New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Seems to be a variation on the claim of World’s Best Coffee except in Paul’s case he has what it takes to make a great cup.

theMess and Glenn Christense like this.
  2. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Hmmm...you missed some. Don't worry - I'm here to help!

3. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Best Buy stopped selling music in Canada years ago and I've barely visited a store since.

4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yes, it was that poster, i outline why I have issue with what was said. Could it all be the truth....sure but until there is confirmation...I'll remain skeptical. Hopefully tomorrow will learn about track info we will see

Zeki likes this.
  5. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

On the other hand...I'm a believer! :D

6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I'm sure there are probably even more Frank.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And there is nothing wrong with that. I am not.......yet at least

Zeki likes this.
  8. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I don't know about that?

Ringo and his All Stars have been working pretty regular, so he could very well drive a band on a rock song. That seems a much better fit than a ballad?

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I happened to be in the one near me a couple weeks ago. The music was down to a one row display with very poor selection of product

10. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Joking. So many on here are talking about how paylis supposedly longing for one more chart topper. The fact that hesh releasing 2 songs at once pretty much dispells that notion. I think...

ajsmith likes this.
  11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And thanks Frank, now that I am retired and a Macca release coming...I post much more than I ever did. I went back to what appeared to be my posts directly after their initial post.

12. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Doesn't Ringo have a full-time drummer in the band actually carrying that weight?

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yes, recent tours has been Gregg Bissonnette. But Ringo does jump on the kit, while the second drummer makes things easier for him, I don't think that in itself is proof he couldn't lead a band. Just an opinion

14. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

That performance is cool, but I really want to hear the officially recorded version, the guitar solo sounded like it was going to be really good.

Yes he has an additional drummer, but Ringo also plays a lot because he knows fans want to see him play.

nowhereman87 and JDeanB like this.
  15. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Okay, it‘s June 20th and no sign of the single all over Europe. Did the press release say June 20th 2018? :D

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  16. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Out of curiosity, do any of you know what Paul's last analog album was?

There's all this talk about digital-only releases, and I've been wondering when Paul finally succumbed to the CD age and ditched magnetic tape.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

After 25 years of working in a job where so many people lie to you, once I hear things that don't add up in my mind my disbelief mechanisms work in overdrive

18. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

My guess is that McCartney II was Paul’s last analog but I could be wrong.

daveidmarx likes this.
  19. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yes, I agree that is the only possible reason that a teen idol like the 76 year old Paul McCartney couldn't have a #1 hit. The fool! If he just spaced them out over the summer, he would have two #1 hits in this year of our Lord nineteen hundred and seventy eight.... Oh wait it's 2018... Never mind.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  20. Cokeman118

Cokeman118 Forum Resident

Yah, they have a small footprint with physical CD's. However I did pick up a lot of McCartney releases, over the years..WOA (with exclusive Cow Palace) Tug Of War, Pipes Of Peace (with totes), Venus and Mars, Wings At The Speed Of Sound, (with the 45 singles) New, (and the deluxe version with book), Flowers In The Dirt (with the 45 single) can't remember if it was some exclusive thing or not... oh and the Sgt Pepper release. So I say Best Buy as my go to, but I realize they are dwindling, and the music market has changed a lot I know. There is only one actual record store in my area, but I'm reluctant to go just because of bad experiences I've had there. These are for CD releases, I don't have any of the archive releases on vinyl...

maccawings likes this.
  21. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

Looking forward to some new McCartney music. It's been something I buy on day one since the Coming Up single and McCartney II.
    Some great insider information and a bit of baloney but it unraveled well on this thread. I can't believe I've read so many posts even when things would go a little odd.
    I like the album title, the B&W pictures were awesome as well however the single art work looks underwhelming. I hope the album art work is more appealing but ultimately it's the music that matters. I will grab the 7" single, vinyl album and deluxe version I sure. My dream would be a full length double album (not 12 min sides that require annoying too quick of returns to the record player). I assume we will have some trash talk about the two songs shortly. Me I'm someone who likes 99% of what Paul puts out (including Spies Like Us). I did struggle with Party Party and Angry. L
    Bring on the new music! Oh yea McCartney III really appealed to me.

Allen Michael and Prudence1964 like this.
  22. popscene

popscene Senior Member

That’s the live version from the pub.

theMess, Ken.e. and bRETT like this.
  23. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

That’s just the clip of his live performance from Liverpool. Love the feel of it though! Hopefully it translated in the studio.

theMess, nowhereman87 and Ken.e. like this.
  24. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I think McCartney II. Tug of War was mixed digitally if I recall properly so I assume also recorded that way.

Funny I recall people wanted the CDs to be DDD on the case.

25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

True!! A ballad would seem to have a different sound!! And with Ringo?!? I would think Paul would want Ringo to rock like on Paul's most rockin' songs!!! Like Cafe On The Left Bank and The Mess and What It Is!!! These are songs that Paul should be playing live! They would rock audiences and make crowds go crazy!! Let's start a petition!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.