New Classic Alt reissue label: Rubellan Remasters, now open for business!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scott Davies, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident Thread Starter

For those of you who have followed my thread
    Starting my reissue label, it seems to finally be happening
    about the turbulent past year of trying to get my new reissue label up and running, I've decided to start a new thread leaving behind some of that frustration and focusing on the actual releases that are now starting to materialize. Rubellan Remasters will have a focus on obscure and Classic Alternative releases from the 70's and 80's. Here is the first, now available:

First ever official CD reissue of the occult themed classic by Ataraxia titled ‘The Unexplained’. Originally released in 1975, Moog pioneer Mort Garson branches out for a second time into dark and sinister sounds on this highly revered album, displaying a talent for creating eerie soundscapes and beautiful melodies. Officially licensed from Sony Music Entertainment and dynamically remastered from the original master tapes, the clarity provides a listening experience of this masterpiece like never before. The fold out insert on this very limited pressing also reproduces the original album notes.

The CD is available at my label's new official Facebook page, as well as eBay and Discogs, with other sites to follow:
    Rubellan Remasters

You can see a cheesy little promo I whipped up for my YouTube page here:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
    Szeppelin75, painted8, moops and 17 others like this.
  2. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I just ordered this from you here: Ataraxia (2) - The Unexplained

I’m really looking forward to it! I love early electronic music and this sounds right up my alley.

3. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

4. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Forum Resident

ordered !

5. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Congratulations!! Ordered my copy just now from Discogs.

Rupe33 likes this.
  6. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Great late night/lights out "head music." :thumbsup:

Rupe33 and MaestroDavros like this.
  7. Scott Davies

Many thanks to those who ordered. I sent out packages yesterday and this morning. Any remaining will ship on Monday.

Rupe33 and Merrick like this.
  8. Scott Davies

Two upcoming releases just listed on my Facebook business page. Hope to have them in hand in the next couple of months:

9. Music Emporium

Music Emporium Forum Resident

For those of us who are not based in the USA where can we buy your releases?

Marble Index and sound chaser like this.
  10. Scott Davies

Keep your eye on Discogs.com and eBay. There's someone who is going to be getting stock from me that may help fill the overseas void. But it's also a matter of finding out what countries have an interest, as the goal is to avoid using the "worldwide" option because some places are a little sketchy to send to. So it's possible the list of countries chosen may overlook certain safe countries, it may just be a matter of mentioning it and I can pass the info along.

11. Merrick

Some of us don’t have Facebook, can you post the announcements in full here too?

Marble Index likes this.
  12. Scott Davies

lpfreak1170 and Merrick like this.
  13. Merrick

Thanks! Definitely looking forward to SPK.

14. Scott Davies

For anyone not familiar with those artists, here's links to a couple of their music videos on YouTube:

SPK - Machine Age Voodoo

Krisma - Nothing To Do With The Dog
    KRISMA - Nothing To Do With The Dog, 1983

Hi Lizard likes this.
  15. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

You should work out a distribution deal with Sony's The Orchard or Warner's ADA.

16. Scott Davies

I looked at The Orchard but have read that you won't even be considered unless you are making big profits. I suspect ADA may be the same, though I did send an inquiry. Amazon has gotten extremely strict about allowing new music sellers, and I've had to send them a bunch of paperwork from Sony to prove I've purchased my album, but I have yet to hear any final decisions. I've also sent an inquiry to AMPED Distribution as well and just signed up with CDBaby. But in the meantime, if someone has further distribution company suggestions for a lowly startup like myself, feel free to share. It would be nice to get the name out before all the other titles start rolling in. I just got my first full clearance from Universal a couple days ago, so for fans of the Ataraxia album, look for Garson's first similarly themed release under the guise of Lucifer in the coming months.

17. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Nice!

18. Platterpus

Platterpus Forum Resident

I ordered my Ataraxia CD. Thanks Scott! Can't wait for the Lucifer CD to come out as well.

Rupe33 likes this.
  19. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

How about Bandcamp?

Plan9 likes this.
  20. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Check out Distrokid for digital distribution (if you have that option with your licensing). Otherwise, perhaps Revolver/Midheaven for physical distro?

21. Scott Davies

I looked at Bandcamp but I didn't like the monthly fees. I will check out the other that was mentioned. I've not received any responses to my inquires at some of the distributors I attempted to contact so I'll just keep chugging away at it myself for now. I did manage to get over the Amazon hurdles and finally have it listed there. But hey, I managed to sell 23 copies online in this first week, so I guess that's not a bad start for a newbie.

22. Nate-O-Phonic

Nate-O-Phonic Forum Resident

Got Ataraxia the other day via Discogs (speedy shipping, too!) and it sounds fantastic!

1ifbyrain2ifbytrain likes this.
  23. Scott Davies

Great, happy you are enjoying. Much more to come, hopefully.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  24. Scott Davies

I'm very happy to announce the upcoming reissue of another Mort Garson classic album. In 1971, under the guise of 'Lucifer', Garson released his first Occult themed album done entirely on the Moog synthesizer. This reissue will mark the first time the album has been available on CD, and will be packaged similar to the Ataraxia CD I released, meaning it will include the original LP sleeve notes and the label will be a recreation of the original UNI LP label. The master tape was found in the German Universal archive of all places. I just had my first listen to the tape and it is in stellar condition! I hope to have the CD available in the next month or so. I also just built a website this week and hope to have it online very soon.

[​IMG]

25. Scott Davies