New Doors reissues 45rpm Vinyl & SACD (Part 01)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thecrokid, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

What's so special about a box? I have been enjoying these Doors LP's for months now. It's about the music not box's. :confused:

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I bought all six 45 rpm releases as they were being released and I certainly don't miss the box.

3. smctigue

smctigue Forum Resident

Good things come to those who wait.

I hope AP did well with this set. With so many digital - vinyl boxes being released lately, I think it is very important that projects like this be supported by consumers. Bravo to AP for taking this on as I don't believe there is another record label on earth who would have.

4. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

The Doors lp box sourced from digital was realy good but the AAA 45rpm discs are a big step up in SQ. Also a properly mastered SACD is going to be way better than an AF red book CD. It depends how much you love these titles as to whether they are worth the money. The QRP 45rpm are the utimate reissues.

5. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Boy,I was saying myself just the other day-"Why oh why can't we at least have some audiophile remastered Doors albums? I mean- how long have fans been waiting for these? (about 5 minutes)-lol!

6. tomd

tomd Senior Member

laugh :laugh:

7. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

How do you know that the SACD releases are going to be better than the DCC/AF gold CDs? If the mastering is better on the Gold CDs, I am sure they will sound better than the SACDs regardless of the resolution.

8. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Mastering on the LPs is nice...the SACDs will be equally good...

9. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Did anybody else have problems with off-center pressings of the Doors vinyl? I got Soft Parade and the second disc had the hole punched off center. Today, I just received WFTS and the first disc is punched wrong too! I don't typically like to return records, but at 50 bucks, I will probably exchange this.

10. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

All twelve records of the six releases were good that I received.

11. smctigue

smctigue Forum Resident

My Morrison Hotel is off center but inaudible.

12. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Interesting. This WFTS actually has a small label tear from the same record spindle hole too, which kind of bugs me even more . It doesn't seem to be audible. Am I nitpicking??? I'm on the fence about returning it...I'm already getting a replacement for Soft Parade. #thirdworldproblems

13. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

Are the 45 RPM all analog? I just discovered these.

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I guess I'll take my $400 box and see. It's gonna be February, at least, though. Most of what I've heard on these is positive. I agree though, even from QRP/AP, I've had a few pressings that raise my brow. We'll see.

15. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

I'd like to pick up a few of these and I'm wondering if I may be able to pick up originals on some of the titles b/c they're easier to get.

I'm thinking I'll grab The Doors, Strange Days and The Soft Parade (as I dig it) initially. Then I can either pick up the others later or try to pick up the remaining albums in the bins.
    I never seem to see Morrison Hotel in the bins....so maybe I should get the 45 of it. Any thoughts?

16. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Still have my original albums & Perception Box. May order a SACD for a test run.

moss likes this.
  17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

According to Acoustic Sounds website, it looks like the SACDs (and Infinite Box) have been pushed back to March 5th.

18. melkor_morgoth

melkor_morgoth The Real Toe

You've gotta' be kidding me - they were already pushed back... :'(

19. art

art Senior Member

Key-riist.

20. John D.

John D. Senior Member

The vinyl sounds great, glad I'm not waiting on the digital discs. The LP's started coming out in July of 2012. Pre-orders for the sacd's must be way off.

21. melkor_morgoth

The first discs were supposed to be out in December. Then January. Now March? Ugh. I guess I shouldn't expect much from The Doors...

22. Marc 74

Marc 74 Senior Member

Another "Year of The Doors". ;)

23. melkor_morgoth

;)

24. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Sounds like if you want these, you would be better off buying the individual titles on vinyl and skip the box. Waiting could be risky if the original albums sell out. Who knows if the vinyl box and SACDs will ever see the light of day.

25. melkor_morgoth

No adequate vinyl rig for me. Ah well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.