Never Mind The Bollocks - 40th Anniversary Deluxe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunspot, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

It's actually still an awesome rock n roll record despite the hype and legend surrounding the Pistols.

2. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I guess it'll still be there the day that I want to hear it. I always think I'd do well on a musical version of I have never ever ... I have never ever heard London Calling either.

3. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

That's OK. I've never heard OK Computer, and nor do I have an inkling to. There's a thread there.

Cooks420, Jack and BlueSpeedway like this.
  4. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

Not I Wanna Be Me, other songs

5. Off:
    The SHM [SA-CD] reminds me of a 'Modern Mastering' re-mastering of a classic film. Yes, it's all 'clean', yet some of the 'grainy' imagery has been lost; IMO.
    For a 'grittier' "NMTB, HTSP" experience i like the UK Virgin [for 'Early Eighties Flat Transfer Sound'/not saying it is - just sounds 'flat'/i like the early US WB]. For the 'rawest' "SP" sound i luv the early ceedee singles.
    [haven't heard "everything"]

Enjoy.

:angel:

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  6. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Yeah, that'll be "Johnny B Goode/Roadrunner", "Stepping Stone" and other such. The originals are on the "Jubilee" set.

7. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

This is the Swindle CD you're talking about, correct? Sex Pistols - The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle

8. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yup. My only complaint for this one is that they crossfaded a track into the beginning of "C'mon Everybody".

9. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

London Calling is a classic!

10. punkmusick

And is a completely different record than Never Mind The Bollocks.

Soundslave likes this.
  11. Edmoney

Edmoney Forum Resident

Are the 2012 Swindle and 2012 Never Mind the Bollocks your preferred masterings for these two albums?

12. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yes. They aren't perfect. On the loud side, but I like the EQ and sounds like they came from better sources. There are more dynamic older CDs but they sound kinda weak and from inferior sources, imo. Plus with the 2012 Swindle, you get Watcha Gonna Do About It AND I Wanna Be Me, whereas the older discs had one or the other.

13. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I love this album....but always thought there was no reason to buy any other editions...how can you improve on perfection??

However this caught my eye..am I right that its a reissue if a re-issue??? Does anyone have it???

My initial view is the other discs will contain inferior/poorer quality versions of the main disc and therefore unlikely to be played much.

Any thoughts??

14. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

So I think they only difference between this and 2012 box and this one is the live material was on disc 2 from the 2012 set, with the demo material on the third disc and here it's reversed. Am I correct?

15. InStepWithTheStars

16. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

It was released on October 28, 1977... so happy birthday and welcome to your midlife crisis, Bollocks!

punkmusick likes this.
  17. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Bbc4 showed the SexPistols Huddersfield Christmas 1977 docu a couple days ago, it was way better than I was expecting

Man at C&A and punkmusick like this.
  18. InStepWithTheStars

Any updates on this?

19. Frank Irons

Frank Irons Forum Resident

The Pistols dropped a preview video on YouTube.

punkmusick likes this.
  20. InStepWithTheStars

I can still find virtually nothing about this. Is this out yet? Have they pushed it back further? I can't find the Amazon page anymore...

21. RnRmf

RnRmf Senior Member

22. punkmusick

I'm unsatisfied with this release. They should have brought something new and not just a re-release of material previously released in the 35th anniversary set.

At least they could have included the complete outtakes from NMTB sessions all mastered to sound alike in the same CD. It would probably be an easy thing to do since the songs not included were officially released by Virgin in 1992. At least those songs should have been included.

sathvyre likes this.
  23. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

If you mean "Roadrunner" etc, those were not NMTB outtakes, they were outtakes from the initial "Anarchy" session with Dave Goodman that got overdubbed for the "Swindle" double album.

24. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Well, it would be nice to get a proper 1976 recordings box set, including all the old demo stuff in various versions / mixes.

punkmusick and rnranimal like this.
  25. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

No no no....if they had added content then all those that bought the 35th would have felt cheated, having to buy it again. This set is clearly marketed as a 'cheap' version of the 35th set so you know what you are buying and it's quite daft to say you are unsatisfied with this release.

jsayers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.