New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gponter79

gponter79 Forum Resident

I'm in the UK and placed my order for this with no problem

2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Wait... Leon Bridges, Los Lobos and McCartney? I've been saying, sir... for many, many years... you have fine taste in music

3. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

How much influence does a snowflake have... ? :)

theMess and Sean Murdock like this.
  4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Have you actually had communication from Ticketmaster/Capitol/MPL in recent months about redeeming your new album offer? I asked awhile back if anyone had heard anything about this since Egypt Station's announcement, but no one responded...
    Thanks, Yoda! :)

5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Thank s Chris
    The same to you
    I have not so many boundaries of what kind of Music to enjoy or not. However McCartney has been one of the few musical constants in my life
    IM very impressed with Leon Bridges-first with his retro Sam Coole styled soul and now he s clearly starting to find his own voice.
    His two albums could be a good starting point for those who dismiss modern music
    The Los Lobos gig I will artens with my yougest son 30 years of age. We have also arrendes gigs with Dylan and McCartney. But also. the likes of Kanye West and Dangelo. All great in different ways

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Chris from Chicago likes this.
  6. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

He has the A CD boxed set of George Harrison's Dark Horse recordings (as seen in one of the pics).

7. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

I’m listening to the 8 tracks and it’s mind blowing... some sound like chaos, Hand in hand, happy with you, despite...

Despite is just incredible and without warning change like band on the run (as it was Saïd)

I’m gonna say more soon !

Boognish, theMess, Tord and 19 others like this.
  8. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

My local Target says they will not be carrying Egypt Station in-store and would need to ship of which mine should arrive by Sept. 10th.

Yet grain of salt. Target’s shipping-only policy may be limited to my region. Or their store manager is simply incorrect.

To help matters checking with a Chicago Macca friend to confirm while suggesting contacting your local outlet if it will help save the trip.

JRSIV likes this.
  9. Victor46542

Back in brazil start bird sound

Lyrics start like this
    « Back in brazil
    There live a girl
    Who dream of a better world »

In the middle They shout a word 5 or 6 Times and same at the end

theMess, Tord, mikecarrera and 6 others like this.
  10. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Just like that rehearsal recording!

Victor46542 likes this.
  11. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Well... since we have 10 days left, I thought I would do a 10 day countdown of sorts... not chronological or a best of...just what I'm feeling like that day...

Today we explore the comings and goings of Paul's Jazz American Standards Album...kind of a Kisses timeline.

I think we need to start here, but you could go back way earlier if you wanted to explore Paul's "Granny Music" which kind of leads to these works:

2006 Paul releases this wonderful duet with Tony Bennette

12. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Here is the full song from Tony Bennett's 2006 Duets album and I think a large catalyst for what would become Paul's Kisses releases:

Yorick, Mr. Explorer, Tord and 2 others like this.
  13. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I don't know if I'd call it being "open minded" just for liking a wide variety of music. Like food, some people like a lot more variety than others. Besides, I'm betting that Paul says he likes those acts because he thinks it makes him look cool, hip, or modern in other's eyes. Just my guess.

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Of course -forgot about that. Sorry
    :)

15. paulmccartneyistheman

I agree, because he never has a lot to say about those people except their names. And he mentions “dark twisted fantasy” but I think all that’s more for street cred.

16. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

I purchased it day it was released, but is just to me or is that high pitched (child?) voice on that "Really really want me.." repeating part really... off-putting?

It's kinda creepy even, what is that voice? Why is it on there? Is this an effect used by modern artists these days? At least have a high-pitched female singer.. or why couldn't Paul have done his own backing vocals?

This processed child voice is so off-putting, it's taking away from the otherwise pretty cool production - which pretty much throws in everything including the kitchen sink... but that child voice. ??

Jeff

17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I love Dark twisted fantasy though and can very well imagine Paul doin the same
    I don t know
    :)

18. paulmccartneyistheman

He might! Only if we could zoom in on those darn records!!

Bemagnus likes this.
  19. In this roll out, did I leave out cool music videos of some songs?

Do it Macca!

20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Um... I suspect that processed voice is Paul doing his own backing vocal. [At 76, it's harder to reach some of those high notes, you know...] But I could easily be wrong. :targettiphat:

There is also the possibility that it is sampled [& processed] from some unreleased Paul song, but there is no evidence for that yet.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

This one ?
    Thanks for the hint, had completely missed that one, hehe...

22. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

I've heard someone say the Portugese word they shout sounds like 'itchy bum'.

theMess, Zeki, Bemagnus and 2 others like this.
  23. Victor46542

I’m gonna make a transcription of the lyrics as soon as I can (tonight or maybe during the next days), from what I wrote. For all the dôngs that we don’t Know: Hand in hand, back in Brazil and despite...

theMess, Tord, mikecarrera and 5 others like this.
  24. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

And isn't that a copy of RINGO in the lower right corner?

25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

He is avoiding telling us. It really is BAD ...

Kidding, just kidding ... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.