New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Also mine

Tord, theMess, Bop789 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Here is the live-version were Paul sings the F-word

3. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Okay, I'm going to have to turn off Van Morrison (sorry, Van) and listen to these.

omikron and theMess like this.
  4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I was actually listening to ny fellow swedes the gorgeous First aid kit when all this started. Comes highly recomended
    :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 1:32 PM
    Claudio Dirani likes this.
  5. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Apple Consigliere In Waiting

The first two preview tracks were relatively "safe" crowd pleasers -- a Macca rocker and a Macca piano ballad -- so it would make sense that the third track might be something a little different, perhaps even something that might rankle some fans. I am convinced that we are being carefully shielded from the best tracks on Egypt Station -- to ensure maximum possible critical and fan euphoria when the whole thing is unleashed.

6. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I LOVE this one. Right down my alley.

7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Here is another one

8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

You are probably right. Even though sir Paul himself said I don t know was a favorite of his.
    Because I like much if the things I have heard from Ryan Tedder I have high hopes for Fuh You-if it s a catchy song this will be fun.
    But perhaps a bit dividing among fans

Dr. Pepper, Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  9. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Wow! Fan Euphoria? We might pass out with happiness when we hear this thing!

This thing better be great Sean! :D

10. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

theMess, Zeki and Bemagnus like this.
  11. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It s goin to be fuhing euphoric.
    Time square will be filled with people carrying Egypt Station signs and singing People want peace hand ib hand. The same phenomen will happen all over the world
    :)

Dr. Pepper, Yorick, theMess and 5 others like this.
  12. planckera

planckera schmlanckera

Now if it’s anything less than stranded-on-a-desert-island-but-you-only-get-to-take-one-record-with-you quality I’m going to be disappointed. :disgust:

;)

13. Glenn Christense

I say, if the album is anything less than euphoric we demand that Sean reimburse us for any and all Egyptian Station purchases we make, leading us on like he has . :D

I think that's only fair, given his as yet unproven assessment of the album.;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 1:58 PM
  14. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Upon hearing Sean’s declaration I myself have pre-ordered an additional 7 different copies of the album to prepare myself for maximum Euphoria

Paul H, theMess, planckera and 3 others like this.
  15. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Resident

On that note Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey wasn't released as a hit single until a good three months after Ram came out.

Imagine the surprise hearing it from the album for the very first time without any advanced notice.

Saving the best for last indeed. :)

16. Glenn Christense

Good for you. :p
    Just keep your receipts so you can forward them on to Sean, if the album is anything less than the greatest album released in the history of mankind.

I value Sean's opinion so I'll expect nothing less than that "greatest album", or he will hear from my lawyers, for my pain and suffering due to his misleading statements. :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM
    Dr. Pepper, theMess, Bemagnus and 3 others like this.
  17. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

It was kind of him to offer all those who’ve liked his posts in the past a complimentary copy of the deluxe set (when released)! I hadn’t actually liked any of his posts all these years, but I went back and found one of the less objectionable ones and grimaced while pushing the button, just to get in on the deal...

18. Sean Murdock

That's just Paul the P.R. man. If he was releasing Wild Life in a month and "Bip Bop" was the lead single, and a fan asked what his favorite song on the album was, guess what he'd say? :agree:
    Hey now! I wasn't predicting fan euphoria -- or any particular quality level of the album -- rather, I was saying that Paul is trying to maximize "critical and fan euphoria" by keeping the best songs on the album under wraps until September 7th. So you see, I didn't quantify how good the album would be, or how euphoric our reaction would be -- call those unknowns "x" and "y" -- just that Paul wants our perception of "x" and reaction of "y" to be as great as possible.

19. Sean Murdock

I don't like the turn this thread has taken ... :laugh: ... consider this my "Cease and Desist" letter! Purchase Egypt Station at your own risk! I disavow all these claims of incredibleness being attributed to me!

20. planckera

planckera schmlanckera

"And now it's all this."

;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 3:07 PM
  21. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Lucky you, I only have a Targetto near me, too far to drive to the Targae in the nice neighborhood!

22. Sean Murdock

Indeed. :hide:

theMess and planckera like this.
  23. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani Forum's hostage

I love their first album

theMess and Kundera the joke. like this.
  24. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

I am standing just to the left of the camera there.

25. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

um...