New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Sorry for sharing!

Tommyboy likes this.
  2. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

I have to agree, very strongly (and it's nothing against you Gabe Walters - not shooting the messenger, definitely, please know that - selfishly, I'm very glad you posted here).

It's just that it appears you have to know or read a post by someone with inside information to find out these are available for preorder at the moment - that's simply nuts.

If these were standard releases, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but they're not - these are VERY limited and VERY sought after and once they go out of print they cost a fortune on the secondary market. So I think it is just ridiculous how this is being done. Why not give everyone a fair chance by actually announcing when the product can be preorderd?

Finding out this way will probably help me - but I sure feel sorry for fans of these titles/groups who would be interested in buying these, but happen to have better things to do than haunt the SH Forums like all of us!

3. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

It breaks my heart that Spirit cannot get a top-shelf presentation. Their recordings deserve better.

4. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Are you referring to vinyl, CD, or both?

George P likes this.
  5. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Music Direct is taking pre-orders by phone for all one-step releases for the next three years. That includes the two unannounced titles. I doubt that they will commit to a price three years out, but it does give you a place in line for the next six titles. They are still not taking pre-orders for the Analogue Productions Hendrix UHQR.

Tommyboy and Joti Cover like this.
  6. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

7. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

8. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I noticed that the recent MFSL James Gang vinyl is back ordered on Music Direct's site and only one is listed for sale on Discogs. While I know that it is limited to 4000 pressed, is it possible that it has become that scarce or is it waiting for another batch to be pressed by MFSL? I seriously question that this title is nearing 4000 sold.

9. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Can I just check that I have not missed any new vinyl titles for 2018 as Music Direct wont send me a catalog as I am outside of the US!

So my understanding is as follows:

Standard MFSL titles:
    Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy
    Bob Dylan - Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid OST
    Miles Davis - Miles Smiles
    Miles Davis - Porgy & Bess
    Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley Sage Rosemary...

One Steps:
    Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water - (on their site ready for preorder)
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand The Weather (not in catalog but happening)
    Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz
    Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks (not in catalog but happening)
    Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (not in catalog but happening)

Am I missing anything?

Many thanks.

Joti Cover likes this.
  10. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

The Dire Straits ones are not coming?

11. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

The Dire Straits SACD/LPs are supposedly still coming as soon as MK greenlights them.

12. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

It will be back in stock ...You're right, there is no way that title has sold out so soon

13. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

These were announced in the 2017 Music Direct catalog this time last year!

Dan Steele likes this.
  14. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Unless you're wanting to buy the uhqr Hendrix from music direct, they are up for preorder on acoustic sounds.

15. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Doesn’t AF count as top shelf?:cheers:

Joseph, ssmith3046 and full moon like this.
  16. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

So Mark is the one holding them up? I'm actually ok with that if he's being picky.

17. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member Thread Starter

Just wish they were also doing "On Every Street" to complete the studio catalog.

Carlox and sennj like this.
  18. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Can I have a quiet word.................

WHERE IS RUMOR & SIGH ON SACD ????????? :rant::mudscrying:

There, I feel better for that...........

Joti Cover, Subvet and Dok like this.
  19. Satchidananda

Satchidananda Forum Resident

I must have missed this discussion. How do we know these are happening??

20. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Brothers In Arms came out in a reasonable time frame, I wonder what the issue would be?

21. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Dennis, I believe he's referring to the cancellation of the 12 Dreams SACD.

22. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

You can call Music Direct and preorder them. Their reps have been freely telling people who call that they are coming, and they are now accepting preorders by phone.

hardknox, Satchidananda and Jellis77 like this.
  23. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

12 Dreams is on my top 10 albums list. I would purchase it in any improved format. I do have the original MFSL aluminum release from 1988, original yellow Epic release and the 1979 US reissue. I sold my 1970 UK pressing because it lost the shoot-outs on my system*. Recent reissues have not been an improvement over the releases I own. I am always looking for a better mastering, but as with most searches for 'the best', you listen to a lot of dogs before finding the pony. I believe that Music Direct/MFSL would have been the best candidate to find magic.

*As a side note: I find that many UK pressings of US bands fall short in shoot-outs with the original US pressings. The reverse is almost always true.

24. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Thank you, I missed that. Is Acoustic Sounds taking the preorder for the vinyl release also?

25. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.