New Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by maccafan, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

That was terrific - thanks, maccafan!

2. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Definitely buying their album! Thanks for posting.

3. Rad Dudeski

Rad Dudeski Forum Resident

This band was mentioned here before and thanks to whoever it was who brought them to my attention!

4. Gugaz

Gugaz Forum Resident

WOW!!!

5. techyfan

techyfan Forum Resident

What a find! Thank you!

Sure, I love re-hashing YES and Genesis as they spin on the platter. but, like the OP, really my interest is finding new great music that I actually like 'cause, you know, spice of life and all. To my surprise, it's turning out that my tastes for new music have changed in 40 years. Things I would have never given two minutes in my teens is now what my ear really enjoys discovering - things melodic and well composed, simple yet engaging, with technicality yet infused with feeling. And this stuff, Lake Street Drive - super. so I delved into them a bit. That singer - wow - what a voice. Particularly impressive was this video of her, as the title says, absolutely nailing a primo recording of a tune in a single take. Maybe that's the common thread from my old tastes - appreciation for exceptional talent.

mrjinks likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

That track - that very recording - is available on a 45 from their website. Highly recommended.
    Another band that maccafan introduced me to from this thread, with a recording he might enjoy:

7. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

Thinking about buying the lp of these guys.....

8. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I have two albums and an EP by Vintage Trouble and they are a very dynamic group.

9. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Myron & The Works is an album I would heavily recommend though the album is now 10 years old.

10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Oh, I hope it was me! :wiggle: Is that or is it not the most badass reason to have a synth player in the 21st Century thus far?

Rad Dudeski likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.