DCC Archive New Mirror Spock Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RetroSmith, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

I just got an Email from Mirror Spock.

He has two new releases now available-

"Meet The Beatles" and "The Beatles Second Album".

In his email he makes a point to say that these are the Capitol Versions. MY question is, I sure hope he didnt use the "rechanelled" versions of "ISHST" and "This Boy"...or for that matter ANYTHING. I cant imagine one would spend time and trouble to remaster rechanneled stuff, especially since anything that was Rechanelled on that LP has been released in true stereo since.

I DO like the sound of the Capitol versions though. It really does sound the way I'm used to hearing The Beatles.

I have a soft spot for Meet The Beatles, I admit. It was the first LP I ever bought.
    Cost me all of 3.99 at Woolworths (now a huge hardware store).

Mikey

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The "BEAT" series took care of this in completeness to the USA Capitol sound. Wonder why he's picking THAT to do, as it's been done quite well a few times, done very well on the 'BEAT's.

3. Douglas

Douglas New Member

MS and Ebbetts stuff are both better than the Beat series. Unlike the FSL discs, MS doesn't use compression. I haven't A/B'd his and Ebbetts yet, but just from listening to them they sound comperable.

4. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

No doubt this post will be considered heresy... but if someone is going to boot the Capitol stuff, then it should be 100% accurate. Rechanneled stereo, mojo reverb and everything. Otherwise, might as well use the Parlophone mixes (which ain't the way it was back in the day, right?). Gotta have those cool rainbow labels too!

5. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Heresy, no way, Andrew.

I'll proudly state that I LOVE the Capitol versions....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.