New Black Sabbath! [Vinyl Box Set] 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fletch, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Sleep Till Download

No Sleep Till Download Forum Resident

200 quid lighter now but given most new pressing Sabbath albums seem to be around £20 each it's really isn't much extra for the goodies. Just hope the vinyl is quiet and defect free, I have had more noise problems with coloured vinyl than standard black. Black Stone Cherrys Kentucky on limited edition white being a particularly bad one.. Be nice if they have decent inner sleeves as well instead of the nasty cheap ones.

2. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

2009 Pierce masters huh? How were those?

Frank Field likes this.
  3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

"Crucifix-shaped BLACK SABBATH USB stick, exclusive to this box set, which can be worn round the neck and contains MQA high definition audio of the first eight BLACK SABBATH albums. "

Thats just hillariously F'd up :laugh:

Gawd..what has this rock n roll thing came to lol

HanowarHAIL likes this.
  4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

"We" who? Not me grrrrrr

They need to release those damn shm-sacd masterings..grrrx2

5. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Ok pre-ordered the box. Can't wait.

punkmusick likes this.
  6. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

Eagerly awaiting Season 2, for sure!

Johnny Rocker likes this.
  7. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

just got a shipping notification for this!

punkmusick, Sean and Imagine70 like this.
  8. Neilson77

Neilson77 Forum Resident

Is it too much to ask to do a proper all analog remastering job for all these albums? Be honest, nothing released since the original vinyl pressings has really matched them. Just shows how tight the record companies are.

xaml, punkmusick and 303 Squadron like this.
  9. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

My original Sabbath CD's may be the worst sounding CD's I have. Just flat, and not in a good way.

punkmusick likes this.
  10. Grippy

Grippy Forum Resident

Does anybody have any idea which pressing plant is doing these splatter vinyl LPs?

11. Grippy

Grippy Forum Resident

Bump!

12. panicproject

nobody has them yet so, not yet no.

13. panicproject

mine has arrived. not opened it yet. will report back as soon as i do.

punkmusick, Imagine70 and Erik Tracy like this.
  14. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Am I right in my conclusion that it won't be sold anywhere outside of Pledge Music and official band website (no Amazon etc.)? It seems to be sold out (or close to) before release.

15. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

The box arrived in perfect condition on 30th September. I played some of the USB stick which is a bit unwieldy so I have copied the files to a regular size USB stick. I have no idea what MQA is - the files are flac but jolly small. Will check the file size as I am out at the moment but it was only about 2GB for the entire set. The vinyl records looked fine but I am yet to play any. I played Paranoid (the track) and Planet Caravan from the USB. Had to turn the amp down a touch so they certainly play back at a fine volume. I thought the 2 tracks were very clear and fine in my opinion.

Joti Cover and punkmusick like this.
  16. BejittoSSJ5

BejittoSSJ5 Forum Resident

I love my 2016 Rhino deluxe issue of Paranoid, imo it's a perfect balance between the original Vertigo and other releases. And cut from the proper tapes also.

17. panicproject

apparently this new box set is mastered by Andy Pearce from the original tapes. whether that is a good thing or not will remain to be seen (or heard in fact)
    still not got round to opening mine yet.

18. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

19. So the USB are not high res files of each albums (unlike the Beatles Apple USB) I can't imagine at 2 gig for all of the albums that it's possible. That was the reason I wanted this set, but as I'm in the US, I haven't been able to order it regardless.

20. Tojo

Tojo Forum Resident

Does anyone know if this is a brand new Andy Pearce remastering or if they have used the 2009 deluxe and previous vinyl reissue remasters from 2015?

panicproject likes this.
  21. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

I like the 2016 well enough, but let's be clear, it was not cut from tape.

22. BejittoSSJ5

BejittoSSJ5 Forum Resident

I was not aware of that, at least it doesn't have the tape dropout and other issues from the US tape. I thought all the Rhino vinyl issues were AAA. Best digital cut record I have if that's the case. :righton:

23. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

It's digital and sounds digital, IMO.

I like it for the bonus material, but there are plenty of analog cuts from the 70's that blow it out of the water.

AFAIK, the only possibly confirmed AAA Rhinos are Vol.4, SBS and Sabotage done at Bernie Grundman's by Chris Bellman in 2011. All the recent Rhinos (Deluxe, colored vinyl) are supposedly hi-res but not much else.

24. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

2.55GB according to my lap top for all 8 albums in some flac format.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  25. Christian Zimmermann

Christian Zimmermann New Member

Hello to you all from Germany.
    I got my "Ten Year War" Box Set last week and the package as a whole looks amazing. I will get deeper in the vinyl on weekend when I have more time to spend on it. But so far I have a problem with the data files on the USB "Cross" flash drive. All albums sound really good, although I must say that I need more time for in depth listening here, too. But the "Never Say Die" album is completely damaged as a data file. The first three songs are ok, but from 4 to last I don't even can download them without having huge problems (transfer speed goes down to zero). The same goes for the readme pdf files. Has anyone similar issues with the usb stick? I write to pledge but don't get any response from them until now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.