New Onkyo A-9010 stereo integrated amp with build-in Wolfson DAC

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by soundboy, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I have a 9010. Had if for about 2 years. No problems with it so far except for what you mentioned about making fine volume adjustments with the remote. I either make the volume too loud or too soft when I use the remote. It's a real pain.

imajindat likes this.
  2. imajindat

imajindat Forum Resident

Yes my thoughts exactly!

3. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I'm trying the loudness button for the first time tonight, listening to some Burning Spear on Cd, and I have to say I sort of like it. It gives the right amount of bass boost to the Heresy's. Very impressive, gonna be using this button a bit more in the future.

4. Joel S

Joel S Forum Resident

I wrote Onkyo Customer Support on Facebook and they confirmed that except for the DAC, the internals of the UK and US version of the A-9010 are IDENTICAL. Caps off.

thelonius munk and crispi like this.
  5. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

The right channel just went dead on my 9010. I have an Onkyo 8020 in the closet as a back up. It's probably not as good as the 9010 but I doubt I'll hear any real difference.

6. hhjack

hhjack Forum Resident

I had the same issue with my Onkyo 9010. It was still under warranty. I took it to a local authorized repair shop and had it brought back to life. I had a backup Onkyo 8011 that I used in the meantime. The Onkyo 9010 was very welcomed back in the system when it was serviced. An impressive sounding amplifier.

Jerryb likes this.
  7. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I have the 8020 hooked up now and if I was blinfolded I couldn't tell the difference between the two. In fact the 8020 sounds warmer.

8. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

My 9010 still going strong, no issues.

I have it hooked up now to my KEF Q900 speakers and they are a great match.

hhjack likes this.
  9. gasolin

gasolin Well-Known Member

How about the new Onkyo A-9110 (the new a-9010), how good is it, less power and only analog inputs but the same low price as the A-9010 (under 200 euros).

Phase Matching Bass Boost = punchy bass?

Phonostage better than the Onkyo A-9010?

I wouldn't mind trying the A-9110 to hear if it sounds better than my almost 25 year old denon amp that sound neutral.

10. fukuzawa

fukuzawa Member

Hi, my 9010 has just died after 3 years - now, it still powers up, led's are working as normal, but regardless of source there is no sound coming out the speakers. I left it off overnight and tried this morning again - it came back to life for few seconds, but seemed a bit quiter than normal, so I've adjusted the volume... and it went silent again. Has anyone experienced similar issue ?

11. imajindat

imajindat Forum Resident

Yes that happened to me after about 10 months of use, no sound from speakers or headphone jack. I gave up on it and went to a Marantz PM6005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.