New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Yes. All good.

Sgt Pepper likes this.
  2. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

All pretty damn good to me

Sgt Pepper likes this.
  3. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

"Let There Be More Light" on A Saucerful of Secrets sounds astonishingly good. My eyes bugged out of my head when I heard that one! Of the five or so Floyd reissue LPs that I have, that was the only true revelation, but they all sound wonderful. I recommend you pick up Saucerful, it sounds fantastic (unless you hate the album, haha).

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

SQ, I prefer my old US Wall lp. However it is nice having a 'quiet' representation, they did good with this one.
    +1 on Piper as well. For the other titles I have a hodgepodge of old compact disc mastering's, plus one LP i'm happy with so I skipped the others.
    The Division Bell I prefer the old compact mastering over the 2014-2017

superstar19 likes this.
  5. youraveragevinylcollector

youraveragevinylcollector Forum Resident

I'm hoping to get The Wall and possibly DSoTM, as my 2011 remaster of The Wall just sounds so over the place to me. Sometimes it sounds good, decent, or just bad. And my original DSoTM has been "well-loved" and has dozens of pops and clicks. Anyone compare the 2016 to the 2011 remasters?

6. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Thanks for the heads up Ultra. I have it, but it's the only one I haven't played yet. I have all the re-issues with the exception of the Wall. My original first press is NM and is one of my best sounding discs. No need to talk myself out of that it is :) Will definitely spin it soon!

Also agree with another post that the Meddle sounds awesome. Ranks with Piper for best sounding of the reissues IMO.

7. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

Yep, the 2011 Wall ain't that great but the latest remaster is very nicely done as is all of the latest reissue campaign.
    Gary

Myke likes this.
  8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I've grabbed Animals and, randomly, the More soundtrack of the 2016's so far.

Agreed, Animals is rather mind-blowing. The separation on the instruments alone sounds incredible, as does the soundstage. Great low-end impact on what might be their most consistently groove-heavy album.

I am eyeing Piper and Meddle as my next purchases, haven't ever owned either on LP.

MisterBritt likes this.
  9. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Do it!

Chrome_Head likes this.
  10. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Not a vinyl guy, and I was overall very happy with the 2011 CD campaign, but it also makes me happy these latest vinyl reissues were a success. (Or so I gather) At least there's one band out there that treats its fans well.

SM7609 and Myke like this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Hattipper likes this.
  12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I have now full set of the latest reissues on vinyl, as I ordered couple missing ones and today received them.
    All the albums I have (EU-pressings) are pristine and great pressings. Im really happy with them and it's nice to finally own all the albums in immaculate new editions.
    Of course, I have some original, old and represses of the albums also, but I suppose that these new ones will be my go to versions on vinyl.

andrewskyDE, zinan, DPC and 2 others like this.
  13. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

This is a very long thread... and I haven't followed it in a while.. but I've got a dilemma / question.

I received a US reissue of Animals today from Amazon and it is cut by BG.

But.. the coding numbers from Record Industry are 17827 2A / 2B. That doesn't match what Discogs lists, which is 17203 1A/1B. I would assume that Discogs listing was posted when the LP first came out last year.

Is anybody familiar with Record Industry's coding? Would this mean that it was from a different plate that came off the original lacquer and renumbered (like a second press run) , or is this an actual different cut that Bernie did of the record?

This is the first disc I've grabbed beyond the first four which were done at different plants for US and Europe. I really didn't know that they switched to the same plant worldwide for the next waves of the series.

Can anybody verify their Record Industry code on Animals bought when it first came out? Was this addressed in prior posts many pages back?

14. Where are you Simon

Where are you Simon Well-Known Member

Have you played it yet?
    Did your ears like it ?

15. Myke

Discogs info. is loaded by schmoes like us. Meaningless.

Christopher B likes this.
  16. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I like it. I think it sounds great. It compares very nicely to my 2B/2D US press. But, I'm not highly familiar with the LP, only having listened to it about 3x total in all these years.

I'm just wondering if there are two cuts out there or if its just a repress with a new job number. I'm not going to search out any 'first' pressing of the new remasters. Its just to satisfy my curiosity about matrix numbers.

17. Myke

Mine are 17203 1A, and 17203 1B.

MickAvory likes this.
  18. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Well.. I'll take a guess that mine are from at least a second pressing, but its not evident yet that they are a second cut.

19. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Still no mono Piper or ASoS. :shake:

jmczaja, andrewskyDE and Vinyl Addict like this.
  20. Myke

I don't know how long ago this price drop occurred, and I don't know how long it'll last, but you never see a " 2016 " Division Bell for only $25.06 ?!?!?!?!?
    Boutiques like Acoustic Sounds are asking the list of $49.98 !!!!!

Link : Pink Floyd - The Division Bell - Amazon.com Music

boboquisp and rontoon like this.
  21. Myke

Five ??? copies now.

1994 US CD
    1994 Blue vinyl w/edits
    2011 CD reissue
    2014 Blu ray w/5.1 surround from the box, bought separately
    2016 Vinyl reissue

:hide:

Hattipper likes this.
  22. Myke

Atom Heart Mother
    Meddle
    The Dark Side Of The Moon
    Wish You Were Here
    ( UK vinyl just ordered -thanks Forum brothers who did the work on securing us all a ' BG.' )
    Animals
    The Wall
    The Division Bell
    ( I know, not a BG, but not edited either. Yes, I have the blue vinyl too ).

Now I'm actually done. Love ya Bernie, really.

andrewskyDE and Vinyl Addict like this.
  23. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Well, tried ordering a DS WYWH version on Amazon. I got a BG version I already got off ebay, cause I thought if I ordered on Amazon I would get a DS version.

Now I want the DS version and got another BG. :(

If anyone wants to trade a DS for a BG, let me know.

24. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Are the BG WYWH being distributed in the US now? I see BG on all the hype stickers in the stores now but read a while back they were still the Doug Sax wax.

The copy I bought on release last year did not have BG on the hype sticker and was the DS version. It sounds awesome but would like to hear the BG too.

25. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

I ordered from Amazon UK, but Canada seems to have the BGs.