New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I got one!
    Section 210A
    I was fine with getting cheaper upper level.

:bdance::pineapple:

2. LandHorses

Just enter your email address if you registered ahead of time through Paul's site.
    No code

3. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I did register on his site, but for some reason when I click to the presale it tells me to enter an access code and entering my email there does not work

4. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

oddly it would not work via my work computer, but did work via my phone. But by the time I got in it was too late. Were there only the $169 and $254 seats available via this presale?

5. LandHorses

I got a $99

Rfreeman likes this.
  6. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Same issue here. First the site wasn't going anywhere with the e-mail, and then when it did, I got that access code nonsense. Usually I'm able to navigate the Crowdsurge difficulties, like last year when the link for each date led you to a different arena, but today wasn't my day. Amex preferred seating presale tomorrow!

7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

right there with you

8. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

keep trying.

9. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Buying concert tickets is so stressful. Last time I bought tix for a Macca show I was shaking so hard I couldn't type on the keyboard.

10. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

He already does that.

11. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

The casual fan point is totally played out!

Paul McCartney has been spoon feeding, catering to the casual fan since the 80's! If the casual fan hasn't seen him after all these DECADES, oh well!

How about the more dedicated fan for once, just for once, it just doesn't seem to be that much to ask!

The man is supposed to stay in his Beatle shell for the rest of his life?

I blame no one but Paul McCartney himself, he's the one that should have made sure that his tours aren't always so Beatle heavy!

It's the one major blemish of his career to me, he just hasn't performed enough of his own music!

klaatuhf and Frank like this.
  12. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam

Paul McCartney returns to Columbia, SC. Announcement comes tomorrow--April 28.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Good point.

14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

15. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I'll drink some Monkberry Moon Delight to this statement! :righton:

16. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

maccafan, thank you for posting this fresh new viewpoint! Paul checks in here almost day and I'm sure he'll smack himself in the head for not thinking of this idea himself when he sees your post.

I'm sure that implementing your idea will free Paul from playing those big 20,000+ seat shows he dreads so much and he can settle in playing those 4,000 seat or so smaller venues he's been pining for!

Also..maybe, just maybe we can convince Paul to adopt the All Star Band format and get guys like Richard Marx and the guy from Mr Mister in his band and then Paul can really relax and play eight or nine songs and see every one of the 1,500 or 2,000 people that will show up !

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  17. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I was thinking about how many Beatles songs Paul plays, and at first I thought I didn't like it, but then I thought, he probably doesn't think of them as Beatles songs, but his songs that the 2 or 3 other Beatles played on.

I do think he thinks about them being Beatles songs a lot less than we do, those are his songs, songs that are the staple in millions of lives that are credited to the Beatles, when a good portion were written with John Lennon but maybe a bigger portion written completely by himself.

To him, he made some of the most recognizable songs of all time, and he is showing them off for the last few rounds. God bless him, let him have all the na na na na's in Hey Jude, cell phones lights during Let it Be, and everyone singing with him, he deserves it.

18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Finally someone who knows exactly what's going on in McCarntey's mind. Bless you and your telepathic abilities.

I also just had a vision. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

19. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I don't doubt that plays a rule

Frank likes this.
  20. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? That's no vision. That's the Philadelphia Mint. You're looking out your own window! :)

theMess, mrjinks and Frank like this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Todd Rundgren or no deal

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Saw the show again last night, and he was on great form. Seven people from our Office went to the show at the Tokyo Dome. One guy took his 70+ year old parents who had last seen Paul 25 years ago from nosebleeds at the Pontiac Silverdome, and two are in their twenties. Everyone had a great time.

A few minor tweaks to the setlist, but basically the same as others on this leg, which long-time fans know is consistent with every tour he's done since 1964. The five new songs in the setlist were well received, and the centerpiece of the show, "Blackbird" and "Here Today" played solo on the rising platform, was powerful, with Paul's voice noticeably stronger than previous nights.

You wish he'd drop "Maybe I'm Amazed" and "Helter Skelter" to save the wear and tear on his voice, or even shorten the show a bit (most fans wouldn't mind, many wouldn't notice), but that doesn't seem to be in his makeup. So, night after night, nearly 3 hours and 37 songs. A far cry from those early Beatles tours of 12 songs in 29 minutes. Amazing.

JDeanB, theMess, forthlin and 6 others like this.
  23. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I don t mind Paul playing those huge shows celebrating his most well-known songs. As long as he comes to my garden and play an intimate acoustic gig filled with lesser known treasures. He ought to since I have been a fan for five decades

JDeanB likes this.
  24. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Paul is, in a sense, a victim of his own efforts and success. If you look at the setlist for his most recent Dome shows, he plays 5 new songs, 13 album tracks that were never released as singles (in the US or UK) and one unorthodox cover of George's "Something". That's 19 songs that were never hit singles for Paul - that's a full concert for a lot of people. That he supplements that with an additional 18 hit singles is a testament to his desire to please everyone in attendance even though it means a 3 hour set, and that his album tracks are considered among his "well known songs" is a testament to the depth of his catalogue - especially his Beatles catalogue.

Paul might think he's reaching deep by playing "Lovely Rita", "Mr Kite" and "All Together Now", rather than "Penny Lane", "Sgt. Pepper", "Hello Goodbye" or "Fool on the Hill". But that catalogue is so deep that the reaction is simply that he's playing his hits.

25. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I've only been a fan 34 years so I suppose all I get is three songs of my choice played down the phone?
    C'mon Paul! How can you treat us fans like this? I haven't spent thousands of quid on your music over the years to be treated the same as a filthy casual fan! I should be treated exceptionally! You don't belong to those 'only know the hits' cretins, you belong to me! I own at least a part of you, Macca, and if you continue to treat me (and other hardcore fans) with such disrespect I'll be forced to take drastic measures - namely, I'll only buy eight copies of your next album* (one for car, one for the collection, one each for my family, one for my dog and one for sub-zero storage) and I'll moan about having to do so on this very forum too! That, Paul, is the sort of bad publicity you'd be better off avoiding.
    I'm telling you this for your own good, Paul, if you don't stop catering to the sort of dullard who's never even heard of 'Ode to a Koala Bear', let alone knows where to find the alternate mix, then you'll only have yourself to blame when you continue to sell out stadia and arenae worldwide at top dollar for the rest of your professional touring career and that, Paul, would be a tragedy.

* standard domestic copies, obviously, that doesn't include limited editions, imports or limited edition imports, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.