New Breeders single "Wait in the Car"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aseriesofsneaks, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Last Splash-era lineup of the band has been recording new material and released a single today entitled "Wait in the Car". Based on the information on the band's website, there will be three variations for the 7" single, each on coloured vinyl with different cover art and b-sides. The orange vinyl will be available at their upcoming shows, the yellow vinyl will be available from indie record stores, and details will be forthcoming regarding the availability of the red vinyl.

The single is available on iTunes and several streaming platforms, and the video is on YouTube.

So far, I'm digging this a lot. It's reminiscent of both Last Splash and the Amps side project.

Alan2, Rubberpigg, Hep Alien and 20 others like this.
  2. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

3. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

That was really good. Deal's voice still sounds like it always has. It does sound like it could've been on Last Splash. It also reminds me of 90's era GBV but I have to remember LS came out before I knew of GBV.

4. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Kim Deal is always pretty solid. I liked Mountain Battles, a lot.

5. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

Great!! Got to love Kim Deal!

6. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Nice. But I am beyond fed up with the B-sides games. 3 x 1,500 copies each? :rolleyes: Gimme one CDEP of everything.

7. countingbackward

countingbackward Forum Resident

This is the type of release strategy that gets me to listen on a streaming service. I'll buy the full-length LP when it's available.

8. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Count me in!

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

A 12" EP would have been nice. The Breeders put out some great EPs back in the day.

10. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Here is the best tune from Mountain Battles, for those who may have forgotten it:

Hep Alien likes this.
  11. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yes they did...with some deep cuts...shocker in gloomtown!

12. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Head To Toe rocks like a MF! I love it.

Summerisle and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  13. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

You know one or two of the B sides won't be on it, (if you do buy one of the 7", whichever one you buy, that's the one B side that will be on it), and there will probably be a remix or different version of "Wait In The Car" on it. I am so tired of this, I was tired of it in 1999.

14. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

This makes me happy, as both a Breeders and Papa Nez fan.

The Last Splash reunion concert was one of the best shows I've ever seen so it's exciting to hear them making new music together. This is a good start.

Hep Alien and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  15. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

Mountain Battles was a great CD! Looking forward to the new one.

I like the slow burn of this MB track:

16. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Nice

17. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This is incredible. If anything it could probably be more lo-fi, but this sounds like a lost Last Splash track for sure. Bring on the album!

18. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Regardless of what I wrote above, I'm glad this is out and that they are on tour.

19. Kill Uncle Meat

Kill Uncle Meat Forum Resident

Love the new track!

FLF, aseriesofsneaks and ash1 like this.
  20. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Awesome. Love The Breeders.

21. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident Thread Starter

Realistically, any band that has been around as long as the Breeders will have older fans who aren't interested in digital downloads or streaming and still buy physical media. Making it so difficult for those fans to do so — by both limiting the availability and where the singles can be purchased — makes no sense. It reminds me of the whole debacle with the first new material by the reunited original lineup of Veruca Salt, a 10" RSD release limited to 1000 copies. There's no way that was ever going to meet the demand and it just led to a lot of eBay gouging.

As mentioned upthread, the Head to Toe EP, in particular, was phenomenal. That's what they should have done here, released the new song and the three covers as an EP. At this point, I just hope that when the new album is released, there will be a deluxe version with all of the b-sides included as bonus tracks.

22. briaboy

briaboy Well-Known Member

Great record. What is really annoying about the three 7 inch vinyl releases is that the first one will only be available at the shows on the upcoming tour. Half of the dates (including the one in NYC where I live) sold out even before tickets "officially" went on sale online....how did THAT happen?

23. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

So any news on the new album? They posted on Facebook at the end of last year saying they'd finished recording it.

24. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Been listening to my 4AD Pod vinyl this week - sounds amazing

Man at C&A likes this.
  25. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.