New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

The article also said the photo was taken by Sam Rock, not Mary McCartney

theMess, MsMaclen and Shaddam IV like this.
  2. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Haha! You beat me. I was just going to post about that press release hokum.

..a plaintive, soul-soothing ballad as only Paul can deliver..

...a raucous stomper that fans that spark of chemistry into a rocking blaze.

Worldwide speculation about a new Paul McCartney album instantly reached fever pitch as his Instagram account whited out last week- only to ratchet higher as Paul was spotted taking selfies at landmarks in Liverpool the same day.

Wow, apparently the entire population of earth has been talking about the new album while I've been posting here and I've missed the...fever out there. :D

3. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Well, then we can’t complain and what’s the fun of that? ;)

4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

You'll have time. Remember the last big press release that got shared on here, almost a decade ago?

"Again and again and again" - well will you look at that? There's a McCartney song for everything!

theMess and Glenn Christense like this.
  5. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

Well technically it was worldwide speculation, given that Paul's fanbase is global and his social media accounts have fans from all around the planet (and perhaps Mars, too). ... At any rate, it's not all that surprising that PR sounds like, er, PR, is it?

theMess, Tord and ajsmith like this.
  6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

These were mine in connection to that post, notice that while suspicious , I left the possibility open that it could be true. I still do,but I remain suspicious. Some would like to think because the info did come from me or maybe Mike...not so, I'll take advance info from even the folks I dislike on this board. He/She could still wind up being right

While they gave a timeline that winds up being right/ Beatlefan had given a loose timeline that was near right two weeks prior to their post. So for me it could have been derived from that or not

He claims 16 tracks on the generic cd....I don't think we've had that many tracks since Driving Rain on them which means that a deluxe My had 17-19 which is a lot.....impossible, no but certainly not normal. There is still no confirmation of 16 tracks anywhere

It is not standard practice for my friends in the business to hear a deluxe version prior to release so for me number of tracks was an issue for me as was that many tracks

He described that there were a lot of people who heard the whole album. This at a time where DJ's in the largest market had not even heard one song . I have friends at very big stations that as of today have not even heard the 2 singles, let alone the whole album. That for me raised a red flag, still does

Those are my general concerns, there are others.....but just a little reasoning why I question and still do.

mikecarrera and jammincrowe like this.
  7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And before you pick apart my post , I finally figured out the multi quote thingie!!! Thanks for your patience!

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  8. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

2 and a half hours

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Good catch, i did not see that.

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  10. Cokeman118

Cokeman118 Forum Resident

So anyone know how this single is being released? Streaming only? Physical release? Digital download? I personally like physical releases, so should I head out to Best Buy in the morning after work? I'm weird about listening to music, especially something new like this. I can't just stream it in my car on my lunch... if it's released by then.

11. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

What Denny says just doesn't sound like a ballad to me? McCartney asked Ringo to play drums on a ballad? I mean I guess he could, it just seems strange that he would want Ringo just for a ballad?

jammincrowe likes this.
  12. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

It is surprising when cheesy phrases like "world wide fever pitch" and "as only Paul can deliver " are thrown in.

I know he's gone but it's too bad someone like Derek Taylor with a little more style and a little less bluster apparently isn't available to write these sort[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  13. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

The guy who came in and posted (maybe 4 times?), said 16 tracks for the deluxe, less for standard. On or about page 300 (????!!!).

14. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

I wish we knew. I asked the same question a few hours back. I'm fearing it will be streaming only. By now iTunes would have something up, you'd think. I don't do Spotify, so that's out for me. I'd love a 45, but that's highly unlikely by tomorrow.

15. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

All these Beatle nerds... I'm surprised no one caught the reference. Well played, Sir! :righton:

16. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

Although it could very well end up being his final proper studio album for all we know (I hope not of course), it would be kind of odd if his final album ended up being titled ‘Egypt Station’. It doesn’t have the kind of career capping sense of occasion of say ‘Memory Almost Full’ or even, in a way ‘New’ did as titles.

17. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

This not posted yet?

I hope this is the released version of the song. This rough-demo sound is great.

CWillman likes this.
  18. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Didn't Ringo drum on "So Bad"? So I guess its possible.

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Ok, again...it is not common practice for the deluxe to be given to radio ,it is the standard version.....if you look at all early reviews they are of the standard version

And I honestly don't find it plausible at that time for these people to hear the entire album weeks ago when some very large market/maybe largest market folks have not even heard the first two single yet

Possible , I guess but not probable in my mind

20. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

If it ends up just hitting no.2, he’ll prob feel relieved as it will take the pressure off after all the No.1s he’s had recently.

21. You don’t ever have to go into a Best Buy ever again.

22. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Realistically, Ringo hasn't been a true working drummer for decades. He's not going to drive the band on a rock song; having him there to tap along on a song where the drums don't matter a lot is a nice "feel-good" way to have Ringo involved on this late-stage album.

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well I'm going to hold out hope and wait!!

jammincrowe likes this.
  24. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I found his post: post #6656. Poster: strawflds (I think)

25. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Best Buy is out of the game for sure, but it does still look they sell cd's online on their site. But in store is just about gone

Mazzy and Monasmee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.