New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Luckily I'm not a major fan of this album (I only have three variants of this title) ;)

Mr. Explorer and George P like this.
  2. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Blood On the Tracks was not on the MFSL release list when I called about 4 months ago. Everything down to What's Going On was though. This is the first time I have have seen any reference to that title being a One-Step release. Blood On the Tracks has been inserted into their plans recently. The number of 3000 to be pressed is equally interesting in light of their increasing limit numbers on each consecutive title.

3. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I ordered it in mid-December. And I wouldn't give any weight to that site that says it's limited to 3,000. It still hasn't been officially announced, and like you say, they've been pressing more copies.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

5. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Chicken Skin Music is another really well done MoFi title. I would buy more titles if MoFi decides to do them. In fact, I just ordered A Meeting By The River. That one’s AP though. Sorry to bring that up in a MoFi thread.

6. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

I seriously wonder how many of these titles are going to materialize. I'm thrilled that Supertramp just got released. But I wonder if all of the Dire Straights titles and Rickie Lee Jones are going to be still-born.

I sure hope that these don't suffer the same fate as "The Dude" seems to have from AF.

7. Chicken Skin Music is on the way to me. Their Boomers Story is also fantastic

art and George P like this.
  8. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I was really looking forward to the Rickie Lee Jones, but if it doesn't come out I can live with my target cd which sounds quite good. I'm not as big a fan of Dire Straits, but again my early cd pressings of Making Movies and Love Over Gold are acceptable to me. Would still buy them again if Mofi does them though!

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

All three Cooder titles are fantastic. Hoping for more (before they fold). :whistle:

10. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

EDIT: After posting an update below, I realized that Rickie Lee Jones SACD seems to have disappeared as a pre-order from Musicdirect.com. If someone finds the link, let me know!

Thanks @Tommyboy for the reminder about my previous post. Here's an update, as best I can tell:

MFSL/MoFi has released all catalog numbers for SACDs, in sequential order starting with UDSACD 2002 (Patricia Barber Cafe Blue) through UDSACD 2195 (The James Gang Rides Again), with the following exceptions:

• UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2105 [UDSACD-2105 previously had been announced as Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours, but has since disappeared from MusicDirect.com]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2108 [UDSACD-2108 previously had been announced as Frank Sinatra Come Fly With Me, but has since disappeared from MusicDirect.com]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2118 [UDSACD-2118 previously had been announced as Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones, but has since disappeared from Musicdirect.com; before that, UDSACD-2118 previously had been announced as Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2169
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2182
    • Dire Straits - Dire Straits (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2184 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Communique` (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2185 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Making Movies (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2186 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2187 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2194 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    Others may be hidden from my search efforts, but it seems one additional pre-order SACD title has been announced and added to Musicdirect.com, since my last post in November:
    • Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Numbered Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2199 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    So as far as I can tell, in the last 6 months, MFSL has released four SACDs, has removed a previously-announced SACD from Musicdirect.com, and has announced one additional SACD, for a net total of 6 SACDs available for pre-order.

Also, as a reminder, the newest MD catalog I have (from last November) doesn't list the catalog numbers of the five new SACD titles we weren't previously aware of, and I still can't find any trace of them on Musicdirect.com for pre-ordering:
    • Train - Drops Of Jupiter
    • Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess
    • Miles Davis - Miles Smiles
    • Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy
    • Bob Dylan - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid

Craig.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Same difference

12. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I agree. I had never heard any Cooder solo music before but I bought all three of the SACDs and they are superb in both material and sound quality!

Sneaky Pete and George P like this.
  13. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

I've pre-ordered some of these and looking at my invoice on music direct.com it appears the corresponding catalog numbers for these are:

• Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess CMFSA2200
    • Miles Davis - Miles Smiles CMFSA2201
    • Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy CMFSA2203
    (Sorry, not interested in the Train album and didn't realize that Pat Garrett had been announced. Will have to add that one to my next set of pre-orders.)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Anyone know if these DS Titles actually be ordered on MusicDirect.com using the 20% Discount this weekend that will still be applied when/if they get released?

George P likes this.
  15. I pre ordered three MFSL Ry Cooder albums in Nov 2016. The third one was just released a week ago and just shipped to me. The 25% discount that I used back in ‘16 still applied.

16. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Thanks Mazzy
    Maybe, I will just order them, but need to check out those albums tonight/tomorrow on YouTube to see if I like any or all of them. I do own the Best of CD(Money for Nothing Subtitle) that includes a Live version of 'Telegraph Road', so familiar with some of their better known songs, but just not the entire albums.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

The Sinatra titles were removed because Universal, who own the Sinatra Capitol and Reprise catalogues, revoked the license

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I wonder if we'll ever get these (and not "TBA" forever)

[​IMG]

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks for that information! Can you please check to see if you can find the product page URLs and share those with us, so the rest of us can pre-order those titles?

EDIT: I'm not sure looking at invoices of pre-orders on musicdirect.com is any encouragement that these titles will still be released eventually.

For example, I pre-ordered Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2118 on December 22, 2016, along with a bunch of other titles, including Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2194. All titles in that invoice have been fulfilled except the Richard Thompson and Rickie Lee Jones. However, the Thompson SACD can still be found on musicdirect.com via search, while the Jones SACD can't seem to be located via search anymore. Indication that there's still hope for the Thompson SACD, but no hope left for the Jones SACD? Or a simple database issue and both are still imminent?

Craig.

20. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

AFAIK those product pages don’t exist. I also have the next several one-step releases on the same invoice and those are not up on the website. I would assume that the invoicing system is tied to a database outside of the website since it is common to have these releases on invoices that are nowhere to be found on the ecommerce site.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Nope, no chance in hell. Well actually one is available already so they are batting .200

22. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

That’s a shame. Guess they put out their own crappy versions.

23. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Those two are not the only Sinatra SACDs MFSL had to withdraw because Universal revoked the licenses. There's a huge thread about this, with member @Bob F and moderator @MLutthans as regular contributors.

Tommyboy and Metralla like this.
  24. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The reason The Dude SACD wasn't released was more to do with AF going out of business than anything else IMO. MOFI it appears is not in that situation. Hopefully the Dire Straits and Rickie Lee Jones SACDs will be released in the near future.

Mr. Explorer and art like this.
  25. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.