New Björk album, Vulnicura, March 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsb!, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Since they don't specify the colors but said they'd match with the artwork, I'll take a stab at guessing:
    • Debut: tan/brown
    • Post: pink (I believe the original UK issue was this color)
    • Homogenic: some shade of blue, maybe? This is a tough one.
    • Vespertine: white
    • Medulla: another tough one. Really no idea.
    • Volta: red
    • Biophilia: afro orange

BeardedSteven likes this.
  2. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

There are clues in the descriptions of the LPs on the OLI site.

Debut -beige
    Post - pink
    Homogenic - green
    Vespertine - white
    Medulla - brown
    Volta - red
    Biophilia - blue

Stole this from the Bjork forum! Didn't notice it myself in the descriptions at first. We'll see if it's correct.

And, the kids on the Bjork forum are already buying the whole set on impulse. I wonder how long I can hold off....

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

If Bjork put out a lavish box set with colored vinyl and a hardcover book, I would probably buy it. This seemed like a good chance to do it, with the MOMA retrospective, too.

Lela likes this.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Didn't notice it either. Debut also mentions silver and Volta also mentions neon green.

5. BeardedSteven

Agreed. A very nice box to go with these, and that book, would be fabulous. If anybody could do a well done boxset it would be her. Missed opportunity? Or maybe they don't know how well they'll sell to old fans? But her fans seem to have deep pockets. I'm just so mad I just ordered the other LPs I did...

6. BeardedSteven

Neon green would be cool!

7. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

Hoping they will have the vinyl for sale at the MOMA Store like they had the Kraftwork albums.

Lela likes this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Another thing I'd like to see from Bjork at this point in her career: an odds-and-ends / b-sides collection (NOT including the myriad of remixes done of her work). A sort of Bjork "Past Masters" that collects Japan-only bonus tracks, one-offs, and other non-album tracks into one place.

Lela likes this.
  9. BeardedSteven

Somebody posted these on the Bjork forum, apparently from her FB page. I like the bright colors!

[​IMG]

Lela, Starwanderer and Bryan like this.
  10. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident Thread Starter

Pink is perfect for Post, of course, but I was really expecting a silver or metallic blue type thing for Homogenic. All the rest make sense though.

Unsure whether to get these in colour (paying OLI prices) or wait for the black ones which I assume are not limited and will be available more widely. Greatest Hits (in the 200gm DMM) and Voltaic are the only Björk albums I have on vinyl (though I have Vulnicura on pre-order).

11. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah I'm not really crazy about the green for Homogenic either. I like your suggestions plus I think red could have worked too, since it's used as an accent color on Bjork's outfit for the cover. Doesn't really matter either way, I already a copy on black so I think I'll pass regardless.

jsb! likes this.
  12. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Maybe one day Vulnicura on yellow vinyl.

Lela, Bryan and BeardedSteven like this.
  13. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah you'd think they'd just go ahead and do it now.

14. BeardedSteven

I wonder why they didn't do a Vunlicura on colored to match the set. Unless they bring it out after we already buy the black. Lol I do agree that the green seems odd for Homogenic as well.

And. P.S. I broke down and bought the whole colored set. :yikes: One Little Indian better pack those babies up for shipping carefully!

DJ WILBUR likes this.
  15. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up, but coloured vinyl is not for me. I'd only be interested if they re-issued on 45rpm.

16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

You need to track down copies of the DMM versions from a few years back, then. Those were all 45rpm and on 200g black vinyl.

17. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Yeah, not so easy to find and not so cheap anymore unfortunately. I wasn't buying vinyl at the time of issue back then and missed out :(

18. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I did too as I've been meaning to get her earlier records on vinyl. But the shipping costs to the US: :yikes: :yikes:

19. BeardedSteven

Yeah. I said i wouldn't buy because of shipping. But I rationalized it by it being less than the cost one one nice dinner out with drinks. Lol I'll have these for more than one night! So I clicked buy...

20. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

My reasoning is that Vespertine, my favorite Bjork album, will sound even better on white vinyl.

21. BeardedSteven

22. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

But not all aspects of music today are better. I personally miss cd singles that had b-sides, remixes, live tracks like we had back then.

rtalwani likes this.
  23. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident Thread Starter

They have said that not all details of Vulincura have been announced yet. So maybe it will be coloured...

Lela likes this.
  24. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

Apparently her vinyl pressings sound crappy. Any owners, can you confirm quality?

25. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i have found the opposite...all my vinyl of hers sounds great.

crispi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.