New Law And Order, new C.S.I. series'

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Jerry Bruckheimer/CBS supposedly have a third CSI show in the works for next season (?) C.S.I.: New York.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395843/

I've also heard rumours that Dick Wolf/NBC have plans for yet a fourth Law & Order show. Can anybody shed some light on this? I enjoy all the Law & Order shows and both C.S.I. programs, althought I rarely watch the C.S.I.s due to time management.

I try to catch one or two of the different Law & Order's on weeks when there are new episodes. I most enjoy Law & Order: Special Victims Unit followed closely by the original.

Was sorry to see Stephanie March and Judith Light leave the show this season. I enjoyed both characters ver much. Wonder what Stephanie is up to these days? She hasn't done anything since leaving the show.

Attached Files:

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I'm kind of futilely hoping that NBC will find a way to renew "Ed", but it is becoming increasingly apparent that the only way it will work is if they re-title the show "Law and Order: Stuckeyville". :)

Regards,

3. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

The Friends spinoff will be called "Law & Order: Joey."
    -Craig Kilborn

4. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Saw something just last Sunday in one of those mags that come with the paper, either USA Weekend or Parade, that Stephanie March is engaged to the Chef Bobby Flay (of Food Network fame), and left the show because of that.

5. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

I love CSI. Can't stand David Caruso so I will never watch CSI:Miami unless they kill him off and replace him with ANYBODY!

6. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Guess I'll answer my own question. Seems to be quiet 'round these parts lately.

This Hollywood Reporter article mentions two things. Jerry Orbach is apparently leaving Law And Order after 12 seasons, but may turn up in Dick Wolfe's fourth Law And Order: "Trial By Jury."

"Is it time for the "Law & Order" troops to throw a goodbye party for Briscoe? Sources say "Law & Order" veteran Jerry Orbach will depart Dick Wolf's long-running crime drama at the end of the season after 12 years on the beat as Detective Lennie Briscoe. However, Orbach may still remain in business with Wolf with a role on the upcoming fourth installment of the franchise: "Law & Order: Trial by Jury." As for the flagship series, there is no word yet about a replacement for Orbach, but one scenario involves his character's partner, Detective Ed Green (Jesse L. Martin), being promoted. " 'Law & Order' has a 15-year track record of Dick Wolf never commenting on casting changes during the season," a spokesman for the show said Thursday. Indeed, "Law & Order" has famously weathered many cast changes since it bowed in 1990. At present, Orbach is the longest-serving member of the current "Law & Order" cast members, having signed on during the show's third season in 1992."
    Nellie Andreeva

Did anyone see the Mad TV parody recently? From the folks who brought you Law And Order, Law And Order: "SVU" and Law And Order: "CI" comes a new series, Law And Order: "G A Y". "TV critics say it's better than C.S.I. San Fransisco." :laugh: A couple of seasons back, SNL also did a parody. IIRC, it was called Law And Order: "Parking Meter Attendants" or something. :laugh:

7. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

The Rocky Mountain News just reported that Gary Sinise has signed on to head the cast of CSI: NY.

8. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

I have followed the two CSI series from their debut's but I find I am less and less interested in them now. The charcaters seem so lifeless and cardboard to me. I'm not saying that the acting is substandard, but I think that the writers are wasting the talent of the cast.

9. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.