Neo Psych Fans: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard..Far Out!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ServingTheMusic, Nov 22, 2015.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Talking about nice looking vinyl, your Avatar is pretty sharp mate! :righton:

jazon likes this.
  2. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Ooh the two I ordered (Float & Oddments) just showed up today!
    I had totally forgotten about it, so it was a nice surprise.

Will report later tonight on sound/pressing/packaging/etc.

latheofheaven, richierichie and jazon like this.
  3. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Just seen all these, the 5 ATO coloured vinyl on Amazon UK. The info says they are on Flightless Records.

As if I've not spent enough on box sets this year and many more on pre-order I thought WTF, so I ordered all 5 for £90.

It's the vinyl countdown folks! :pineapple::cop::cop::cop::bdance::bdance::bdance::cop::cop::cop::pineapple:

WJA and latheofheaven like this.
  4. latheofheaven

Hmmm, that's weird... I also live in Southern California, but I haven't gotten any shipping notices or anything... o_O

*** EDIT

I also ordered the same album.

5. WJA

WJA Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up, gonna order some.

6. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

25 bucks CAD on amazon.ca. Coulda saved some bucks buying those instead of the Flightless but who I am kidding..I need both!

CowboyBob likes this.
  7. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

FWIW, I didn't get a shipping notice either - they just showed up, which is why I was surprised.

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. latheofheaven

Ah... good to know, thanks! But, there is a link to your order on the Flightless site, and they say that they will notify you when it ships on that page, but still... I guess I will (HOPEFULLY) find out sometime soon... I don't casually spend $40 for an album, but the colours & design on that particular vinyl (oddiments) was pretty sharp, so those B@stards better send it or they just might find themselves about 6 feet down under... :agree:

9. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Okay, first, the shipping packaging was pretty cool - more than a little obvious what's in it...

[​IMG]

Oddments is in a nice gatefold sleeve, with the art all presented well inside and out. (my copy was a bit dished, but nothing too bad)

[​IMG]

And Float Along came with a nice 2-sided poster (and those stickers came with the package)

[​IMG]

They sound nice (as nice as these lo-fi recordings are gonna sound), and the pressing is really good (except my slightly dished record), no noise and very clean. They're packaged with a record in the inner sleeve removed from the outer sleeve, placed together in a plastic outer sleeve. Good job/quality all around.

10. latheofheaven

I am SO frigg'n jealous right now...

[​IMG]

richierichie likes this.
  11. latheofheaven

Ah... It did come today :) I must say, nicely packaged... I think your disc has a bit more blue in it than mine does.

12. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

got mine!

[​IMG]

13. latheofheaven

Ah, the picture doesn't show, but at least your post was not removed here as it appears to have been on the other thread... :)

14. latheofheaven

For $40 I really would have appreciated the vinyl actually looking a lot more like the picture they show for Oddments. Mine doesn't have any where near the blue sunburst pattern as they show; there's barely any blue on the vinyl. If I had known that I probably wouldn't have spent more for their version. But, I haven't listened to it yet, so at least if the sonics are great, that would be nice...

15. jazon

I still haven't gotten these.. should I be concerned?

16. latheofheaven

I truly don't know mate. You might consider contacting Flightless to see if they ran out and are repressing it or what...

17. jazon

I spoke too soon. They came in the mail today. Can't wait to spin 'em!

latheofheaven and richierichie like this.
  18. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Has anyone else got the standard releases of these? I picked up two and eyes like the skies does something weird. At the end of side 2, the arm goes along the runout as usual but right at the end, the stylus kicks up and sends the arm flying back across the record! I took it back and we then tried all the others in the shop and they all did the same! The owner called his account manager who hasn’t had any complaints and seems to reckon this is normal and is a novelty feature!!! This seems more like a bad pressing fault to me but what do I know :D so if anyone has the orange version, let me know how yours plays out and anyone with the direct from flightless also please let me know if yours play out smoothly. Cheers l!

19. CowboyBob

CowboyBob Forum Resident

500 copies of Polygondwanaland up at Newberry Comics. Looks pretty sweeet!!

latheofheaven and MrRom92 like this.
  20. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

So glad this was finally announced as I have been sitting on this news for a long time and could not wait to share with everyone :) it’s been a pleasure collaborating with them to put this out. They could have worked together with any of the labels that did this album... they could’ve even done it themselves! But we worked together on this and I think that says a lot. They want to offer something really nice for the fans, and this gives everyone another chance to get this coveted version of the album. Fuller announcement from me incoming soon :)

CowboyBob likes this.
  21. latheofheaven

Wow, now that is weird... I'm thinking it is NOT supposed to do that. People with sensitive arms / cartridges are not going to take too kindly to something of that nature...

Purplefowler likes this.
  22. Purplefowler

That’s my theory too. It’s not just a little bounce back either, the arm flys backwards. I’ve never seen anything like it! But nobody has said either way if they are affected or not (tried on the king gizzard f/b page too). Unless I can prove this is not normal, the account manager is refusing to accept it is a problem so both me and the shop are stuck.

23. CowboyBob

CowboyBob Forum Resident

Just listened to my Flightless (Aus) pressing and it returns normally at the end of side 2. I am getting an ATO pressing this afternoon and will give it a spin and report back!

Purplefowler likes this.
  24. Purplefowler

Thank you! Brilliant news. I’ll be very interested to see how you get in with the other. From the hunting I’ve done I was beginning to think people have only bought these to put on the shelf!

25. CowboyBob

CowboyBob Forum Resident

Ok...played the orange ATO pressing on both a linear tracking turntable and a standard turntable. Functioned just fine.

The auto return on The p-mount linear tracker worked perfectly. Then I tested on a manual Sansui and it rode the runout grooves just fine without hiccup.

Trying to wrap my head around what could be causing your malfunction!

Purplefowler likes this.