New Bob Seger hits CD: "Ultimate Hits: Rock And Roll Never Forgets"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GroovinGarrett, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedWingfan

RedWingfan Forum Resident

This is not a greatest hits until Punch "The *****" Andrews allows the real Seger stuff to get released; like Heavy Music, Ramlin' Gamlin', Noah, etc.......
    What a joke!

2. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. Ordered it on Tuesday from bestbuy.com for $7.64 including tax and (free) shipping. It was shipped yesterday. Charlie

3. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Seger controls the rights to the Hideout/Cameo-Parkway material - that would make one good set with Heavy Music providing the anchor. Lots of punky attitude runs through those early tracks - I'd enjoy a legit release of those songs, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something comprehensive.

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

So the only differences between the album version and the mono single version are basically just the mixing levels? There are no instruments or vocal bits present on one version that don't appear on the other?

5. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Yup. The "Stereo" releases of the song, which appear on the original Stereo LP and 1993 CD release of the album "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" are just the mono single mix "rechanneled" for a fake stereo effect.

This compilation just takes the original mono single mix and compresses the heck out of it, altering it's sonic character for the worse IMHO (bloated bass, organ/vocals less prominent, etc).

6. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Just heard him do that song live a couple of hours ago in Connecticut. Great show. Performed "Little Drummer Boy" live for the first time ever!

7. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up. :)

When it comes to different versions of songs in my collection, I don't really consider that type of thing to be a proper alternate "version"... to me that's just more of a "recording with adjusted levels". ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.