New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Which again is why the album should be available NOW.

I'm guessing that MPL didn't realize that the carpool segment would generate such large interest. There's no other excuse.

Dodoz, theMess, Eska68 and 12 others like this.
  3. Knicknack

Knicknack Forum Resident

Maybe they'll realize that mistake and put it out (wishful thinking).

theMess and Lewisboogie like this.
  4. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

You like to live on the edge, I know.

theMess likes this.
  5. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Ah, that explains it. Thought I was missing something.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  6. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

What a tease man!

Oyster Boy likes this.
  7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

The part were the horns come in almost makes my hair stand up-a great Maccamoment.

theMess likes this.
  8. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Sorry, just a little confused. whats the difference between the standard and the deluxe? You said all versions are double disc records? And which one is the limited "initial run" where you said after the initial run it will be different? The standard or the deluxe? And where do you recommend picking up the deluxe colored?

9. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

How many of these crazy waiting for Paul's new album threads have you all been a part of? Does anyone know how many their have been? I think MAF was the first massive one, and that was the first one I was involved with, then there was a kind of large one for Electric Arguments, and another fairly small one for Kisses on The Bottom. Then the incredibly massive one for "New" and our current most massive ever? Hmm... am I about right in all of this?

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  10. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I'm the one who always claim the slim chance Paul gettin a hit these days. But given a dancemix Come on to might actually be at least a minor hit mainly because it s extremely catchy and easy to move around to. Doubt it will happen but that little thing goin for it
    :)

theMess likes this.
  11. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

WHich video? The Carpool one or the video for the single?

12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

CARPOOL.

theMess and jammincrowe like this.
  13. “HOW F......ING GOOD WAS JOHN!?! AMAZING.”

That’s Macca quoted from a story in Variety by Steve Marinucci - some great stuff.

Best part is produced below, enjoy!!!

In a separate interview with DIY, he confirmed the long-rumored release of a 50th anniversary edition for The Beatles’ “White Album.” “It’s all in place, I’ve just got a couple of essays [to approve]. It’s all lined up and it’s really good,” he said. “The album itself [‘The White Album’] is very cool and it sounds like you’re in the room; that’s the great thing about doing remasters. But we’ve also got some demos of the songs, so you get things stripped right back to just John’s voice and a guitar. You just think, how f—ing good was John?! Amazing.”

McCartney also told the BBC’s Whiley he has no plans to retire and, in fact, has a very busy few months ahead. “I was talking to – name dropping, clunk – Willie Nelson. I was talking about this whole retiring thing, ‘cause you know he’s older than I am! And he says, ‘Retire from what?’ and I think that just says it. You know, ‘Retire from what?’. So no, I love it, I enjoy it so we’re going to do some little gigs in July. Don’t know what those are going to be yet. Note to self, must try and figure it out ‘cause they’re approaching fast and then we do some bigger productions and things after that.

Paul McCartney Announces ‘Egypt Station’ Album, Talks Retirement, Drops Two New Songs (Listen)

theMess, angelees and Zeki like this.
  14. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  15. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

I believe Come On To Me will be a worldwide hit whether it reaches #1 or not simply because it's such a bouncin' groove.

No need to overthink things just get on the dance floor and go....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  16. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Carpool of course, the releases are secondary, not many hits/plays yet, and it will remain that way.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  17. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Yea, I wasn't referring to your post in particular, probably a gathering of thoughts from here and other forums. Hey, as long as we all enjoy music and enjoy writing about our experiences it's ALL good :). Ron

theMess, mrjinks and Oyster Boy like this.
  18. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Because they rely on the fact that some people will buy multiple copies, this inflating sales. Nothing new under the sun.

19. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Video stuff! You mean there's a re-release of the Gimme Some Truth documentary but on BluRay maybe?

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  20. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

No excuse whatsoever. I'm guessing some suit(s) said "Summer is the worst time to release a new album, Paul." Here's the difference. A HUGE promotional appearance on a show with a very hip quotient. Paul's recent birthday. A glut of Beatle-related releases this Fall. Getting a vibe out there BEFORE a new tour. Waiting 8+ weeks is an eternity in this business. I feel badly for Paul. Yes, he could have changed things around... even pushing off the airing til the first week of September. But these days he listens to his MPL team and allows them the flexibility of release schedules and all that. Let's hope that Corden plans on repeating this episode the week of release (perhaps this has already been determined?) Add in a few outtakes or even a unseen segment AND keep his promo shout at the end of the program. Ron

Hep Alien, theMess, mrjinks and 5 others like this.
  21. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

FKA002 likes this.
  22. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

Paul stated during Wings, that he was against doing Beatles stuff for a long time. Around '75/'76 tour promoters and produces asked him if he could just play a few Beatles songs for the tour.
    He was a little reluctant and nervous to play ANY Beatles stuff at first, but eventually agreed to it.

I can't remember the interview, I just remember when Paul imitated their voice he said, "Could you just SLING in a LITTLE?" (referring to Beatles material)

theMess likes this.
  23. teag

teag Forum Resident

Paul on the Corden show was really great to see. I was at the house on Forthlin Rd just a few years ago. That and Mendips were the highlight of the trip.

Rock on Paul!

24. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

TAKe mY MOneY noW :winkgrin:

theMess and mikecarrera like this.
  25. postscripum

postscripum Forum Resident

It's even talked about in here about 20 pages ago. :D [cue Gone Troppo artwork again]

theMess, mrjinks and MsMaclen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.