New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds has this in stock today and didn't indicate limited stock as of yet.

2. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Boy, I can't say I'm overly intrigued by much on those lists. Possibly Blood On The Tracks. The Stevie Rays might be tempting but the AP 45 rpms are probably enough for me. Maybe I'll save some money on MoFi releases next year.

3. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Not that anyone gives a rat's patootie, but just got the shipping notice for Linda Ronstadt's Heart Like A Wheel LP. Ordered a year ago. 'Bout time.

Rickchick and Joti Cover like this.
  4. Joti Cover

Glad it finally arrived. Let us know how you like it....

5. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

This is a foolish question, I'm sure, but I was looking at the high prices on Sinatra's Only the Lonely SACD and wondering whether MFSL ever reissues such things or whether (as I expect) sold out is basically sold out for the foreseeable future.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Can't find an SACD, just this 2008 Gold Disc : Frank Sinatra - Frank Sinatra Sings For Only The Lonely

7. Rob Hughes

Myke likes this.
  8. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

The MFSL Sinatra SACD series and its demise was discussed in a dedicated thread here. The owners of the recordings withdrew the licence and allowed MFSL only to release the SACDs that had already been finished. MFSL most likely won't be allowed to reissue anything.

Bender Rodriguez, Kyhl and Rob Hughes like this.
  9. Rob Hughes

Ah. Thanks for the heads-up! Shame, though -- those Sinatra SACDs sound pretty sweet. I'd love another half dozen of them to more or less complete the Capitol years...

I guess, though, there are plenty of other titles to investigate. Probably those Miles Davis discs next...

Joti Cover likes this.
  10. Joti Cover

MFSL's vinyl version of Heart Like A Wheel is now available for shipping

11. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

See post 1203...cant wait to get mine

Joti Cover likes this.
  12. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Cant wait for the Dire Straits MFSL titles announced in Dec 2016, so exciting, baited breath, zzzzzzzzzzzz :wantsome:

Carlox, ti-triodes and Rolltide like this.
  13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah, we're well over a year, right now. I guess the reason for the delay is because of the latest box sets. Obviously, the box sets are getting priority. This could mean an even longer waiting time, probably another one or two years.

14. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

Ugh, i was really looking forward to these. Especially the first album, an all-time classic.

jgrillo likes this.
  15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I don't know why they continue to announce release dates that are almost always laughingly way off. Don't see the point of it. It's not like another label will jump in ahead of them.

ggjjr and Paully like this.
  16. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

It's a good question why MOFI continues to announce new titles then have them delayed for so long. In a way it causes people to lose faith in the label. I can't imagine the amount emails both MOFI and Music Direct get on titles that were long ago released. That alone would make one think they'd stop doing it. But it appears that's not the case.

Dan Steele, ggjjr and Jrr like this.
  17. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Preorders, most likely.

18. Nrochie4184

There's very little to get excited about from Mofi this year. Some of the One Steps are interesting, but overall a very underwhelming lineup. If only one of these companies would step out of their comfort zone a bit more and do some 90's albums (No, not Train). The audiophile market has changed and they haven't caught up.

19. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

That still hasn't been released? I canceled my pre-order last Autumn, I don't like things to be up in the air for that long.

20. teag

teag Forum Resident

I get the point for sure. MOFI never really announces a date though, they usually say it's coming or TBA. And then a year or two or three go by.....

Tommyboy likes this.
  21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Isn't this latest box set a re-issue of a box set from a few years ago?

The Dire Straits The Studio Albums 1978-1991 8LP-Elusive Disc

22. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

A bunch of Matther Sweet titles (with bonus tracks) have been announced over at the Intervention Records thread:

New Record Label: Intervention Records

Kyhl likes this.
  23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Vinyl only!
    Great.

24. Nrochie4184

Yes, I saw that exciting news. I don't want to send the wrong message, I'm very appreciative of what they do. I just wish we'd see some more "off the wall" titles. Something that feels a bit more exclusive.

jhm likes this.
  25. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Most of his titles have come out on SACD as well, but it sometimes depends on the sales of the vinyl. For what it's worth, I'm not a vinyl guy either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.