Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rstamberg, Aug 20, 2016.
With UMe manning the ship now, I have faith that the days of the never-ending delays might be over.
All three pre-ordered here, of course.
Is LITTLE DOTS another Synclavier outting, per chance? I noticed they tend to price those less lately ... and rightly so.
We're thinking a 1972 Petite Wazoo live recording.
I'd rather it be a 1972 Petit Wazoo recording. Much rather. But the price point indicates some sort of budget-mindedness is applied to this disc. I hope it sounds better than the previous "from the vault" Petit Wazoo release from a few years back, which wasn't very good in the sound department. I'm trying to remember the title of that disc ... Was it one of the JOE'S something-AGE vault releases?
Joe's Domage was from a rehearsal prior to the recording of Waka/Jawaka and Grand Wazoo. Not very good sound, but I find it tolerable.
Imaginary Diseases was the prior release from the Petit Wazoo shows, from FZ's edits/mixes. It sounds about as good as Just Another Band From L.A. or the 1973 Road Tapes.
That Little Dots is a must have for me. I love the Rollo on Quadriphiliac (sp?) and hope the version here is on par or better.
Does anyone know if Easy Meat has those annoying key sounds in '78 as are present on the Tinseltown rebellion disk? They sound awful.
I'm pretty sure you're like the rest of us here...... you're gonna BUY 'EM ALL!
So the rumours about a
6 CD UM/PO are prolly
just that, right ?
I own the "Kill Ugly Radio" promo CD sets on Ryko, do I need to toss them out?
What is PO?
Keep it. I'm replacing all of the Ryko to UM but I'm keeping the old promo discs.
Are the single edits found here also on other newer discs? I think it's Cosmic and another one.
Project / Object
I don't recall offhand. But I have about 6 or 7 Ryko promo titles. I will not be getting rid of any of them. I think they make a great edition to the UM remaster/reissue collection on the shelf.
Here is the pre-order for "Uncle Meat", $29.98, 3 CD set.
1. Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme
2. The Voice Of Cheese
3. Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution
4. Zolar Czackl
5. Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague
6. The legend Of The Golden Arches
7. Louie Louie (At the Royal Albert Hall in London)
8. The Dog Breath Variations
9. Sleeping In A Jar
10. Our Bizarre Relationship
11. The Uncle Meat Variations
12. Electric Aunt Jemima
13. Prelude To King Kong
14. God Bless America (Live at the Whisky A Go Go)
15. A Pound For A Brown On The Bus
16. Ian Underwood Whips It Out (Live on stage in Copenhagen)
17. Mr. Green Genes
18. We Can Shoot You
19. If We'd All Been Living In California...
20. The Air
21. Project X
22. Cruising For Burgers
23. King Kong (as played by the Mothers in a studio)
24. King Kong (it's magnificence as interpreted by Dom DeWild)
25. King Kong (as Motorhead explains it)
26. King Kong (the Gardner Varieties)
27. King Kong (as played by 3 deranged Good Humor Trucks)
28. King Kong (live on a flat bed diesel in the middle of a race track at a Miami Pop Festival...the Underwood ramifications)
1. Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague
2. The Legend Of The Golden Arches
3. The Voice Of Cheese
4. Whiskey Wah
5. Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution
6. Louie Louie (Live at the Royal Albert Hall in London)
7. The Dog Breath Variations
8. Shoot You Percussion Item
9. The Whip
10. The Uncle Meat Variations
11. King Kong
12. Project X Minus .5
13. A Pound For A Brown On The Bus
14. Electric Aunt Jemima
15. Prelude To King Kong
16. God Bless America (Live at the Whiskey A Go Go)
17. Sleeping In A Jar
18. Cops & Buns
19. Zolar Czakl
1. We Can Not Shoot You
2. Mr. Green Genes
4. Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme
5. Our Bizarre Relationship
6. Later We Can Shoot You
7. If We'd All Been Living In California...
8. 'Ere Ian Whips It/JCB Spits It/Motorhead Rips it
9. The Air
10. Project X .5
11. Cruising For Burgers
12. A Bunch Of Stuff
13. Dog Breath (Single Version - Stereo)
15. The String Quarte
16. Electric Aunt Jemima (Mix Outtake)
17. Exercise 4 Variant
18. Zolar Czackl (Mix Outtake)
19. More Beer!
20. Green Genes Snoop
21. Mr. Green Genes (Mix Outtake)
22. Echo Pie
23. 1/4 Tone Unit
24. Sakuji s March
25. No. 4
26. Prelude To King Kong (Extended Version)
27. Blood Unit
28. My Guitar (Proto I- Excerpt)
29. Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution (Guitar Track, Normal Speed)
30. Uncle Meat (Live at Columbia University 1969)
31. Dog Breath (Instrumental)
32. The Dog Breath Variations (Mix Outtake)
"ZAPPAtite"? My ... how Suzy Creamcheesy ...
ZAPPAtite out tomorrow. Anyone getting this? According to amazon, Dancin Fool and Bobby Brown are live versions. Yellow snow is the single version.
The original Sheik Yerbouti versions were live recordings with studio overdubs, so it's possible Amazon considers them "live versions."
Listened to snippets of this on Spotify. Yes, "Dancin'" and "Bobby" are the Sheik versions, and "Yellow Snow" is the 3:35 single version. Except for "Yellow Snow" it sounds like all tracks are sourced from the 2012 CDs. "T&&ties and Beer" is edited so that after FZ says "ok, that's enough of the devil and his pickle" it segues to "G-Spot Tornado."
Not much of an edit. The whole song is pretty much there. I'm kind of disappointed that they used the ZINY CD version. The version on Läther sounds so much better and is shorter.
As you said, the only unique material is the single version of "Yellow Snow", which many of us got on the RSD single a couple of years ago and/or on Strictly Commercial. The rest are directly from the current CDs. Saves me a purchase.
Any single-disc sampler is inadequate for Frank, but this is certainly a decent one. It flows nicely.
They gave "Zappatite" a OFFICIAL NUMBER!!
Boo, I say....
Official Release #106
ZAPPAtite – Frank Zappa’s Tastiest Tracks | Zappa.com
They gave the Old Masters Boxes official numbers too, years after they were available, so you can see their logic.
Separate names with a comma.