New Interconects that I love!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Nebin, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grover

grover Cable Maestro

I know one thing very clearly: you can not improve upon your ear until you hear something better.

Give my cables a try. If you don't like them, may you be happy with your system for another 20 years.

2. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

3. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

If I had a Kenwood reciever...

...I'd definitely be using your cables.:D I'm not putting down your ICs, I'm just enjoying my system for now. Tell you what though, if you lend me a pair, I promise to give them a fair audition and buy them if they are equal to your bluster. I'll write a review for the 3 forums I frequent.

Edit: Let me expand on that. If I buy the ICs, I will then circulate them among a few mods and members at the two other forums, whom I trust to write a good fair review.

4. Nebin

Nebin New Member Thread Starter

Filled in my profile!!!

In my profile I forgot to add the interconnects made by Wireworld the Eclipse II, Kimber Silver Streak, PBJ, (added to my listing of Straightwire RhapsodyII, EncoreII MIT Terminator II, MIT Digital Reference Cardas Neutral Reference, Quadlink 5-C, Micortwin 300B, Crosslink). Plus many more bought, sold and traded. Most were purchased used for pennies on the dollar. Hope this anwers any et al queries per Steve & Grover.
    Glad you like your cales too!!!
    Thanks for your great replies,
    Keep the music on 24 7 365!!!
    ~~~~~NeBiN~~~~~:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I agree there is no such thing as perfect anything because there isn't. I bought all the audio equipment, etc. I could ever afford for now. I don't want my love of audio to be a circus so I am happy with what I have.

6. grover

grover Cable Maestro

grover cables

Gentlemen, I am a designer of high quality vacuum tube amplifiers. Indeed, please ask Steve Hoffman - he has compared my preamps-amps to all manner of exotic components.

I agree with the statement "there are no perfect components". However, some components are closer to perfect than others. When designing, I blend this and that. The goal is to make the music real.

My interconnects are clean, without any coloration, and they are leaps ahead of any cables out there that I have compared them to. In fact, you might be surprised at the distortion inherent in most cables!

So why live with bad cables if great ones can be had for just $60?

I cannot understand the notion that someone would build a system around (and spend all their dollars first) on cables.

The role of the cable is to transfer the signal as cleanly as possible, without adding flavor of its own. Some people feel this is impossible. Well I know its not, and so do the guys who have my cables. ;)

Oh, and by the way, because something is hideously more expensive does not make it better. :)

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

BTW, welcome to the forum, Grover!

8. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Re: grover cables

Hi Grover,

Obviously, you're spending a lot of time focusing on this thread so maybe this is the best thread to get you to better explain your cables. What are the differences between your MKI and MKII cables? How significant is the difference? Which do you prefer?

Thanks,
    Jeffrey

9. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I also will check the Grover cables as soon as possible... I hope it wasn't a Grover hysteria! I'm very curious now... comparing them against my XLO Signature 2 (still my favorite...)

10. grover

grover Cable Maestro

grover cables

Guys the MkII's are almost identical to the MkI's but there is a slight difference. I am always improving my products. The MkI's are now a very valuable collectors item, they are incredible cables and the MkII's go a step further. I am concentrating on this thread because I love competition especially from those ridiculously expensive cable companies!

Fun is Fun. :)

11. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Allow me to post a pic of the mkII Grovers. I will be ordering more in the near future. :)[​IMG]

12. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Re: Re: New Interconects that I love!!!!!

Ultron9, Ray Kimber used the Kimber Select design to create the Hero cables as a cost effective version of the Select line. I have both Select and Hero in my system and like them a lot - in spite of what Grover thinks about Kimber.

13. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Re: Re: Re: New Interconects that I love!!!!!

I like my Kimber Silver Streaks, too! But the Grovers are so much better... more "natural", I guess....

Alp, do you have any ideas for Grover's sales and marketing.... something that distinguishes them from the "big boys" ...?

I found that sort of tough.... "invisible" is the closest thing that I can come up with.

14. Tony Plachy

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Interconects that I love!!!!!

I first have to check with my employer if helping Grover would be a conflict of interest since I am in the electronics industry, but computers not audio. But Grover needs to come up with a business plan, is he going to sell through the Internet, through retailers, both (like PS audio) or what. Is he ready to submit a sample to a major journal (like Stereophile or TAS) for review. That's a gamble, a rave review would mean everything, but are the cables that good? "Invisible" is an excellent catch phrase, but you need more. Is Steve willing to endorse, and for how much? Taking your hobby or your passion and making it your business means you get to deal with a lot of dirty stuff. That's why I work for a major corporation and enjoy my hobbies.

15. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Well folks, according to a PM I recieved from Grover last week, a pair of his ICs should be arriving any day soon.

16. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

"Instead, pick the clearest, most neutral cables so you can hear where you must upgrade your system."

Wise advice and it applies to many things in audio (and film!).

The only way to constantly know how to upgrade is to strive for the most neutral sound.

17. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

How do you do that? What does neutral sound like? How do you differentiate the characteristics being inputted by the amp, source, cables, and the recording?

18. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

You can't. Hence the cable market ;)

19. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

I believe cables should not make or break your system, the right cable should enhance your system.

Of all the years of fussing around "audiophile" I came to a sense of realism: everyone's hearing are basically the same but with different preferences.

Neutral sounding to one could be boring to another and dynamic sounding to one may be too bright and harsh to another.

A friend of mine recently spend over $80,000 on hifi using tons of expensive ShinMook product(http://www.shunmook.com/text1.htm) that includes NOS Western Electric fabric wrapped housing wires as interconnect and speaker wire is in fact the worse sounding system I've ever encounter and yet he believes he has never heard anything better!

20. Tony Plachy

Mike, You have got it, just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is golden sound in the ear of the listener

21. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

It actually sounds worse than Bose 901s?

22. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

Much worse, Almost AM stereo like...

23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

What a waste of money. He could have purchased a Rockport System Serius III to spin LPs with that much cash!

24. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hey,

Me & my AM/FM McIntosh tube tuner feel insulted. :D

-Jeffrey

25. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

Jeffrey, which Mac turner do you have?
    I was thinking of getting a 65B to match the C20. What do you think about the 65B? I may eventually get a 10B, yet I want so much other stuff first.

I have a Pioneer SX9100 now and like it a lot. I have a Kenwood KT 8007 yet it drifts. (one of these puppies went for $350 on ebay wow!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.