New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Amateur! :winkgrin:

[​IMG]

1994 UK LP 1st press 1st variation matrix
    1994 UK LP 1st press 2nd variation matrix
    1994 US LP 1st press blue vinyl
    1994 UK CD 1st press braille box
    1994 UK Cassette (still sealed!)
    200? US LP blue vinyl bootleg
    2011 EU CD remaster
    2014 EU CD remaster
    2014 EU 2LP remaster
    2014 EU Super Deluxe Box (including Surround Mix DVD, "Take It Back" 7" and "High Hopes" 7" and 12")

...and
    2017 T-Shirt with Storm Thorgerson original artwork (from Their Mortal Remains)

...and last but definitely not least
    2017 throw (from Their Mortal Remains) underneath it all :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. My release day copy from Amazon.ca is the Sax.

3. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Mine has the hype sticker. But I heard here it was DS even with the sticker. Even though one guy said he got a US BG with that hype sticker. Mine is a US BG with hype sticker.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Using the barcode / UPC # seems a lot safer way to assure a UK / BG copy. That UPC is : 5099902988016 . Next, I chose megahitrecords as my seller. They are on Amazon's Marketplace. They seem to specialize in imports, so I felt confident enough to order from them.

This is Out For Delivery right now, so I can confirm if this worked, or not.

5. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yes please keep us posted! Thx

Myke likes this.
  6. Myke

BG !!! :tiphat: :bdance: Of course I needed my magnifier, but right there in the deadwax.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  7. Myke

Impressive packaging. Nice outer with adhesive flap, over another black bag, with yet another adhesive flap. Classy reissue.

Hattipper likes this.
  8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Just ordered both Meddle and Piper over the weekend, should have them both in my mitts this week.

I think the only other ones I'm interested in are possibly The Wall and also replacing my ghastly f-ed up old pressing of Wish You Were Here. I'm pretty happy with my old Capitol Dark Side Of The Moon. I bet the new one sounds amazing, though.

Any thoughts on the 2016 Atom Heart Mother? I picked up an old copy a few months ago, and I just think it's okay-sounding. Are the drums still left-of-center in the 2016 mix?

9. Myke

If they are, I never noticed. God, WYWH is incredible !?!?! No plans to sell the UK 1st yet. Yet. Bernie and my old setup are meant for each other.
    :hugs:

Echoes Myron and Chrome_Head like this.
  10. Echoes Myron

Just ordered...thanks for the tip.

Myke likes this.
  11. Myke

I posted within my glowing feedback, how I had posted here, hopefully selling a few more copies for them.
    LOVE great sellers !!!!

12. Myke

And I just got this e-mail :

Hi Mike,

Thank you again for your order of Wish You Were Here {{{Vinyl}}} PINK FLOYD .

View Order on Amazon.com

The available tracking information from USPS shows that your item has been delivered. If there is any problem with the order, please let us know right away and we'll do what we can to make it right. You can also simply reply to this email.

Amazon handles the fulfillment and shipping of all our orders. If you need a refund or replacement due to damage in shipping, click here to refund/replace and it will be handled immediately. If you did not receive your order, please contact Amazon Customer Service directly at 1-866-216-1072.

Thanks again for your purchase, we'd appreciate it if you could take a few seconds to click the link below and rate this transaction.

Leave Us Feedback

Thank You,
    Megahit Records

13. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Still available at this price, just snagged one. Thank you, Myke. :righton:

Myke likes this.
  14. Myke

You're very welcome. Warms my heart, really.

boboquisp likes this.
  15. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Nice, going to pick up division bell too. Assuming his is a great pressing like the rest of these, right?

16. Myke

All my research tells me yes.

17. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

Phenomenal, but not BG....

18. Myke

Does anyone know why Vernon Fitch hasn't updated his discography page, adding these 2016 reissues ?

19. Smegman

Smegman Forum Resident

I must say that I'm not impressed by the new Final Cut. The drums don't kick like they should, can't understand why. Even the Discovery CD has more power.
    These reissues are so good that I completely fail to see what went wrong with this particular album.

20. Echoes Myron

Which version do you prefer?

21. Smegman

Smegman Forum Resident

I can only compare it to my TML US pressing (1B/1C) which has much more punch, IMHO.

Shak Cohen likes this.
  22. Sparkler

Sparkler Senior Member

They are there, under the US LP Discography --> Pink Floyd Archives-U.S. LP Discography

Myke likes this.
  23. Myke

I was looking under the UK, as the BG WYWH was being discussed, and I had just rec'd it.

24. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Cool, I look forward to listening to it. They did a good job with Piper and Meddle so I'm hoping the streak continues!

25. PFA

PFA Forum Resident

That's a E.U. release. Check the labels.

Hattipper likes this.