New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounds like his genuine concern for the environment spurred him on to do “Warnings”, despite any aversion to political content.

Sure does sound likes he’d like to snatch back F Y off the album.

He returns to the notion of judging the album as one coherent piece of art.

If it’s 50% as good as touted - we’re in for a treat!

BEST NEWS: Kurstin says he can’t believe the high quality of tracks that had to be left off. Sounds like they’ll be bonus tracks.

Allen Michael, theMess, Tord and 4 others like this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

After reading that Mojo piece, I wonder if we're gonna be seeing this a couple Sundays from now...

3. Next album name:

“Doobies and Tequila.”

4. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Yup...and he's got you preaching it! :D

5. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I think I'm only able to read part of the Mojo article. I'm missing all the good stuff! About Despite Repeated Warnings and Kirstin saying Tracks had to be left off. Etc.

6. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

It does indeed, yet there the song shall remain smack in the heart of Egypt Station.

7. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Some of the sidebar stuff is interesting:
    Riding To Vanity Fair "speculation about subject (friend)": Lennon? Denny Laine? Ex-publicist Geoff Baker?

And then the "one of the greatest melodists" essay by Goodall.

8. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Exactly.

9. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

So far I have not recieved any paycheck but one never knows. Actually I think Paul tried to downplay the importance of the song. Since it s very light pop-song that s true. The one critizism I have against this single is that it seems a obvious way to go for a hit. He confirmed as much in the interwiew.I find it silly and unrealistic.
    Anyway apart from this one the album seems to be a promising venture

10. Slide to the end of the article, you’ll see a. Little circle that says : 4 more, hitbthat button and more pages slide down.

12 songs, not on album, are noted by Kurstin.

theMess, Tord and Zeki like this.
  11. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Ahh, thanks. I saw the 4 more but, ever suspicious, I wasn't going to click!

12. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Yeah it will always be there as a sour thumb on the album. Guess that will cause many sleeplees nights
    :)

Allen Michael and vallilalainen like this.
  13. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

But thankfully no more lonely nights.

theMess, susyredstripe and Bemagnus like this.
  14. Agreed. I think the production on Chaos and Creation in the Backyard is terrible, but the songs are mostly so good that it saves the album. The sound quality is so exceedingly poor, though, that it had caused me to neglect that album and I had not listened to it in years. Luckily, I have been revisiting it lately. By exceedingly poor sound, I don’t just mean the brick wall mastering, either. Rather, the mixes are almost uniformly far too dry and have an unpolished, demo-like quality to them. The piano and vocals have this squashed, thin sound to them with no body.

Of course, there are exceptions. Anyway and Promise to You Girl have some neat stuff going on sonically.

15. Mamunia

Mamunia Forum Resident

Ah man, the real highlight for me is Kurstin saying he hopes this record is as good as Chaos and Creation, because he really loves that record.
    I'd love this album to be as good as Chaos

16. verjan2

verjan2 Active Member

Sadly the dynamic range (5) is identical with Chaos or Memory.

17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Mojos rewiew claim its his best since Band on the run. It s agood thing Kustin talks down such hyperbolic claims. If it comes near Chaos in quality I would be delighted

warewolf95 likes this.
  18. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

Great analysis!

Mr. Explorer, theMess and Bemagnus like this.
  19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier but James Corden has an expanded program of his day with Paul in Liverpool tonight CBS at 8 pm.

20. Is the Mojo interview only available to subscribers? I am only able to read a teaser for it on the Mojo site.

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Finally home from my trip. Had a great time at Junior's Farm in Lebanon, TN and meeting up with Dan Ealey. Will finally get to sit down and listen to Fuh You, it was tough to sit down and listen undisturbed while with family and on the run so sometime today I will take a closer listen. I will say that I was not blown away from the quick listen that I did take but I wasn't blown away by I Don't Know initially and now like it quite a lot.

Here we are with little over 2 weeks until the album release. This has certainly been a different release with the level of security displayed. Between website only access for reviews to watermarked MP3's they have successfully curtailed major leaks. While the watermark can be defeated, they have effectively scared the industry folks from leaking. Time will tell whether this will be the new tact down the line on all releases or was this an anomaly for a new release. I'd say the latter as archive and upcoming beatle releases info has leaked.

22. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

I dislike his production but I like Kurstin. Seems like a good guy.

Bemagnus likes this.
  23. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

Forum member TimeandTempo posted a link to the whole interview on page 905.

24. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I've always believed Riding To Vanity Fair is about Geoff Baker, it's nice to see it suggested elsewhere for a change!

25. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

Fuh You listening update in my little corner of the world. I haven’t listened to it since last Thursday. It is still stuck in my head. The lyrics are not great but it is definitely an ear worm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.