New Noel Gallagher album in 2017, "Who Built the Moon"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Haristar, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Liam wasn't a Tap fan.:laugh:

2. alexpop

No comments about Liam's single
    Wall Of Glass ...yet ?

3. Noel turning 50 makes me feel old.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. alexpop

He looks the same age as Bill Wyman was when he joined The Rolling Stones 30 going on 49. :)

5. alexpop

I really rate both NG albums.
    Emphasis on his first for better production.

6. alexpop

It just occurred to me the six months wait. Advanced sales/ordering. That could only explain it.

7. SebUK

SebUK Forum Resident

I think that's part of it, but also planning arund other releases in a tight demographic - if there is to be a new Stone roses album surely it must come out to capitalise on the summer gigs (poss even a surprise release in the next week or two if they intend to feature new songs in the live set) , then there's Liam's solo debut to take into account too.

Gone are the days when Weller releases and many others used to be same week as Oasis so as to get a piggy-back into the charts

8. alexpop

Still there should be a precedent.
    I'll take Noel's album any day of the week over those other acts. Mind you I'm biased. :D

9. Liam Brown

Liam Brown Forum Resident

new liam song Wall of Glass from his gig tonight.

10. Spear and Magic Helmet

Spear and Magic Helmet Forum Resident

Thank you for posting this! I've only been able to catch the 30 second snippets. I hope this song does well...

11. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

hot off the press !!~!

surprisingly solid solo debut by Liam...better than any Beady Eye tune that i could recall.
    he didn't write this, did he ?? nice production as well, masking Liam's vocal weakness of recent years pretty well.

12. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth Thread Starter

New interview with Liam

13. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I thought his voice was good on BE myself. He co-wrote the tune - it's got some classic Liam melody hallmarks all over it for sure. It's growing on me.

YMC4 likes this.
  14. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

Ha! I was just about to post this... You must have gotten the same email as me. :cool: I think it's decent, nothing great, but not bad... I'm looking forward to the album.

15. Haristar

Great vocals from Liam. Overall a pretty good song.

16. Haristar

Nice belated birthday present for his brother. ;):D

17. Octowen

Octowen Forum Resident

The album is called "Who Built The Moon?" And will be released on November 24th.

[​IMG]

Track listing:
    1: Fort Knox
    2: Holy Mountain
    3: Keep On Reaching
    4: It's A Beautiful World
    5: She Taught Me To Fly
    6: Be Careful What You Wish For
    7: Black & White Sunshine
    8: Interlude (Wednesday Part 1)
    9: If Love Is Law
    10: The Man Who Built The Moon
    11: End Credits (Wednesday Part 2)

I'm not sure where this info was obtained from, as I can't find an official announcement, but I first saw it on the Oasis subreddit and have since been seeing it all over the place.

18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

No alone on the rope released still then, that song needs to be released, could have been one of the strongest songs on the first album.

Octowen likes this.
  19. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Can't imagine it getting a physical release unless Noel gets to the stage of having some sort of rarities package out (I think I'm right in thinking it's only officially been released as a digital download so far?)

20. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

That's right mate, it was up on amazon Germany I believe as a download or bonus track I think then taken off the site the next day or so, what a waste though, one of noels best songs for me since he went solo.

I was thinking the same unless he does a rarities or b- sides album one day we mightn't see it.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  21. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I have an mp3 of Alone On A Rope. I know it was released on something.

The art/title for this album is killer. Such a huge improvement over the first two albums.

Carl80, Favre508 and Octowen like this.
  22. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

This looks and feels fake to me, especially the track titles. Man, that logo has to go too; it’s hideous.

alexpop likes this.
  23. Octowen

Octowen Forum Resident

I've found out where the track listing and album title came from. They were taken from the Amazon pre-order page for the vinyl version of the album, before it was taken down.
    I'm still not sure where the artwork was found, but it doesn't look very fake to me. And, the logo is the same as it was on the last two albums. I don't see anything wrong with it, personally.

24. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

Alone on a Rope was released on German ITunes.

Carl80 likes this.
  25. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

The logo is hideous, was my only point there. It’s a stupid album cover that’s trying to mimic the Oasis glory days or something, to me. I’ll be pretty disappointed if that’s the cover. It seems like a tacky fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.