New Bjork single The Gate and album, 'Utopia', coming soon*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SteveM, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

That cover is appropriate for Halloween, I guess, but otherwise, blech!

2. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I’m not sure why so many people hate the single. I think it’s wonderful, and better than anything from her last album, which didn’t click with me at all.

3. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Im definitely looking forward to hearing the new album. I think I have actually liked all the albums so far, some more and some less.
    All her releases so far have been interesting, so following her doings ever since from the debut has been really wonderful.

Hymie the Robot and DBMethos like this.
  4. SteveM

SteveM Forum Resident Thread Starter

The cover is awful. I'm glad I'm only getting the CD artwork this time around!

5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I rather like the cover...

6. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Reigning Queen of weird ! I am glad there is a Bjork, but I don't have any desire to listen to her music. Does she ever play live anymore ?

7. SteveM

Yes, she does......frequently.

8. pghmusiclover

Her live dates in the US are always limited to just a few of the larger markets... I'm fairly certain she has never been to Pittsburgh, PA where I live.

9. SteveM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's never been to Evesham either! If you live in the UK and don't live in London, you have to travel to see her.

10. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Maybe she will release an album cover with an emoji of herself, album could be a social commentary on social media obsessiveness.

11. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I’ve seen her live twice, on the Vespertine and Biophilia tours. She is a great live performer.

gd0 likes this.
  12. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The Vulnicura LP took quite a while to finally show up in US shops. I seem to remember Biophilia being the same, but maybe not as bad. Anyways, I won't hold my breath over being able to walk into my local shop on 11/24 and get the new album on vinyl.

13. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I only just caught this, but Rough Trade has a peach colored LP up for pre-order. Apparently the only colored version there will be for this. And they finally ship from the US store to save on shipping!

Utopia – Rough Trade

Gibson67 likes this.
  14. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Different strokes and all that. I hate the new single but thought "Black Lake" was one of the most powerful and emotional things she has ever done.

15. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

How much is shipping?

16. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Speaking of Rough Trade, this album isn't even out yet and it's their #3 album of the year!

17. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

$3.16 for me for standard from the US site.

18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Thanks, I might actually just go ahead and order it, then. Bjork's releases on vinyl tend to be really weird about showing up on time to my local shops, so this would save me from having to check back multiple times.

BeardedSteven likes this.
  19. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

I’m always up for a new Bjork album. I don’t think there’s an album by her I haven’t liked. Can’t wait for this one.

Hymie the Robot, willy and Imagine70 like this.
  20. pghmusiclover

21. pghmusiclover

22. SteveM

The new album sounds quite interesting, at least from a sonic point of view. I'm glad we have the media of CD to fully appreciate its wildly varied and dynamic soundscapes! ;)

23. gjkendall

gjkendall Forum Resident

I wish she'd release a full on Big Time Sensuality type track! I enjoy this 2017 Bjork but really miss the Bjork of old.

24. SteveM

As someone who only came to her music in 2012, I don't miss her early style at all. The 90's stuff sounds a bit dated to me now. I prefer her work from Homogenic onwards, although granted, some of her very recent material loses my attention. She is certainly unique and not all her work hits the mark for me but I'd much rather have an original artist doing what she does than someone who safely retreads the same old same old. YMMV

25. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Just pre-ordered my copy!

BeardedSteven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.