New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Discussion continuing from Part Two

The US leg of this tour is about to end and the Brazilian leg will soon begin, so once again here is a link with videos about those upcoming concerts, from the biggest TV channel in the country:

http://globotv.globo.com/busca?q=mccartney&dt=&d=&o=recentes&c=&p=&page=1

More videos will be added in the next few days and weeks, so feel free to keep checking it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  2. 5th-beatle

Trivia about those 5 shows:

November 10 - Paul's first visit to Vitória (Pete Best and Tony Sheridan have played there) and the first time their new stadium will be used for a rock concert. About 38,000 tickets were put on sale.

November 12 - Paul's first indoors concert in Brazil will be at an arena in Rio de Janeiro, for about 18,000 people.

November 23 - Paul's first visit to the country's capital, Brasília. About 45,000 tickets have been offered, but the stadium can hold around 70,000 at soccer matches.

November 25&26 - First rock concerts at this newly-refurbished stadium in São Paulo, which apparently is now one of the most modern venues in the world. About 45,000 tickets were put on sale per night.

Buick6 likes this.
  3. 5th-beatle

4. JRColvin

JRColvin Forum Resident

I'm hoping Paul busts out "Blue Moon of Kentucky" tonight as a bonus at his first-ever Louisville concert. Also, did you guys know there was a Wings mini-reunion this past weekend as part of Louisville's "To Sir with Love" festival? Steve Holley, Laurence Juber, and Denny Laine... joined by Terry Sylvester of the Hollies for good measure... pretty cool.

heatherly and Hep Alien like this.
  5. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Recently back from the closing show of the U.S. leg (Greensboro).

First, the bad news: After a 38 year wait for "Hi Hi Hi" ... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... DENIED.

The good news: Apart from the two songs that he really just can't sing anymore ("Paperback Writer" and "Maybe I'm Amazed") he was in strong voice, and the show was excellent. Even knowing what was coming 95% of the time, I really enjoyed it.

We got "Magical Mystery Tour", "Birthday" and "I Saw Her Standing There".

There was a hum (almost like a drone) for a couple of minutes between "Back In The USSR" and "Let It Be". For a fleeting moment I thought we were in for a live premiere of "Hope" (as he did say he would "HOPEfully" be performing it live). In the end the hum was a problem with the arena's sound system, and Paul made jokes waiting for the hum to go away. After "Yesterday" he signed the foot of a woman who held up a sign that read "Trick or Treat: Sign My Feet".

6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But he didn't sign the body part of the guy who held up the sign: "Treat or Trick: Sign My Pr**k"... ;)

(Yes, I posted this elsewhere, but it was too good to pass up twice.)

Arnie

pablorkcz, heatherly and theMess like this.
  7. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I hate when that happens. Why can't he leave out a song that's been in the set for years & years?

theMess likes this.
  8. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

I have to chime in on the subject of the Greensboro show. To be able to see him in a venue that small was amazing. I have seen Paul 3 times now, and this was the best by a significant amount. He did struggle with a couple of tunes, but I am very grateful he didn't skip them ( in particular Maybe I'm Amazed) as several on the forum have suggested.

His stage mannerisms are so corny - I have come to the conclusion they are endearing instead of just goofy.

9. ZEP77

ZEP77 Houston/Pontiac '77 Video. Where are you?

I've seen Macca twice in Anaheim and both were great shows. I'm kicking myself for not seeing him on this tour. I would love to see "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" live in person.

10. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I'm still wondering why Paul has not toured his new album for the NY area, of all places.

11. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I've noticed lately he plays the NYC during odd years

2005 - Madison Square Garden
    2007 - Highline Ballroom (not really accessible)
    2009 - Citi Field
    2011 - the evil team's stadium in the Bronx
    2013 - Barclays Center

...........so I'm fully expecting local NY shows next year.

I'd love the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ because I live 15 minutes away.

JoeRockhead, theMess and Hep Alien like this.
  12. 5th-beatle

New video of Paul (speaking in Portuguese and in English) inviting everyone to the November 10 concert:

13. groff

groff Forum Resident

theMess, Wright and 5th-beatle like this.
  14. 5th-beatle

Here is a picture from my instagram account, to celebrate the arrival of november!

[​IMG]

theMess likes this.
  15. 5th-beatle

Vitória is ready to welcome Paul. Here is a sign on one of their bridges:

[​IMG]

And here is a sign to welcome Paul's fans:

[​IMG]

foxylady, JoeRockhead and theMess like this.
  16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

For those who cannot understand Portuguese, the sign translates as:
    "Victoria Secret Models Coming Soon"...

;) Arnie

17. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I was really bummed about that too. We got Birthday instead which was great, but I was really looking forward to hearing Hi, Hi, Hi. I was already disappointed that he dropped Junior's Farm from the set list this year, so I thought as least I'd hear Hi, Hi, Hi.

18. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I'm very late, but I'd like to thank susyredstripe for posting Pauls Dodger Stadium concert in post # 1013 of the last thread. You saved me a couple hundred bucks.:D

One thing that bothers me though. I have never seen Paul so unhappy looking in concert. I'm about an hour into the show and he looks so tired, and he's really smiled like.. once. Paul never just goes through the motions and always puts on a professional show but he looks totally dead in the eyes and about as close to phoning it in as is possible for Paul. I'm NOT saying he's putting on a bad show, but if you look in his eyes it's like he's not really there. He looks like he's sick , or having a bad day or just tired.
    I'm up to "Lady Madonna" as I post this and he seems to be coming to life a little bit, but up until now he seems like he wasn't really enjoying himself.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    susyredstripe likes this.
  19. JagmanSL

JagmanSL Member

Wasn't this shortly after his illness? He may not have been 100% yet. I noticed when he played Jacksonville he was in great spirits and seemed to be having a ball up there! I specifically remember thinking to myself "How many times in his career has this man sung Hey Jude? He still seems as excited as ever to play it!"

20. Glenn Christense

August 10th, I believe which is a fair bit after his illness , which was in November 2013

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Dodger Stadium was a month after the tour resumed - it was the 10th show he did after his illness.

I saw the 2nd post-illness show in Pittsburgh and don't recall any signs of residual lethargy or other issues. Maybe LA was just a bad night... :shrug:

22. Glenn Christense

Yes, maybe. Did you watch a few minutes of the beginning of that LA concert posted? If so, do you agree he doesn't look like his typical " Mr Totally Happy and Into the Show Guy"?

I'm not saying it was a bad show, I'm saying compared to the Paul McCartney I usually see, he looked pretty unhappy for much of the concert .

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Didn't watch - much too lazy to find an old thread! :D

24. Glenn Christense

25. 5th-beatle

Just one more week. The stage is being assembled:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.