New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

MFSL vinyl pressings have not been known to reproduce or create many booklets. They did recreate the Woodstock book that was given away at Woodstock. That was a superb effort that was mailed to anyone who sent in the coupon in their Woodstock vinyl and CD sets. That recreation was a masterpiece.

2. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Bumpity-bump !!!................ :help:

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

@Dennis Metz - could you please help answer my friend from the Mother Country here ? :help:

Isamet and Dennis Metz like this.
  4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

You are correct. There is no booklet with Paradise and Lunch. :cheers:

Myke likes this.
  5. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Thank you, MYKE and Dennis :D :D Best wishes from Warsaw :wave:

Dennis Metz and Myke like this.
  6. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

Hoping Music Direct will run a 20% off coupon on the 4th of July. What are the odds of this?

7. Myke

I would think very good.

SOONERFAN likes this.
  8. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

….. and on Queen Elizabeth's birthday too !! :D

SOONERFAN likes this.
  9. Myke

15% just announced, sorry.

SOONERFAN likes this.
  10. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

Order placed.

11. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Rickie Lee Jones SACD officially cancelled according to Music Direct. Email received just a few minutes ago:

Here's an update, as best I can tell:

MFSL/MoFi has released all catalog numbers for SACDs, in sequential order starting with UDSACD 2002 (Patricia Barber Cafe Blue) through UDSACD 2195 (The James Gang Rides Again), with the following exceptions:

• UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2105 [UDSACD-2105 previously had been announced as Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours, but has since disappeared from MusicDirect.com]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2108 [UDSACD-2108 previously had been announced as Frank Sinatra Come Fly With Me, but has since disappeared from MusicDirect.com]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2169
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2182
    • Dire Straits - Dire Straits (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2184 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Communique` (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2185 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Making Movies (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2186 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2187 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Numbered Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2199 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]

So as far as I can tell, in the last 8+ months, MFSL has released five SACDs, has removed a previously-announced SACD from Musicdirect.com, and has announced one additional SACD, for a net total of 5 SACDs available for pre-order.

Also, as a reminder, the newest MD catalog I have (from last November) doesn't list the catalog numbers of the five new SACD titles we weren't previously aware of, and I still can't find any trace of them on Musicdirect.com for pre-ordering:
    • Train - Drops Of Jupiter
    • Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess
    • Miles Davis - Miles Smiles
    • Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy
    • Bob Dylan - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
    Craig.

12. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Universal, who currently own the Sinatra catalogue, revoked the licenses for the above Sinatra SACDs, that's why they weren't released by MFSL.

13. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I hope not, but it sure smells like fate around the not too distant corner.

George P likes this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I might be wrong but it's a positive sign to see that the Dire Straits MOFI SACDs have been issued catalog numbers. Fingers crossed.

Mr. Explorer and SOONERFAN like this.
  15. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

They’ve had catalog numbers since they were announced and they started taking pre-orders. Unfortunately, the catalog numbers are not a sign of progress.

Cassius likes this.
  16. Didn't all those Dire Straits' albums get SHM-SACDs?

17. Musicisthebest

Musicisthebest Exiled Yorkshireman

They did. I own the Making Movies SACD. I wouldn't recommend it as it has a harsh treble. I find the original European CD to sound far more natural.

18. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Here's an update on what's upcoming for MFSL/MoFi SACDs, as best I can tell:

MFSL/MoFi has released all catalog numbers for SACDs, in sequential order starting with UDSACD 2002 (Patricia Barber Cafe Blue), with the following exceptions:
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2105 [UDSACD-2105 previously had been announced as Frank Sinatra In the Wee Small Hours, but has since disappeared from MusicDirect.com]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2108 [UDSACD-2108 previously had been announced as Frank Sinatra Come Fly With Me, but has since disappeared from MusicDirect.com]
    • UNKNOWN TITLE CMFSA2169

The following titles have been announced, and are known to have catalog numbers reserved, but have not been released yet, as of this writing:
    • Dire Straits - Dire Straits (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2184 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Communique` (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2185 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Making Movies (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2186 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2187 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (Numbered Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2199 [shows as "TBA" on MusicDirect.com]
    • Curtis Mayfield - Superfly (Numbered Edition Hybrid SACD) CMFSA2204 [appears for pre-order at Musicdirect.com as of Thursday July 19th 2018]
    • Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess UDSACD 2200 [not currently available via search at Musicdirect.com to pre-order]
    • Miles Davis - Miles Smiles UDSACD 2201 [not currently available via search at Musicdirect.com to pre-order]
    • Bob Dylan - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid UDSACD 2202 [not currently available via search at Musicdirect.com to pre-order]
    • Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy UDSACD 2203 [not currently available via search at Musicdirect.com to pre-order]

I am not aware of the catalog number for the following, though it was announced in Music Direct's November 2017 print catalog:
    • Train - Drops Of Jupiter

I appreciate the thread at MFSL - Who Mastered Each CD/SACD Release?* for helping provide some of the information I've compiled above.

Craig.

19. Crawlin From The Wreckage

Crawlin From The Wreckage Custom Titled

Really? Hot damn. I'm in. :righton:

jhm and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  20. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I see that Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme is shipping this week...

21. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

The LP?

22. Rob Hughes

My apologies. I was looking specifically at the SACD Hybrid at Music Direct. Music Direct reports the item as currently in stock and shipping on Monday.

c-eling likes this.
  23. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Thanks Rob for the update, ordered. Figured I'd finish off my MFSL Pixies while Trompe was on sale as well

24. Rob Hughes

I'm sure I'll order too, but this season has been so rich in offerings that I'm scrambling at this point to find spare change under my couch cushions. I think I'll wait for a sale and pick it up together with a few other items of similar interest to me.

Though if response here is positive enough, I may crack early. Ya never know! :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    c-eling likes this.
  25. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

:laugh:
    I hear ya, I only have three mastering's of this title for comparison so it should be fun.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.