the albums.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  4. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Checking every day on Amazon UK for this to be listed. It's on Spin CDs for £99.99 but they take the money upfront and can't be trusted to deliver so no go there.

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  5. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

£100 isn't that bad a price, I suppose. Especially considering the last set was priced a lot higher, had less discs and was of such poor quality. Hopefully it's something similar on Amazon UK.

6. Nick Fuller

Nick Fuller Forum Resident

Have all these records but still tempted with the set due to quality of the other 8 albums I have.

Although my American Stars and Rust Never Sleeps are perfect copies.

Rockinrob likes this.
  7. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

Does anyone know if this is going to be released in Europe and if so: when?

8. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

No reason to expect otherwise... I'm 99.9% sure it will be released in Europe. No official release date yet that I know of, but I'm looking for it ;)

9. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I asked the official Neil Young store if they were releasing a numbered box with t-shirts, like last time.
    I just got their responds :
    Thank you for contacting us! We do not have current plans for this release, but thank you for your email and your input. We will forward your message to our suggestion box.

purple-lazy and FourWalledWorld like this.
  10. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping they'll take it on board.

11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I still find it very curious that they put out two numbered boxsets and then suddenly a not numbered one.
    Neil's thinking is indeed unpredictable.

purple-lazy likes this.
  12. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Buried in that article was the nugget that Archives Volume 2 has been completed for a 2017 release, which may explain where the CD remasteres and Time Fades Away are going...

13. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Neil doesn't want to roll another number (for the box).

14. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

"nearly completed" which for Neil is very different from completed. We've heard it before...

bluerondo and qtrules like this.
  15. Strontian

Strontian Forum Resident

I'm not seeing anything official regarding this release. That's probably being a little fast and loose with the word official I grant you, however by now I would have expected this to be available for Pre-Order on Neil Young WB US & or UK Stores.

I also read that reply from WB store as "We do not have current plans for this release" at all not just that they are not bundling T-Shirts etc or numbering. As has been mentioned both previous releases were numbered if bought from the NY WB Stores.

Maybe I've missed something but bar some stores repeating the same info and a simple front cover shot, i'm not convinced yet, loved to be proved otherwise though.

16. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

It's available for preorder at various retailers.

17. Strontian

Strontian Forum Resident

Hi Gabe, I understand that but I'm not convinced their all not just jumping on a band wagon so to speak. By now with around a month to go till Black Friday we would see something more on the Neil Young Stores UK & US in my experience. Hell you might even see some box sets trickle out the back door of some pressing plant in Europe like the last time, months prior to official release date but with no numbering, unusual pressing consistencies etc. but nothing this time.

Let's hope its out though, looking forward to it but not prepared to Pre-Order from any of the current UK suppliers at this time.

18. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

The stores don't post things like this until they get word from their distributors that they will be available. It's always possible that it will be pushed back, but I don't doubt it's coming. I don't think we can draw any conclusions about that from the Neil Young store not offering it this time.

19. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

I'm wondering if it's delayed. Can't find it listed anymore on Bull Moose or other retailers. It was official though as it was listed as WB label and PopMarket sold it several weeks ago.

Strontian likes this.
  20. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

they were "nearing completion" back in 2009.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  21. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

On October 14 I asked Bull Moose about this. They responded "Nothing to worry about. There will be a big announcement soon."
    I'm still waiting for that announcement.

Strontian likes this.
  22. bluerondo

bluerondo Forum Resident

No thank you. My turntable's been on the fritz for some time now, with no repair soon in sight, so I'll hold out for the CD/DVD audio/Blu-ray, if Neil ever feels he can acknowledge us peons. By the way Neil, I've got your Pono for you... Pono hell freezing over will I plunk down for one!

23. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

His fan base is getting really old and also his unreleased material is slowly beginning to get the PD status in Europe. To some point, in few years his management will be forced to think something for keeping the copyright on the recordings as Sony and Bob Dylan office are already doing for their archival stuff.

24. Jack

Jack Senior Member Thread Starter

Orde link is back up at Bull Moose. Glad I got in on the early bird price.

25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.