Neil Young's unreleased songs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rasselas, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasselas

Rasselas “Neil Young Unreleased - NYU” on Facebook Thread Starter

With the recent publication of the online Neil Young Archive, it is what is not included (yet) which interests me especially. I am not talking about alternative performances of already published songs but rather the 200 or so other songs which he has written or covered and which are not officially released. Many/the majority are not even unofficially released on bootlegs either, and quite a few have never even been performed live.

Can anyone help me track down more information on the following titles, such as
    - YouTube or other postings of performances
    - References in articles/books with more information than that shown below
    etc. Any input appreciated.

All The Things I’ve Gotta Do Girl 1969 (Presumably the same as Look At All The Things (Danny Whitten))
    Baby Go 1965
    Barefoot Floors 1974, from the Homegrown sessions
    Because I Love You 1966-1968, Buffalo Springfield repertoire (perhaps = On The Way Home ?)
    Beggars Day (Nils Lofgren) 1982, Trans Tour
    Believe Me 1973, presumably = Traces recorded on CSNY 1974
    Big Pearl 1982, studio outtake for the unreleased Island In The Sun album
    Big Waves 1970, studio outtake for After The Gold Rush, presumably early version of Powderfinger
    Billy Pennyworth 1965-1968, Buffalo Springfield repertoire, according to Archives Vol. 1 planned originally for Neil Young
    The Birds and the Bees
    (Barry Stuart) 1965, The Squires repertoire, reworked during TNFY period?
    Blind River Blues listed by some as a NY song but seems to be a song by Terry Erickson who travelled with NY on Mort’s last trip to Blind River
    Blues At Midnight/Blues Stay Away From Me 2007, performed at Bridge School Benefit

That's just A to B. More to follow! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on any of these.

Dan Steele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.