New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

2. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

"Sitting in the stands of the sports arena, waiting for the show to begin..."

DmitriKaramazov and theMess like this.
  3. jimcdenco

jimcdenco Forum Resident

I was at soundcheck and I can tell you he didn't have any trouble with the vocals on Jet. For me that, Ram On and Let 'Em In were an extra treat at soundcheck!

theMess and heatherly like this.
  4. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

21 years since he last played in Australia, so 12 years isn't so long really.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  5. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

forthlin and theMess like this.
  6. heatherly

Brilliant show, even better than my first one. That little break in Japan did wonders for him! So worth the crap greyhound trip and 50 bucks in cab fare.

7. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Pre-sale earlier today for the november 10 concert was a success: about forty thousand dollars' worth of tickets were sold within the first sixty seconds. All tickets were gone within a few hours. Regular sale will begin tomorrow morning.

Buick6 likes this.
  8. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Looks like "Hi, Hi, Hi" returned to the setlist in its usual spot last night.

heatherly likes this.
  9. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Ugh!!!

10. heatherly

Oh yeah! Biggest surprise for me was the crowd ate up Save Us. Like into it more than Eight Days A Week, it was an epic performance.

theMess, somebodywhocares and Buick6 like this.
  11. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

Caught the Dallas gig from about 20 rows back in section 10. One of the most enjoyable shows I've ever seen. The Wings stuff sounded absolutely incredible!

Buick6 and heatherly like this.
  12. heatherly

On the floor? I was 9 rows back from the stage in section 104. I felt bad for the people that paid lots o dough to be on the floor, I was closer!

His voice was incredible, really amazing.

Buick6 likes this.
  13. Pickoid

Pickoid Forum Resident

I was in Dallas last night, in the nosebleed section. Best concert I've ever seen. I doubt anything else will compare to it. So glad we made the trip down from Little Rock to see him on this tour.

heatherly and JoeRockhead like this.
  14. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

That was the pleasant surprise for me with my seats. Despite being in the 3rd level, I was close enough to see the whole show with no problems and without having to stand up. I looked around the building and monitors were everywhere. Seems the "dead spot" areas were taken care of. With Paul's meticulous way of doing things, I wouldn't expect anything less. Just wish the city would hire some sound engineers to take care of the damn echo though. If you're halfway back or more, you WILL hear the bounce from the back of the venue. THAT SUCKS!

heatherly likes this.
  15. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I wish Paul gave his new songs more than half a chance...even ones from the last 20 years. I loved Save Us live too!

theMess and heatherly like this.
  16. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Don't know how the other crowds are but....the one in NOLA last Saturday was READY for a party. Maybe it was due to not seeing Macca for 12 years, maybe it was due to the postponement of the show from June. Either way, that place was LOUD and the band was feeding off of it. They didn't have to ask for a sing-a-long either. We took care of that ourselves.

Usually, there is one "bathroom run" song, but this night, that never happened from my observation. Everybody was locked into their seats for this marathon.

The four new songs he played fit well into the set. To put Save Us as the second song says a lot of the faith Paul has in the new album.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  17. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

mmm...to put Save Us as the 1st song would mean he had a LOT of faith in it.

18. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

The Atlanta show was a blast last night though there were no surprises or deviations from the usual setlist. I was a little annoyed to see "Junior's Farm" and "Your Mother Should Know" removed in favor of the "New" songs. I understand he needs to promote the new album and they're good songs but couldn't he have cut some of the songs he's done more often? I would have rather seem him keep "Junior's Farm" and let "Save Us" take the place of "All My Loving" or "Paperback Writer" and keep "Your Mother Should Know" and replace "Lady Madonna" with "New" and "Queenie Eye." Still a fantastic performance with Paul in (almost) top form--he had some real vocal trouble with "Maybe I'm Amazed" and a couple others earlier in the set but his voice improved as the night went on ("Helter Skelter" was nearly flawless).

foxylady and heatherly like this.
  19. heatherly

I know that people went nuts when he hit the stage but Save Us took it to another level in Dallas, people were into it. I noticed the first bathroom break in my area was 'My Valentine", which is a shame as it's a beautiful song.

I'd add The World Tonight & Junior's Farm and gladly sacrifice Obladi - Oblada & All Together Now.

20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Can't believe he's going back to Brazil yet again. He seems to go there every other year and is always playing stadiums.

21. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Paul has said that he will stop going there when 5th-beatle has no more money to give him! :laugh:

Heard from a friend in Sao Paulo this morning that the pre-sale was announced at 6:30 a.m. this morning, and that there are many complaints on Paul's Facebook page. I don't understand why they are not using Crowdsurge for the pm.com pre-sale, nor why they are putting the passwords in the clear (this runs contrary to everything Paul has done in the past to try to get good tickets into the hands of fans).

Wasn't there talk of more than one Sao Paulo show?

theMess likes this.
  22. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

Something odd I noticed: last night was my third time seeing Paul (first time was in '02), and I realized that while he plays many Beatles songs, talks about John and George, and also mentions "Wings" by name several times, he has never in the three times I've seen him ever used the word "Beatles."

He usually introduces a Beatles song by calling it "a song from the 60s" but never actually says "Beatles." I wonder why. Does it just go without saying? Is he trying to be humble? Is he trying to create some mystique? Or maybe it's just a coincidence, has anyone else seen him and heard him say "Beatles" while on stage since he started touring again in 2002?

EDIT: Just as I was typing this I remembered he told the story last night about meeting government officials in Moscow and one saying, "We learned English from Beatles records... Hello, Goodbye," so I guess I proved myself wrong, but that was a quick throwaway line. I still feel like he's careful about saying the word and doesn't throw it around like he does "Wings" or use it to introduce songs or to tell old stories about when he was in the group.

23. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

My buddy couldn't make the show, so grabbed his $50 ticket sorta side/slightly behind the stage for the Nashville show tonight. Not sure how great it's going to be from that angle, but the price was right.

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

That is where I was at last time he did Nashville. I thought it was a great place to be.

25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I didn't realize the side-stage 300 level was actually a lot lower till I found last-minute Billy Joel tickets there for $20 a few months ago. For $50, I'll take it. No way I could afford good seats to this...love the guy, but I have my limits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.