New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Darrin Crawford

Darrin Crawford Forum Resident

Just so you all know....a record store that I frequent in Northern Ontario posted that they have the first four releases in stock.
    That's kinda weird!!

2. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

It's possible ... release date is only a week away and they could have already shown up, but it's kinda scummy of the store to break street date. They could also get fined by the record label.

3. Darrin Crawford

True but somehow I don't think the fans will care.
    $29.99Cdn dollars

4. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

One chain store in czech republic listed release date on 5/27 (today)...weird

5. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Not me! Let somebody out there be the first one out there to pick them up and give us a report. If they are #$%@ then it may give some of us enough time to change our minds. Being the first one on the block doesn't mean a thing to me.

6. Darrin Crawford

C'mon. ....positive vibes now.
    I really can't see or hear these being bad at all.

Mazzy likes this.
  7. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

I don't have Pulse either. Didn't love the 1994 tour so didn't see the need to pick that one up. I guess the draw was the full performance of Dark Side.... ? But now I am curious.... (I do however have Rubber Soul)

Mazzy likes this.
  8. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Different pressings though.

9. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

That tour blew my young(er) Floyd obsessed mind.

But there you go....

LarsO likes this.
  10. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

I haven't been following this thread too closely. Is Pulse being reissued on vinyl as well?

11. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

I already have first pressings of The Wall and The Final Cut. Those are the only ones I care to own on vinyl apart from Dark Side Of The Moon, which I don't currently have on vinyl. When's Dark Side of The Moon being reissued?

12. Jerry Horne

:thumbsup:

misterclean likes this.
  13. PteroDon

PteroDon Forum Resident

I want an LP including Point Me at the Sky........

RingoStarr39 and Billy_Sunday like this.
  14. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

The LP edition of Delicate Sound of Thunder doesn't have Us and Them on it. I would love to have the album on vinyl though.

15. Jerry Horne

Any chance of getting back on topic to the Pink Floyd vinyl reissue program that consists of the albums Piper through The Division Bell?

16. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Likewise. I am hoping that both DSOT and Pulse will be released as part of this series.

17. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

So, as I understand it, Pink Floyd now own their recordings. But who is "Pink Floyd"? Does Roger Waters have ownership along with Gilmour, Mason and the estates of Barret and Wright?

18. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I don't think Barrett's estate has any ownership interest in the band - I think they just receive royalties. I also think Waters owns the rights to certain intellectual property, but I believe that "Pink Floyd" is Mason, Gilmour and perhaps Wright's estate?

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  19. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

So I placed an order with Amazon.ca for Piper, Saucer and More and it came to just under $72 USD with shipping and the price guarantee. No free shipping to the US but that was $11.10. The CAN to USD conversion rate made these fairly cheap.
    They are all the same price at Amazon.ca at 25.19 CDN which is 19.23 inUSD.
    I look at Amazon.com and the price for Piper is 23.99, but the price for More and Saucer is 27.98.
    The cheapest shipped in the US is Amoeba at around 75$, and at Amazon.com it would be $79.95.
    I figure since it is Amazon they are likely to do returns the same as any, I had purchased from their UK site before and they sent a replacement copy when there was a problem -without requiring the bad item to go back.
    It would be really sweet if the CA Amazon did the free shipping, I got a new 2lp set from a Toronto company called Musicvaultz recently that shipped for free to Chicago.
    Amazon is just kind of oily other than the better return policy, I mean how do they figure the 2 titles being $4 more than the other 1? Do they look at the demand and just start jacking the price?
    As far as where the discs are made Warner Music for the UK & Europe and Sony Music for North America and the rest of the world, too early to know which region will be spitting out duds.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Jerry Horne likes this.
  20. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Who has the cheapest price for Ummagumma?

21. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

In the US I think it would be Amoeba or Amazon right now.
    The Canadian Amazon might be the cheapest.

22. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I remember something along the lines of Waters got full control of The Wall and left the rest to Floyd,but still get royalties on everything,maybe I'm wrong.

23. Darrin Crawford

Just saw them posted in a shop in Barrie Ontario for $30.00 each so you did well.

24. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

29 USD (!) at Amazon.ca, I think you have to place an actual order to see the shipping cost.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  25. Darrin Crawford

Well let's see at the beginning of this you requested box sets and that's technically not on topic so please stop ok??
    We are all chiming in on what we feel is relevant not what you specifically think.