New Interconects that I love!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Nebin, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebin

Nebin New Member Thread Starter

Cardas Cables are to die for!!!
    Cardas Neatral Reference Excellent!!!
    Cardas Quadlink 5C Excellent!!!
    Entry Level 300B Microtwin an incredible value!!!
    I tried many cables (not all).....
    Cardas Rules!!!!!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Compared to what?

Your stereo equipment and profile page is totally blank.

3. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Did you try the Grover's Neb? How did they compare to the Cardas?

4. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Nebin,

I have to say that I also love Cardas. I run Golden Reference throughout including power cords. Something about Cardas just gets the midrange just like I hear in the studio.

I stepped up from Neutral Reference which I also liked but found less rich in sonics.

I have yet to try Grover's work.

5. grover

grover Cable Maestro

grover cables

I assure you that your system will dramatically improve replacing the cardas with my $75 interconnect. Give them a try. :)

Grover

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Grover.... perhaps you could charge some of us....

Uhhh, nevermind... ;) Bad thought!

Please consider making speaker cables.... :thumbsup:

7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Is this a thread crap.:D :laugh:

8. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

I agree with your endorsement of Cardas Cables, I own the 300B Microtwins and they are excellent.

Recently, I've purchased a pair of Kimber Hero interconnects with WBT connectors based on a recommendation from Absolute Sound magazine. After burning in the cables for about a week and a half I set about some active listening. I was definitely impressed with the degree of detail and wide sound-staging that these cables provided. The Cardas cables are a bit softer at the frequency extremes but the Kimber seems to offer a bit more detail as compared to the Microtwins.

I'm using the Cardas cables for my Sony ES SACD/DVD player and the Kimber Heros for my Sony X33ES CD player. MIT cables for speakers and Pre to Power Amp

9. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

Re: grover cables

Wow! That's quite the statement. I need to try these. (As soon as I'm done painting and carpeting my new condo, and of course after my wife gives birth to my son in two weeks! So sometime next year I should have the time and money to give them a try!)

10. grover

grover Cable Maestro

grover cables

I've always been amused by the descriptions of the Cardas sound: "The Highs a bit Soft!!" But compared to what? The Kimbers? Well, it matters not as the Kimbers have been history for a while.

Again, try the Grovers and see how good they can sound, for a tenth the price.

11. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

I use Cardas exclusively (except for my very long speaker runs) and really like the type of sound I get from them and haven't felt the need to change.

I guess it's a case of "if you like what you have stick with it".

12. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I have heard their reference line and I wasn't amazed about it, but also not disappointed... it's true, the highs are not "State Of The Art" (IMO). But I think... it also depends on the components.

I have tried and compared a lot of brands before I knew what's good for my stereo gear.

13. Steve Hoffman

Why not try some Grover wire?

It's great!

It's not expensive and there is a money back guarantee.

14. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I would like to try the Grover cables... if Grover offers balanced cables too... what's the price for 3 foot?

How the money back guarentee works for foreign customers?

15. Steve Hoffman

Scroll down.

Press the "CONTACT US" button below and ask.

16. Khorn

You nailed it Claus! I didn't go crazy trying every cable under the sun (it would have taken all my time) I just stopped when I found cables that I liked more than any previous ones and didn't feel the need to change.

Audio is in most cases a "mix & match" type of thing and, what sounds best with some component combinations might not sound as good to you in others. This goes for all equipment including cables.

IMHO it all come down to "SYNERGY". Like a good stew, include the "right" ingredients and it really "comes together".

17. Claus

Claus Senior Member

@Khorn

I know the synergy effect. I also know there are better cables than mine, but I don't care. It makes me nervous when the companies say... XY sounds better than XXY... high end business is the same like music business - they want make $$$!

I also say... all components should be on the same level! That's good for hi-fidelity.

18. Khorn

Very true Claus. There is always "better" everything but nobody can ever be happy if they are always looking for it and not stopping to enjoy what they have.

19. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I do agree 100%... I've left the high end circus a long time ago... I changed my components every year... although I was happy with the sound, but I knew there was something better, so I replaced most of my components with the newer model. That made me sick... now I'm happy... AND only the music counts!

20. grover

grover Cable Maestro

Well, in my humble opinion, many people go about things backwards. Don't pick cables to aid deficiencies in your system. Instead, pick the clearest, most neutral cables so you can hear where you must upgrade your system.

Most cables are hazy, especially copper ones, and nonlinearity is always a severe problem.

Cables should never be looked upon as a method to blend components. They must be clear as glass. Only as a last resort should they be used to modify a weakness.

21. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Well then, my crappy copper 8TC needs to be replaced with Grover Speaker wire!!

22. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Really!?!

By golly - me too! :thumbsup:

Grover....., oh Grover....!!!! :D Are you out there somewhere?

Notice that Nebin's profile still isn't filled out? I wonder if he was serious in his thread-starter post? Or was he just backlashing about the gushing over the Grovers?

Frankly, I have no desire to drop $650.00 on a pair of Cardas Neutral Reference interconnects to test them out. I've spent enough money and effort to realize that the Grovers are just about perfect! :)

23. Khorn

So. according to you, if someone is completely happy with their system, cables and all, they should substitute your cables and, if for some reason they don't like the sound they should run out and buy all new components to "fit" your cables? Is that what you are saying? Makes a hell of a lot of sense that does!

There is no prefect system, there are no perfect components. IMHO EVERYTHING that an electronic signal passes through "alters" it to some degree no matter how minute. If, and just if, you have come up with the world's first component (cable) that is completely neutral and transparent then congratulations 'cause you my friend are going to be a multi-billionaire soon as the highest end manufacturers are going to either include or recommend that your cables be used with their components.

Don't get me wrong, if the above is true I wish you only the best of luck and I'm sure you will be making audio headlines in the future.

As for myself, I'll say it again I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I'VE GOT and, if that bothers you I apologize. I guess in my case anyway, ignorance is bliss eh?

24. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I always use components on the highest level (for my budget)... and I would never use "cheap" or the "most expensive" cables... as I said before... cables or anything else should be neutral as neutral as possible. But if all audio-components would follow this way... they all would sound the same... boring!

My system isn't perfect and I don't think it would sound better, if I would use Grover cables. It would sound different as before... but I don't want judge over Grover cables, but I haven't heard them yet.

25. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

I've come to see the terms "neutral" and "transparent" as audio shibboleths. The use of such terms just clouds the discussion. I totally agree with Khorn--you have to let your own ears and preferences decide the matter. I had intended to try out the Grovers, but ended up keeping what I got.

Luminous Audio Synchestra Signature Reference IC (CU)
    AZ Satori speaker wire (CU)
    Luminous Audio digital

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.