New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I am sure you will enjoy him saying this is for all the salamanders out there and blast into Getting closer.

2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

The thing is, from what I've heard, people find Dylan to be more consistent night to night now that he has switched to doing a static setlist. Though, the first time I saw him was in 2011, before he started doing that, and he broke out a few songs that he rarely performed, and they were wonderful.

The only way Paul could truly disappoint me would be if he did a stadium show without Live and Let Die!

3. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

[​IMG]

Daddy's little Salamander is getting closer to heading off for college.

JDeanB and Bemagnus like this.
  4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

At one of the CITIField-opening shows, a total stranger sitting next to me violently grabbed my arm at the first explosion. I'm assuming it was her first show. :)

5. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Yeah, both versions recorded in 1979, hit version debuted in 1979. It helps the 80's-argument lol.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  6. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Once again, you are seeing it black and white. The old “Bip Bop, Waterspout and Style Style instead of Yesterday, Let It Be and The Long And Winding Road”-argument. Nobody is claiming or asking for that. Nobody is saying the show on the whole is a disappointment.

heatherly and theMess like this.
  7. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Apparently "Eight Days A Week" and "All My Loving" were done at the second Tokyo show, instead of "Magical Mystery Tour" and "Can't Buy Me Love".

mark ab likes this.
  8. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

So, why doesn't your wife take your daughter to the show, then it is win-win?

9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I think I would pay cold hard cash for someone to film the moment when Paul's says "ok, just the fellas now" and Frank is forced to sing "Nah, nah, nah nah-nah-NAH-nah..."
    :goodie:

EDIT: even if he doesn't sing along, the video of his pained expressions might be the concert highlight of MY summer!!
    :goodie: :goodie:

Frank, 5th-beatle, Bemagnus and 2 others like this.
  10. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would pay Paul to get Frank up on stage to sing that part with him. :D

mark ab and mrjinks like this.
  11. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Exactly. No-one here is suggesting that Paul only plays songs that only his hardcore fans like, simply that he plays many of his other successful songs that get ignored.

I personally see no reason why he can't impress both the casual and more hardcore fan at the same time. He plays for 3 hours, more than enough time to sing the 'untouchables' like Yesterday, Let It Be, Hey Jude and The Long And Winding Road, alongside songs like No More Lonely Nights, Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, Goodnight Tonight, Wanderlust, etc.

The annoying thing is that Paul seems to think that he will become unpopular if he starts playing more of his solo catalogue. I understand his concerns, but there is no way that people would suddenly stop paying for tickets just because he sang Take It Away instead of All Together Now, or My Brave Face instead of Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da.

I also think that he was wrong to not play the whole New album at a mini-concert. I was at his Covent Garden mini-concert, and the crowd were more than happy, despite the fact that he played New twice, Queenie Eye, Save Us and Everybody Out There. Why couldn't he also have played I Can Bet, Early Days, Appreciate, On My Way To Work, Alligator, etc?

I think that he should have more faith in his post-Beatles work.

12. 5th-beatle

13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

mark ab and 5th-beatle like this.
  14. 5th-beatle

Thanks. I'll settle for She's A Woman at the Budokan and then at the UK/EU tour, if possible.

mark ab and theMess like this.
  15. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would be happy if he did play songs like She's A Woman and Can't Buy Me Love, but I would be incredibly pleased if he also played I Wanna Be Your Man (which he has covered in the past, and played only recently), Nowhere Man (which could be his tribute to John on the night) and If I Needed Someone (which could be his tribute to George on the night.

mark ab and 5th-beatle like this.
  16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Personally, I think it's just a coincidence. You suggested, ON PAGE ONE HUNDRED SEVENTEEN, a song that he subsequently played. Surely there must be something in the preceding 100+ pages of that thread that might be just as likely...
    :shrug:

mindgames and Frank like this.
  17. 5th-beatle

He should hire a bunch of fans as setlist advisors :)

She is anyway, theMess and mark ab like this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I say he does a special alphabet tour. He opens with About You, and proceeds to work through all his songs in alphabetical order. The last show of the tour ends with Zoo Gang, naturally.

19. 5th-beatle

It could be a coincidence.
    What I find odd it that Can't Buy Me Love was last played in 2009, and then brought back a couple of weeks after my post, and in the exact place I suggested.
    I should also mention that I forwarded the link of my post to Paul's band members on twitter, and they check that social network almost daily.
    So who knows? It's not impossible that they approved one suggestion among many others that I made and were not accepted.
    Besides, it's nice to think that maybe Paul and his band sometimes listen to fans' suggestions. It gives hope to all of us.

20. Frank

Frank Senior Member

What are you, a divorce lawyer?
    Only quoting this because I wanted to read it again. You get me. You really, really get me.:mudscrying:
    He already did his ad lib for the decade when he let that guy up to sing When I'm Sixty-Four to his woman. You may have to wait until 2020 for the next opportunity.
    [​IMG]

21. 5th-beatle

Delusions of grandeur... all right, then. Nevermind, I just wanted to share a moment of happiness with fellow fans. No need to insult me with personal attacks. Enjoy your weekend, folks.

22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

No, I just find it unfathomable that, if your wife and daughter want to attend and you do not, they simply do not go without out. They can use the money saved on your ticket to buy better seats, or T-shirts and swag, or over-priced hot-dogs, popcorn, etc. They'll be happy, you'll be happy. Win-win.

23. Frank

Frank Senior Member

My bad. Your page 117 message board post totally convinced Paul to play Can't Buy Me Love in concert. It's not like he's done the exact same thing 288 other times since 1989 or anything. :D

You've apparently never tried to have fun and simultaneously wrangle a 5 year old in giant ear protection gear amid a mass of people in various states of substance and situation induced intoxication. I wouldn't ask her to do that solo in a normal city let alone in Philadelphia.

I wouldn't say my wife and daughter want to attend, anyway. My wife wants my daughter to attend. My daughter, at this point, would rather see Elsa or a minion in concert than Paul McCartney (although she does have a Paul McCartney doll that she bosses around).

[​IMG]

So, in reality, my wife has no real interest in attending, my daughter has no real interest in attending, and I have no real interest in attending, but, somehow, we'll all three wind up attending because my wife thinks my daughter should.

24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Has Paul written a song starting with each letter of the alphabet? First one to compile a set list of 26 songs from A to Z wins. Ready, Set, Go....

theMess likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Just did a spot check:

Paul finally wrote a "Q" song on his last album. But there is also one other letter that he has not yet written a song for. And that letter is .....

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.