New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

FKA002 likes this.
  2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Somebody found it on this guy's facebook posted 19 hours ago...…

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Egypt? Lost 3-1 to Russia

FKA002 likes this.
  4. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

You have to look in desktop mode and it lists it at 7in release

daveidmarx likes this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

theMess likes this.
  6. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Expect someone thought that by picking a relatively obscure unreleased song, they might trick some fans? As if the voice isn’t a dead giveaway that it’s and old old recording!

7. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

I know some of the artists I like have released CD singles in the past few years. They usually have 2 songs and a $2 off coupon for the album. I'm thinking of Tom Petty, Dawes and Tedeschi Trucks Band.

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

just broke out the bootleg, It is fake...just added echo and the Egypt Station station sound effects as well as own backing track

theMess likes this.
  9. Google doesn't know the new Macca single :

Your search - B07DV95WN6 - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

• Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
    • Try different keywords.
    • Try more general keywords.

10. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I wouldn't just implicitly trust that website listing for a 7 inch single. Don't get me wrong, it makes sense; I think one will be issued. But it also says the 7 inch vinyl single is coming out tomorrow. Unless Capitol undertakes a super elaborate shipping system to get a vinyl single in shops tomorrow, I'm guessing at least the release date isn't correct on that listing.

11. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I'm curious how many extra hits the 2013 "New" album is getting as people search for "New Paul McCartney Song/Album."

theMess, nowhereman87, 905 and 4 others like this.
  12. Do you mean Choba B CCCP is better than Egypt Station?

jmxw, theMess, nowhereman87 and 6 others like this.
  13. You have a subscription and could see the real cover of the 45? Not the one on Paul site that hasn’t barcode and other info? Can you share thrm with us?

14. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Could it be an alternate take of Love You To?

jmxw likes this.
  15. alexpop

Lol

16. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

No, I don't see the cover. But located lower on the site, it lists
    I don't Know/Come on to me 7" release underneath

17. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Bring on the 7" single! I'm excited to add another new single to my collection. My newest 7" in terms of release is the BBC Vol. 2 promo. In terms of newest additions to my collection, I went shopping yesterday at Amoeba for their Paul McCartney birthday sale and picked up the BBC 1 EP, Coming Up (upgrade) and My Sweet Lord for 20% off each (even though the George Harrison song shouldn't have been discounted, I'll take what I can get for it). I also got Stay by the 4 Seasons, If I Were A Carpenter by Bobby Darin and Father Figure by George Michael.

Hoping that we'll be hearing the new songs in a little under an hour. I have work at that time, but all the best we're a lot closer to the two new songs than we think! :righton:

18. alexpop

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

yes, Initially I got excited and went off half cocked without listening to the whole thing. Saw the Egypt Station teaser font, the sound effects and then the song which was heavily echoed which I can't recall hearing it like that...but simple backing track...weird fade in to vocals...more fake as I listened closer. Sorry!!

20. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

According to The Daily Beatle blog, there is going to be 16 songs on the standard edition..wow

21. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

It happens to the best of us, MW. Don't sweat it

Paulwalrus likes this.
  22. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

The "Egypt Station" listing has been removed on Amazon US. Haven't checked foreign Amazon websites.

nowhereman87 likes this.
  23. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

Wow this is great.

FKA002 likes this.
  24. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

I have it on my wish list and although it's not there to see, it's still in my list at $13.98

25. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

September 7th??? And he's promoting it THIS Thursday on Carpool Kareoke? And all those odd little web site images of Egypt Station now? As I said a few days back... This would be an INANE promotional idea. The album is DONE. Get it in the shops THIS Friday! It's not that hard MPL. At the very least have the single ready to go FRIDAY via iTunes, Spotify, the Beatles Channel and of course a physical release too. Ron

theMess, Paul H, longaway and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.