Neil Young: Tonight's the Night, Zuma, On the Beach (vinyl) - Sept 6th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by painted8, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not sure I've seen this posted, but the 3 titles in the subject of this thread are being issued on vinyl Sept 6th.

140 grams on Reprise records. Each is $25. "Remastered from the original master tapes"

2. David Ellis

David Ellis Forum Resident

Thanks for that. I need On The Beach on LP.

painted8 likes this.
  3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

painted8 likes this.
  4. Vinyl Fan 1973

Anywho....I've got my pre-order in for 3 titles, left out Zuma for the moment. Looking forward to getting these as I don't own them in any format.

5. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident Thread Starter

On yes - and Time Fades Away, too.

6. Agent of Fortune

Agent of Fortune Däncing Barefoot

The pièce de résistance. :goodie:

chrisblower and painted8 like this.
  7. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

anybody played any of these yet?

Coricama likes this.
  8. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I'm picking up all 3 ditch albums this weekend. Already have a nice German Zuma that I doubt can be much improved on.

9. seg763

seg763 Forum Resident

my TFA is waiting for me at home :) wonder if I'll get through Last Dance without any requests to turn it down from the wife and daughter. Even I have to admit the no no no part at the end goes on too long.

10. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

I just got TTN yesterday. Sounds incredible until "Lookout Joe" starts. Some annoying surface noise on my copy. Anyone else find this to be the case? I may return it for another. Bellman did a great job on these otherwise. I'm getting On The Beach to save my original U.S. copy from anymore play wear. That's my favourite release so I am looking forward to another pressing.

Kubricker likes this.
  11. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

My copies of Zuma and Tonight's The Night are great. On The Beach, unfortunately, is noisy. May need return it. They all sound great, though. Haven't bitten on Time Fades Away just yet.

12. Vinyl Fan 1973

Try another copy of On The Beach, my copy was flawless, but it took one exchange.

13. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Was really hoping these would get CD reissues as well, like the first four albums did under the Archives project standalones, but I've not seen any word just yet. Disappointing, to say the least.

14. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

I hope to pick up all of these. My favorite period, and the albums are difficult to find in clean condition for decent money.

15. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

Thanks VF, I did, and the second one is nearly perfect.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  16. Vinyl Fan 1973

Glad to hear it, enjoy it my friend!

17. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I got a copy of Tonight's The Night at a local shop today, I agree it sounds great. Mine is warped and dished, i'm getting a replacement.
    The poor pressing quality continues, I seem to get more than a few duds, i've started buying certain categories of reissues from places
    I know I can return it. Sad really, and wastes a lot of my time.

Todd68 likes this.
  18. Mumdad

Mumdad Forum Resident

Just received my TTN and it also has some noise at the start of that track - not sure if it's non-fill but it sounds similar and is pretty loud. If it was just that I'd probably put up with it but TTN Part II has some loud ticks as well so I'm probably going to return it since it at £20 it was more than I'd usually be able to justify spending on a single LP.

Your post has me concerned that I might end up with one no better having shelled out on top for return postage though!

19. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

My replacement copy is fine. Here's hoping you do better second time around.

Mumdad likes this.
  20. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I got my replacement today and its much better, no issues this time. Happy now!

21. Vinyl Fan 1973

Has anyone compared Zuma to that German reissue from a few years back? My local HMV won't stock the new one, they keep getting in the German import.

22. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Mine as well. First copy of OTB was good to go.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  23. Vinyl Fan 1973

These reissues are fantastic, just missing Zuma, but not sure which one to get?

24. Agent57

Agent57 Marshall will buoy, but Fender control

That German Zuma vinyl reissue is great and still available on Amazon for 17 bucks, I'd also be interested in how the new one compares.

25. Vinyl Fan 1973

Thanks! HMV has many copies for $18 in stock near work, and I was just going to grab that one. I can get the new one from Amazon for $32, but if the sonics are comparable, I'd rather spend $18. I did read very positive reviews for the German reissue press.

Agent57 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.