New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Cormier

Bill Cormier Forum Resident

That is "Out There" ! Thanks ! I still have friends looking for tix.

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

It's bad, but is it worse than this? A fine facility, which used to be the BSU Pavilion...
    [​IMG]
    :shake:

theMess likes this.
  3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Personally, I think the whole phenomenon of corporate naming rights is an abomination.

4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I typed in code. It says I'm in, but then it says no tickets are available. Am I ****ED or what?!???

5. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Then you are also unaware of this beauty I saw being debuted the same night as 'Come And Get It':

theMess and linclink like this.
  6. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

$250 doesn't touch the good seats--they are $2000 USD...and no, I did not do a typo. No way I'm going to pay that for anyone...not even if the Beatles were reincarnated for the event.

7. Daniel Plainview

Trying to win tickets from radio station.

If I don't succeed tomorrow at 10 a.m. I'm going to have to sell my body on the street.

mgoad30 likes this.
  8. Bill Cormier

Bill Cormier Forum Resident

Good luck, I hope you can get one ! I saw him 4 years ago at Citi Field and it was the best concert I have ever seen (and I have seen a few the last 45 years!).
    Oh, don't forget you can call Tiketmaster too, 476-1000. It is good to work both this and the online angle to cover all your bases.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Relax! Geez, the general onsale hasn't even happened yet - don't panic! Even if the show "sells out", tickets will be out there via TM. Just be patient...

10. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

Got my ticket to Louisville. Section 104!

mgoad30 likes this.
  11. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Used the "out there" code and got tickets for the NOLA show. I'm in the boonies - sec 317 12th row(on the side about 3 sections from parallel to stage). High enough, but no so bad that I can't see the whole show. Sure as hell wasn't shelling out almost $300 again like I did back in 2002. Like my friend always said - get me in. Want to hear him, know what he looks like.

Hell, I can't wait for the bombs to go off with Live And Let Die.:hide:. I know I'll enjoy the show, but.....I love pyro!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  12. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Somebody told me the first ten rows for NOLA were going $1800. I'm really surprised the top "regular" price(before charges) was $250, the same as his last visit in 2002. The promoters must be paying Macca a mint. Some said he took a bath the last time here.

13. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

I snagged my tickets for the NOLA show and I'm in the boonies too....section 320. Almost behind the stage. Oh well, at least I'll be there.

14. Daniel Plainview

I'm in baby!

upload_2014-4-14_10-8-36.png

hazard, puffyrock2, theMess and 3 others like this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Now just don't walk under any ladders, avoid stepping on any cracks, break no mirrors, cut back on your cholesterol, do not walk while drunk on the highway, etc. And hope (pray) that Paul stays healthy too.

Arnie

theMess and Daniel Plainview like this.
  16. jmklein87

jmklein87 Forum Resident

I'll be at the Louisville, KY show. It's a local show for me. Section 111! This will be my 3rd Macca show.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    mgoad30 and theMess like this.
  17. Daniel Plainview

This will be my first time seeing Sir Paul. We had tickets for some sort of bus trip to the Meadowlands in 1990 but either the show or the bus was cancelled for some reason.

icirider and theMess like this.
  18. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

To pay 1000 dollars plus for a Macca ticket one must be really "out there"

DLeet and vince like this.
  19. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The shows happened - I was there for them. Rained badly one night and I literally couldn't give away two extra tickets in the parking lot before the show.

20. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I paid about that much for 2 to get 8th row in Nashville in 2009. It was the VIP special and I didn't realize it. I just thought it might be my only good chance to see Paul and who would have thought seats THAT good were showing up on Ticketmaster? Then I get home and he announces one for Detroit the following year.. So I went that one too.. But the Nashville show was better.. More intimate (for an arena), better setlist.

21. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Yep, I saw him at Giants Stadium in both 1990 and 1993: we took one of the 'event day' buses out of Port Authority each time to get there. I remember the 1993 trip vividly as the driver just could not figure out how to exit off the Turnpike to get to the stadium so we circled it a good 2-3 times before she finally got it. She was near tears at the end as a full busload of rabid McCartney fans are not to be toyed with!

22. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

It looks like it will happen this year, now just which stadium..

Paul McCartney concert: Let it be at new stadium, 49ers say
    Phillip Matier And Andrew Ross
    Updated 6:40 am, Sunday, April 13, 2014
    SF Gate

The 49ers are in talks with Paul McCartneyto perform the opening concert at their new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara - a move that would effectively yank the rug out from under San Francisco's plans for the music legend to headline a final send-off concert at Candlestick Park.

Mayor Ed Lee personally invited McCartney to close the Stick when the former Beatle played at the Outside Lands festival in Golden Gate Park last year.
    The idea was to say goodbye to the ballpark where the Beatles played their final paid concert in 1966.
    McCartney's reps and the city had been talking since Lee made the offer, and City Hall was convinced that the show was all but a done deal.

It all changed, however, when McCartney's envoys, including his worldwide concert promoter, Barrie Marshall, toured Candlestick last month and let slip that they had just visited Levi's Stadium as part of negotiations with the Niners for an opening concert there in early August.

It was a blindside hit that had city officials feeling betrayed.
    Team execs insisted to San Francisco officials that they had been approached about hosting a McCartney show by Live Nation, the national promoter that has a financial stake in Sir Paul's management company.
    Besides, the Niners said they had a fiduciary responsibility to their sponsors - including Levi's, which has a $220 million naming-rights deal at the stadium - to host a certain number of concerts a year.
    "Classless" is how one San Francisco official greeted the Niners' play - which some see as the latest in a string of insults aimed at the city since owner John York announced in 2006 that the team was leaving town.
    Sarah Ballard, spokeswoman for the city's Recreation and Park Department, which runs Candlestick, expressed disappointment at the prospect of losing the concert. But she steered clear of any name calling, noting that the decision on where to play was ultimately McCartney's.

Mayoral spokeswoman Christine Falvey said that regardless of how it all plays out, "the city is going to have a great farewell for Candlestick for the public." A representative for Live Nation said the company had no comment.
    In a statement, the Niners said they book events on behalf of the Santa Clara Stadium Authority and "we continue to seek world-class sports and entertainment events that benefit the entire region."

theMess likes this.
  23. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Maybe San Francisco can snag Ringo instead. :):D

theMess likes this.
  24. theMess

theMess Forum Resident Thread Starter

Is Pete Best still touring? :D

teebo911 and Frank like this.
  25. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

That Nashville show was excellent! We got a complete "Tequila"! A friend snagged some Louisville tix for me, I'm hoping for something a little closer to home.

mgoad30 and theMess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.