Neil Youngs "Missing 4" To Be Released on DVD-A in September!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomd

tomd Senior Member Thread Starter

Just got a confirmation on this from Rhino's DVD-A man-Robin Hurley.He said the "missing 4 " will be released on DVD-A in September!!!! This backs up what was stated on the Neil Young site Hyperrust.org

2. tomd

I just get's better and better!!!When I asked- "are there any more specific NY titles decided on for DVD-A release" Robin Hurley's reply was that Rhino plans to offer up the entire catalog in chronological order after the missing 4 get released on DVD-A in September!! Maybe,just Maybe, this will finally happen in 04'!!!

3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

What about redbook remasters? Can't play DVD-A's in the car.

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Man, I hope this is true. That would be GREAT!!

By the time these come out, DVD-A will already be available in a few cars!

5. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

You can always record the analog output from a DVD-A player onto a CD-R.

6. tomd

I agree-Neil's management need to issue a statement about his back catalog plans for (DVD-A,the missing 4,the box,cd remasters)all at once NOW rather than later!

7. Sheesh. What about the HDCD rebook discs that were slated for now? Needle drops here we come.

8. GabeG

GabeG New Member

It's possible these may come in the form of hybrid DVD-A.

9. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

These decisions are made by Shakey himself & no one else. So, ultimately, it's not only up to him to state his intentions, but to also follow through with them.

10. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

The madness continues! All I want is the release of the 4 that were scheduled for 6/24 on regular old cee dee. Will that ever happen????

It would be nice if they remastered the rest of his back catalogue (all of which sounds horrible IMO).:realmad:

11. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I can almost believe this one. It meets with Neil's requirements that he wanted back catalog releases in a high resolution format. Although he never did release Are You Passionate in DVD-A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.