New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I'm kind of with the same-o, same-o crowd. While I'll buy BOTW, I'd rather see a title which really NEEDS to see the light of day in an audiophile edition.

Not anyone, of course, will love this choice - I'm just throwing this out off the top of my head - but Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick; The Beatles Abbey Road; Duke Ellington Anatomy Of A Murder; Original Broadway Cast of A Little Night Music.

Some will sell more than others, but if they really want to do a service to the annals of recorded music, they'll get more ambitious.

Doc Young and dkurtis like this.
  2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Nobody's making you buy them! Probably won't come out until 12 months time. This one has been done to death at hi-fi dems.

3. I would love to see more adventurous titles as well - however, I suspect the difficulty lies within licensing, background details, etc. The end users probably are not privy to the processes used to get these titles released so I cannot even imagine how tough (and costly) it may be for the company. I try to balance my purchases with more unique titles and some of the old “same old” titles, if not already in my collection. And it makes us all more excited to see some unique titles when they do get announced, right!?

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

But....You will!:p

The 45rpm SRV's are really great. Perhaps the one step will be better, but not by much.

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

JamesRR likes this.
  6. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Analogue Productions and MFSL will soon be stepping all over each other on released and upcoming titles.

PhantomStranger and MikeJedi like this.
  7. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

S&G in mono pleeeeeeeze.

MartinR and ponkine like this.
  8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

They already are...

Joti Cover, davers and MikeJedi like this.
  9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Same odds as me winning the lottery (twice).

YOSO likes this.
  10. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Darn shame. Like Sgt. Pepper and Buffalo Springfield Again, the mono versions trounce the stereo mixes handily.

11. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

This is pretty much what every Audiophile label has done. Their catalogs are disturbingly identical.

12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Yeah, I think I’m able to figure that out. Please drop the attitude.

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

You missed nothing, they are still in the pipeline, someone here sent an email or phoned and got a response and it was posted here somewhere.
    I have the same titles on pre-order and am optimistic they will eventually get to me. Enough with the positive vibes, back to our regular scheduled program.

trumpetplayer likes this.
  14. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

It all feels a bit underwhelming to me. Three new one steps one of which we already new and 4 other new titles (miles x 2 oh mercy and parsley sage).

It that it surely there are some more!!

15. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the same ol' titles as well. I won't buy them because I'm just bored of rebuying the same titles over and over. If they want to go with the old warhorses, I wonder why they don't try a title like Steely Dan's Two Against Nature. Very rare on vinyl (only a European release) and I thought I read that it was an analog recording. Back On Top or Born To Sing by Van Morrison would be cool titles as well.

HappyFunMiles likes this.
  16. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Having said that I will buy all 7! It is truly a sickness

17. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure you just called Miles Davis musically uninteresting and unsatisfying... :tsk:

ssmith3046 likes this.
  18. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

How about Pink Floyd DSOTM on SACD again??? Oh wait....!

agn, ponkine, klockwerk and 1 other person like this.
  19. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Oh Mercy I would picking that one up....Its one of my favorite recordings from the 80s.

20. rbp

rbp Forum Resident

Remember the long gone days when vinyl releases sold in the millions. These extremely small audiophile releases of around 5000 copies or less often take ages to sell out despite having world wide access with the internet. Quite frankly I am amazed that these companies can make a go of it with the small number of titles released each year, the small quantity of each release and the repetitive release of some titles. I am at the stage now where I only buy a title of interest if I do not have it or it is a significant improvement on what I already have. I get the impression that the audiophile market is shrinking.

MikeJedi and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  21. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Pub quiz, first question: from which year is the youngest album of the coming MFSL albums?

Pub quiz, second question: no great other albums after that year, begging for an audiophile release?

:sigh:

22. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

If I were king:

new law: no album/CD could be on an audiophile label if it's been on one before.

ponkine likes this.
  23. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

That one was digital. They went back to analog with Everything Must Go.

24. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

AP certainly don't make money on some titles after they pay for original tapes I believe, but it is a labour of love. Since the audiophile labels are part of a larger company in the case of AP and MFSL this won't break them.

ggjjr and rbp like this.
  25. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Delighted to see Oh Mercy on the way. Time Out of Mind and Tempest would be great too...

Joti Cover, Adamski777, art and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.