2013 MFSL Listings (2013 MusicDirect Catalog)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by evad, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enocaster

enocaster Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice the pix of Weezer's Pinkerton and Pixies' Trompe Le Monde with the MFSL banner along the top of the cover? There were actually a bunch more like this (half the Weezer catalog, actually) - Photoshop-fueled wishful thinking?

2. The Weezer titles are legit Mofi releases.

3. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Me too. It must have been close to a year ago that I pre-ordered a bunch of Miles Davis LPs that have yet to see the light of day.

Oh, and The Band is also being released as part of the Silver Series.

4. enocaster

enocaster Well-Known Member

I know about the 2 already in print, but they pictured Pinkerton, Weezer (Green album), and Make Believe with the MFSL banner. I'd very much like to get Pinkerton!

ALSO - it seems MFSL titles are never discounted beyond the normal 10-11% off sales at E. Disc/SsDirect. Do these ever get cheaper?

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Pretty pumped about the added Dylan titles and the Hall and Oates stuff.

6. MTP20

MTP20 Forum Resident

Here's hoping they don't skip over Weezer "Maladroit"

7. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

Excited about those Sinatra titles. Though I remember how long we had to wait for the Cars Candy-O so I won't get too excited yet. But why did they skip over EC's Trust album?

8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It is awful, I agree someone should do something with it. But why did BGO skip over it, I was assuming they could not get the rights. Hopefully I am wrong. BGO is doing Quinella in 2013, you would think that they would have tackled Champagne Jam ahead of the switch to CBS titles.

9. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

No female artists worthy of the MoFi treatment?

10. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

The Silver Label Series is all standard weight vinyl. They either can't get a hold of the original master tapes or in the newer titles instances it is a digital recording. Hence the cheaper price at $22.99. Myself, I've been waiting on that Raspberries album for a whole year. Really stoked about the Hall & Oates 'Voices LP. MoFi has already done that one on a gold CD. They will probably do vinyl and a sacd. I'm still puzzled why they have skipped Elvis Costello's Trust album. That one is my favorite and I'd be first in line for that.

11. conception

conception Forum Resident

That album could sorely, sorely use a Tom Lord Alge-free remaster. The Green Album as well, but even with the brickwalling that album has more warmth just to the nature of the sounds used than the hard rock of Maladroit.

12. ncblue

ncblue Well-Known Member

Love is Hell, hell yeah!

13. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

I'm probably in for Judas Priest-'Stained Class' My original Columbia is not in the greatest shape, so I need an upgrade copy.

14. nesyarug

nesyarug Forum Resident

Same here, but only on SACD.

*wishes for entire APP catalog on SACD*

15. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

MOV is always from digital masters; mostly decent, but never from the analog masters....

Myke likes this.
  16. Sander

Sander Senior Member

Hall & Oates and the Allman Bros. are definitely on my list! To bad that Santana III looks te be a vinyl only release, as I would really like to have that one on SACD or Gold CD.

The Allman Bros. titles have been announced as SACD's and will include the Allman Bros. S/T.

I really hope that the Hall & Oates titles will be on SACD as well. If not, I will probably pass on Voices as I doubt that Mofi will be able to improve much on the more than excellent UDCD 530 release.

17. Sander

Sander Senior Member

The same actually applies for The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot; the MFSL silver CD (MFCD 804) will be very hard to beat.

18. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Frank Sinatra, Alan Parsons Project and a few Dylan are great titles, but all others are odd. Barry Manilow... what nxt?

19. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I think so... the MFSL silver sounds amazing.

20. orchidze

orchidze Forum Resident

"Love is Hell" (SACD or CD) please...
    Current CD is compressed and we don't have any alternatives

21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I am looking forward to Elvis' King of America, and hope it sounds good. Before the Flood is a good Dylan choice. The other Dylans are of little interest to me unless they are 45 rpm vinyl, in which case, I might have to bite.

22. erikolsson

erikolsson Member

I Robot - that's great! :) Was hoping for more Yes, though. But, the catalogue most in need for audiofile reissues, I think is Genesis', there's lot's of their albums that doesn't have any good CD-releases yet! It's a crime! Steve???

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours, Songs For Swingin' Lovers, Come Fly With Me, Point of no Return, A Swingin' Affair

:pineapple:

24. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Because these discs, these discs are on your list...because these discs, these discs you can't resist!...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

25. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Not bad - now I have that damn tune in my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.