New Outkast, holy god.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aquateen, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick B.

Rick B. Senior Member

I'm a 51 year-old white male, and I "hate" rap and I "hate" hip-hop. But I bought the new Outkast and love it. The breadth of musical genres contained on the two CD's is astonishing. The only way I can describe this music is "Frank Zappa goes hiphop!" You never know where the music is going to take you next; it's jaw-dropping. This album will take many hours of listening to truly take it all in.

2. Mad Matt

Mad Matt New Member

Considering the competition, it BETTER freakin' win!

-Matt

PS: Love the new avatar! :)

3. jpgettes

jpgettes Senior Member

The vinyl sounds huge and beautiful. A friend told me that Outkast's music couldn't be properly reproduced on vinyl...boy was he wrong. I picked it up at Tower, quadruple album for 14.99. No lyrics though.

4. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

No kiddin'!!! That's what I thought when I saw the list of nominees in that category. Justin Timberlake??? Please. If he wins that award, I think from then on you should be able to get a Grammy with a full tank of gas!!! :D

And thank for the compliment. I think that avatar is a keeper!!:cool:

5. Mad Matt

Mad Matt New Member

LOL! To discount the rest, the Missy album is two incredible singles and whole lotta filler. (actually, isn't that ALL of Missy's albums? :p) I think twenty times more people claim to like the White Stripes than actually do. (Hey Jack White, if your records are so cheap to make, why are you charging full list price for them? Sellout. :p) And c'mon, EVANESSENCE?

-Matt

6. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Easy on Jack, Jack!!! :)

7. ivor

ivor Senior Member

If Jack White can make records for half the price of everyone else and sell them for the same, more power to him. There's nothing wrong with making money, even if you're in rock and roll.

Back on topic: I'd love to see a 5.1 mix of boxx/below... good golly, that would own. With Stankonia out in 5.1, I assume it's on the way.

8. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

The best way to sum up the past year musicwise is, there was an oasis to be found every now and then... But there was a whole lot of desert in between!!!

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I can proudly claim I don't!:D

10. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Well, now I have to look into this......it sounds too cool to dismiss!

11. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

For me, this is a case of "file sharing = good." I didn't feel comfortable plopping down $20 for a double CD, of which I've only heard two tracks. Well, I love the whole damn thing, so they've got my money coming to them.

As it should be.

12. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Well put!

13. shrive

shrive Member

and what about that drum n' bass version of 'my favorite things'? it's one of my favorite songs on the cd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.