New Improved Full-Dimensional Record Labels

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Andrew, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

To christen this newest version of our never-ending label adventures, I'll soon be adding the following:

Capitol/EMI early 60s (late 50s?) rainbow w/ globe
    Elektra early 60s
    Fantasy red
    Harmonia Mundi France
    Jugoton from Yugoslavia
    Qualiton from Hungary
    Supraphon blue

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

:goodie:

3. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

4. Grant

I'm getting ready to move a lot of labels in the new label scans section to their final resting place. Most of them have been there for almost a month.

5. Grant

Just added: I fashioned a red People LP label. It's not perfect, but...

6. Virgin U.K. green/red

Looks pretty decent Grant. :thumbsup: Who was on that label?

Just added a Virgin U.K. green/red label w/ and w/out the "45 RPM STEREO".

Thanks to whoever uploaded the original label from an I Level 45. :thumbsup:

(Checked the archives. We do have the reverse label the red/green Virgin U.K. already uploaded)

7. Andrew

Thank you for doing such a good job on my scan. BTW, who is your current avatar, Chris? :love:

8. Grant

It was One of James Brown's family of labels.

9. Yer welcome sir.

Andrew, thanks for noticing the new avatar. That would be the lovely Alison Eastwood. You might have heard of her father, Clint. :)

Currently working on an international version of the late 1970s, early 1980s stock red Columbia label. The label I have is from the Philippines with CBS/Sony, instead of Columbia around the edge. Having a heck of a time recolouring the letters.

On the left, the more familiar Columbia label. On the right is its Philippines counterpart.

Attached Files:

10. Andrew

Now available.

11. Andrew

Just added.

12. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

Just added AK Records. I didn't check to see if one was already there. I don't remember seeing one. My source for the label is off of Dwight Yoakam's "Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc. Etc."

13. Grant

There! I think we just about have the full line of the Elektra family of labels! :righton:

14. telliott

telliott Senior Member

I love the new slideshow feature, especially full screen.

Tim

15. Andrew

On board.

16. Grant

Andrew, take a look at Smugmug. The label isn't coming up.

17. Joe Koz

I just added two myself. They're not coming up!

Anyway, the two I added are the CTI Record label. There was two in the archives, but they were not done very well. The colors were washed out and they were not very good scans. I needed a CTI label for a needle drop I did, so I did one from scratch. One has legalese on it, and the other is the plain label. I think they came out pretty good!

18. Andrew

Fantasy Microgroove (red)

OK, I resubmitted it. Will check the site later to see if it stuck this time.

19. Grant

I did an LP last year that had a label that looked just like the "washed out" ones already up. So I would say it was correct...

20. Joe Koz

Well, Grant...the label I scanned was from George Benson's "White Rabbit" LP. The CTI label on the album was very clear and sharp. I didn't mean to offend anybody, sorry if I did. ;)

21. Grant

Not at all, Joe! No offense was taken! Al, I am saying is that the older ones are also correct. The Emiur Deodato LP I transferred last year had a label that looked like what was previously up.

It's great to have variety! :thumbsup: See, you and I can tweak a label because we have the software and the skill. There are other people who are using those labels that don't have the means or the skill to alter them as they see fit, so variety is very useful for having the labels. I just hope we have the space for all those labels, because some of those finished projects are over 2000 pixels!

22. Joe Koz

Cool...I didn't want to aply anything. ;)

I'm going to start to do some of the London labels. The ones in the archives are not very good, IMO. I don't know if the scans are just bad, or the clean-up of the labels were not very good. I guess what I'm saying is. If anybody that contributes to the smugmug site, can find a better looking label or clean it up better, should go for it! :thumbsup:

23. Grant

Just added: A slightly remastered red Fantasy label

24. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Up a new version of GRT. I have been checking out the bins at Aron's in LA a lot. As some may know they are closing for good in about two months.

This one I saw and thought of the Record Labels, and thought I had seen it up. Went home and checked, and it was not up, it is a different one that is up.

So I blew 1.00 on an LP just for the Gallery! Harder to work on than I originally though it would be. The pressing with that "deep groove" effect, except a black line of vinyl showing through the label and logo on label.

Anyway, I like it and hope you do too.

http://recordlabels.smugmug.com/gallery/39201/1/45986405

password: labels

25. Grant

Believe it or not, I have also throw away money just to get a label in the gallery! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.