New Ozzies!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member

It's as simple as this: What anyone thinks of Bob Daisley or Lee Kerslake in 2002 doesn't really matter. It's their performances from 20 years ago that's at question. We've been listening to them for 20 years on these records and until all of this horse**** with Ozzy erasing their tracks came up, probably most of us were content with their performance. It's a bit ignorant to be putting these 2 guys down now. Twenty years ago they were good enough for Ozzy to record with so who really gives a **** how they play now, And lets not even assume Ozzy has gotten more intelligent over time. Either he's one hell of an actor or one step away from complete retardom.

-ED

2. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Now don't pull any punches Ed. I agree 100%.

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Good point Ed... I also don't like the way, what Ozzy did with the new reissues!!!

I only posted my comments about Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake as musicians!!! I can remember me... the same happened with the first solo record from Ritchie Blackmore. The bass-drum section was pretty poor, and was replaced on his next record... Jimmy Bain on bass and Cozy Powell on drums!

My favorite bassguitarists from the 70's: Geezer Butler, Geddy Lee, Gary Thain, Greg Lake, Chris Squire... just to name a few one's.

4. Mike

Mike New Member

Beagle:

Yesterday you said:

The new bass and drum parts inserted with tweezers and surprisingly well blended with the original parts.

Today you said:

These new tracks sound so sonically disjointed from the guitar and vocal tracks it's laughable.

So which one is it? Does it sound "suprisingly well blended" or does it sound "sonically disjointed"?

5. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Originally posted by Claus

4/16:

4/18:
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

I also said this...

Meaning...Tuesday I listened to the new remaster alone. On first listening, the "new" drums and bass matched the "old" vocal and guitar in terms of balance and "size". But they sounded like they were surgically inserted. Last night I compared the new remaster to the LP. After refreshing myself with the original LP version, I listened to the remaster again. The cohesiveness and space was gone and the tracks sounded like two different parts from two different eras, which they are. So you can have a balanced mix of tracks that sound alien to each other.

7. Mike

Mike New Member

Gotcha, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.