New Black Sabbath! [Vinyl Box Set] 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fletch, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

For the two albums, you can easily get NM AAA pressings for the price of the box I guess.

Tim1954 likes this.
  2. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Give me a lead...

3. NicoRock

NicoRock Forum Resident

I got the HD Files. For the price a real bargain! Maybe a bit bright but very nice detail and dynamics. The 70's Vinyl records are still my favourite way to listen to Sabbath but this collection of HD tracks is beautiful! Thanks for the heads up!

4. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Who all has listened to these, especially the first two? Opinions?

5. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

I have only listened to side two of the debut and it sounded about the same as my Rhino from 2010, which is to say it sounded good and balanced. A little surface noise, but I haven't cleaned any of them yet.

cwd likes this.
  6. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

Does anyone have a more thorough review of the sound quality of the Vinyl in this box?

Tojo likes this.
  7. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

I'm wondering the same thing? Is this becoming hard to find or is it available anywhere at a decent price? Does anyone know what the original retail price was
    for this. Looks like a really cool set.

8. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

amazon.co.uk has the best price I could find (around 150 GBP). Almost half the price amazon.ca wanted for it and they didn't have it in stock.

stingraex2000 likes this.
  9. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

Bump. Anybody out there?

xaml likes this.
  10. jazon

I ordered this in early February and its still not shipped...

11. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Same here.

12. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

The only chance for these amazon.co.uk orders to get shipped is that there will be a 3rd pressing of this box. Otherwise they'll just be cancelled at some point.

13. jazon

Well thats dumb..when I ordered it amazon.co.uk had it listed as "In stock".

Funnily, it says its going to be delivered by Tuesday despite not shipping it yet.

Arriving Tuesday
    Ordered 9 February

14. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

The box looks to be sold out everywhere, so it’s either amazon waiting for a restock or poorly maintaining their inventory. Both versions are equally likely.

15. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

There's still a few copies left on the pledge music site, which doesn't do me any good, since they can't ship to the US. I placed an order on Feb 16th, but am assuming at this point it won't ship which is too bad.

16. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Seen them, but in its price range I have to trust retailers packaging and return policy to pull the trigger, and I've got no experience with Pledge.

17. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Yeah, I've ordered from them in the past without issue, but with a box this size, who knows. Wasn't really confident that Amazon would do it justice it either, but for the price wouldn't have passed it by.

Can't really justify paying any more than $250 for this thing (would be $209 through Amazon if they actually ever ship it). If I could find it anywhere else for close to that price, I would jump on it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  18. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I have the first pressing of this set and I sold the second pressing at cost + shipping to a local record store. I preordered this last fall at two different amazons to ensure I got a copy and the first arrived in November I believe. The second one I totally forgot to cancel and got that one in January.
    As for sound quality, I think it sounds good but I don’t have an audiophile setup. I’ve already owned multiple pressings of these albums. I’m just a fan of Sabbath.

19. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Absolutely, cause after all it’s more a souvenir that leans on band’s cult status and swirl label attraction than anything else.

20. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

The dreaded Amazon.co.uk email arrived in the Inbox this morning - we are officially in limbo :shake:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered on February 19 2018:

Black Sabbath "The Ten Year War [VINYL]"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075YB5L3T

We’ll email you as soon as we have a delivery date, and we’re making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible. If you would prefer, you can cancel this order and you won’t be charged.

21. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Of course, otherwise they would have popped up everywhere for sale by now. They’re sold out and maybe waiting to be repressed, but remember it’s a month to RSD and production of the box set requires a lot of pressing plant capacity.

frank3si likes this.
  22. Tojo

Tojo Forum Resident

23. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I was just at the shop where I sold my set and it’s still there. If anyone is interested I can send an email link via DM. Maybe they would ship it. No idea what they’re asking though.

tinnox likes this.
  24. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

25. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I am interested how did it play I heard rumors that it sounded bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.