New Here... Quick post of my Audio Note Setup

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by vintageplus, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintageplus

vintageplus Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Was always a Mcintosh guy but got the Audio Note bug really quickly.... Bought an OTO SE and quickly gravitated to the Audio Note Meishu Silver Phono and ANJ/LX Hemp speakers... The sound is purely sublime..

FashionBoy, IanL, forthlin and 4 others like this.
  2. P2CH

P2CH Well-Known Member

Looks like some very detailed gear. In all aspects.

3. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

I'd love to see a picture.

4. Fabrice

Fabrice Active Member

Congratulations for your new Audio-Note system Vintageplus! It seems like a simple but High-End one.
    It's interesting since from a brand aficionados it's not easy to change to another one. Are there some qualities you miss from your McIntosh rig?
    In the same time, do you listen the same music or your taste changed too?

5. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

Congrats nice system so far - try to get the DAC 3.1XII in there somehow. :D

6. vintageplus

Thank you guys. I was having a hard time attaching an image. Anyone that can help me with that? The DAC 3.1XII.... what type of improvements would I see in purchasing one of these?

7. vintageplus

I did not have any Mcintosh tube equipment, so cannot really give you a detailed analysis but much nicer sound than my MA 6600.

8. Pomodori

Pomodori Well-Known Member

Love my AN J/SPe :)

9. Bandoro

Bandoro Well-Known Member

For a long time now I have been looking for my 'forever' amp and have been about to commit to ordering an Oto Phono SE Signature. I have been thoroughly impressed every time I have heard this amp and it just seems so neutral and easy to listen too. Anything further up the line was out of budget so for my own sanity I never listened to anything else. However, I have recently been offered a Meishu Silver Signature Phono from about 2004 for a pretty good price. This has lead me to consider the option.

How would you compare the two? What was the driving force to move from the Oto to the Meishu? Isn't the Meishu more 'valvey', warm, coloured than the Oto with it using the 300B valves?

I would be grateful if you could let me know a little more about your reasons.

10. finn

finn Forum Resident

Are you sure its from 2004 as they were not manufactured until some years later, around 2009-10. Audio Note always write the manufacture date internally as well so maybe check that or get some images of the actual unit and post them to verify authenticity. It used to be much easier to change faceplates and bump the second hand price accordingly.

11. harby

harby Forum Resident

Please don't reply to a pretty old and also pretty obvious shill account that dumps "brand name" and is never heard from again. Same modus operandi as most MQA posters, except they seem to keep at it for a while.

12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I use PostImage, it's very easy to use. Once you figure it out it's a snap:)

13. Bandoro

Who is this addressed to and what exactly are you saying - "shill", "MQA posters"? Thanks for some clarification of your advice!

14. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I think he's saying the OP is just dumping a brand name for advertising?

15. harby

harby Forum Resident

There was an account that almost every day posted a new thread that was just a link to some article about MQA. About two pages got deleted off a thread by mods after I pointed out not only the user was clearly here just to advertise and exploited the forum feature to hide their activity, but also that the forum mods were likely doing nothing because links posted here are monetized by being fed through viglink.com tracking (which is one way to pay for the forum...but doesn't need to be a big secret).

I've seen the same pattern with Audio Note like this thread, where OP here can't even show off that he owns the equipment he is touting when asked.

What is Internet shill? - Definition from WhatIs.com
    Sockpuppet (Internet) - Wikipedia
    /r/Shills • r/shills

16. Bandoro

Thank you for the (now seemingly obvious) advice! I thought I was a bit more savvy than I apparently am.

I won't be expecting a useful answer from the OP then! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.